Top Website Placement / Internet Marketing Fraud

1 3100 Airway Blvd, costa, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 714 432 7300

This company is all smoke and mirrors. They tell you they will put you up in the "top" of Google & Yahoo for the "best" search terms and that you are going to get all this trafic to your site. Then, they put you up on these ridiculous terms that no one searches on and place you half way down the page. After 2 months of service and paying over $400, I had received exactly 3 hits to my site from their professioanl service. What a ripoff. My sales person, Mike Ortega, kept telling me to be patient, but patience is not want I needed. I needed terms people really looked for and better positioning. Mike told me I could get that for more money! What a joke. These guys are a scam. Stay away

Ka

More Top Website Placement Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Rh
      19th of May, 2009

I had a similar experience. i agree

• Ca
      23rd of Feb, 2011

Competition keeps posting negative comments on this company! Mike Ortega is not even on the sales team and their promised results are guaranteed to place you on the first page of Google, Yahoo and or Bing. It's the old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" If your home page on your website has no call to action, then the person visiting your website has no incentive to contact you.

• Te
      14th of Apr, 2011

I have had placement with this company for years and have had nothing but success! I have always been on the keywords I contracted for and have had a ton of people to my site. I would recommend them to anybody.

• Te
      14th of Apr, 2011

I have contracted with this company for years and have bought several different products. They have generated traffic to my web site and had done what they said they would do. I would recommend them to anyone!

• Nu
      13th of Jul, 2011

Terrible. Over-charging. Making us believe we're getting a steal by getting a keyword for ONLY 125 bucks when it really costs them NOTHING unless people click on it. It's a cost per click company just saying they have some magical powers that the search engines gave them. After one of their sales people got fired he told me about the doubts and sketchiness he had about the company. Every time I would call, my "sales rep" would have "moved on to a better job." Hmmmm maybe he was on to them and they didn't like that. I have talked to both "owners, " one was completely clueless and the other must have been lying for so long he actually believes what he says.

• Ry
      26th of Jul, 2011

you know what, this sound suspiciously like it is from a former employee {J*$# K1^&y} who got fired for trying to sell leads to multiple competitors, and they are making a fool hardy attempt to make us look bad because they are really upset that unemployment doesn't agree with them. This complaint is clearly meant to mislead as it doesn't ad up.
    For example:
    If you can call our business and speak with all the owners I would be very surprised, we have multiple locations and it is rare that clients will cross paths with more than one. I have worked with Top Website Placement for over a year now, and in that time I have only seen marketing coaches and department managers speak with the customers. The owners are very busy people and don't have time to deal with sales calls.
    So if anyone out there is under the impression that we are simply managing a pay per click account or are dishonest or anything short of forthright I would love to speak with you and explain how we are able to deliver unlimited clicks for a flat monthly rate, as well as offering a money back guarantee in first page placement, please feel free to call @ 714-432-6701

• Jd
      26th of Jul, 2011

Top Website Placement stands behind it's promise to put you on the first page of the search engines on the keywords you agree to be placed on. If they don't deliver they give you a complete refund. Don't be swayed by competitors or employees that have been caught stealing. They are the real deal!

• Jd
      26th of Jul, 2011

Top Website Placement stands behind their promise to put you on the frst page of the search engines on keywords you choose. If we don't deliver we refund you your purchase. That is why you are secure with your purchase and have your credit card company as a backup. Dont be fooled by competitors false claims or disgrundled employees who have been caught stealing and making erroneous claims. Top Website has maintained a A Rating with the BBB for Years!

17th of Aug, 2011

The flow of lies from this place... RyanIMT there are not multiple locations to that company and that is a 100% FACT. Any idiot could find that out, you shouldn't lie about things that are so easy to find out. And when I called I was told Candi Adams worked at the Michigan office, well there is NO Michigan office so clearly somebody has an active imagination at that place. I don't know who "J*$# K1^&y" is but I'm sure that person doesn't even exist and that's your way of shifting the attention from this company's lies. I spent a nice chunk of change on keywords which put me on the 1st page, too bad those keywords sucked and got me NOOOOOO new business. I have a friend who is a computer whiz at a VERY reputable company (with a real job, not a pay per click scheme) and he told me everything about these companies that do the monthly keywords. Here's how it works people... So they sign up with the search engines and get this program that lets them add people onto sponsored links. Google has "adwords, " I don't remember what the other ones are. So then they can find out how many clicks each keyword gets per month. Lets say you own a shoe store and so you want the keyword to be "shoes." Well that's obviously going to get a lot of clicks and you won't be able to afford that unless you're Nike or Adidas. Let's just say that "shoes" would get 1, 000, 000 clicks per month and they are $2 per click. That would be $2, 000, 000 out of THEIR pockets so they would charge you $4, 000, 000. So Top Website Placement and other companies like it will give you a word like "tree shoes" that gets 3 clicks per month. Well the "minimum" is $125 a month so you're paying $125 for 3 clicks but you're still on the front page of Google so you're all excited because there you are on the 1st page of Google. Well, nobody is seeing you because you and 2 other people in America type in "tree shoes" and the other 2 are probably on accident. They're doing what they tell you they are going to do, it just costs them nothing to do it unless you get clicks. They are going to deny the whole cost per click thing because that's what they all do. I was told about how they get some special technology. I could fricken buy adwords! I don't care about the money I lost, lesson learned. Just wanted to share the facts. T.W.P. did exactly what they said they were going to do, put me on the 1st page of Google... they just forgot to tell me that it was a crap keyword and nobody would search it and it costs them nada to do it. The money back guarantee is that you'll be on the 1st page, they don't guarantee anything about clicks so thanks but no thanks RyanIMT. As to whatever employee put the thing about the BBB, the BBB means nothing if people don't complain to it, DUH. For the record, I messaged numerounolakersfan to see if he was a "disgruntled employee, " he said no he was just going to let all the employees behavior speak for itself. Accusing somebody that had a bad experience of being a stealing employee or a competitor just out to get them. Sad stuff when you have to use such a low blow to undermine what a customer has said.

• Ry
      24th of Aug, 2011

A sad rant by a sad person.

26th of Aug, 2011

I notice nothing was denied by Ryan IMT. Haha.

28th of Jun, 2012

I'm new. What is a good way to get a lot of hits...economically?

28th of Jun, 2012

I'm new at this and have a very small website. What is the best way to direct traffic to my site economically?

• Bm
      12th of Sep, 2012

They are a total rip off. The only 2 positive comments are from candi adams, which was a made up name for Top Website placement's email blast campaign (those orf you 4 to 5 years ago remembers getting those) and Ted, who is Jerry Leiman, one of the owners. Marketing on the internet is expensive, and you get what you pay for, but they try to convince you that for $200 to $300 per month you are going to see lots of business to your site. They also claim they work with Yahoo and Google. That is a lie. They simply have a formula that calculates the traffic and the cost per click into a monthly rate. If you get too much traffic, they drop you. Don't be fooled by these con artists

29th of Nov, 2012

TWP is a joke. All the testimonials are made up by Mike Ortega. He, along with his partner, use to work for Nettsolutions, but started top website only after they stole proprietary information, for which they were sued, and which they settled out of court. They claim to bed authorized sellers for Google and Yahoo, yet Google and Yahoo have never heard of them or the program. It isn't really permanent placement. It is simply a formula based on the cost and traffic to over charge you for managing a Pay per click account. It is easy to prove what I am saying, simply sign up with them and monitor your before and after traffic, and where the clicks came from, and you will find that none of your traffic came from the phrases they have you on.

• Er
      20th of Apr, 2015

I agree with all the above complaints. I contacted them and they came back and tried to sell me a bunch of phrases that according to adwords were useless. Nobody was typing those phrases in the search engines. I contacted Google and they informed me that Google has no resellers under them, contradicting what my sales person said. They also promised me an increase in sales, which is 110% impossible to guarantee with any advertising. If the product was any good they wouldn't have to lie. They also wouldn't provide me with any references. Thank God I didn't waste my money