Top Spot Marketing / SCAM

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Top spot marketing contacted me offering guaranteed first page listings on my 5 best key phrases.
The total cost for my 30 days marketing was around £100, the rep on the phone was a liverpudlian and very difficult to understand.
Pushy aint in it!!!
I recieved no calls let alone jobs, when I asked what major phrases I had been assigned, one was..."computer repairs in greater manchester"... I wonder why that didn't work!!!
I cancelled after 25 of my 30 days, top spot marketing took a further 3 payments from my card!!!
Stay well clear... Scam scam scam!!!

Comments

• Si
      6th of May, 2010

I agree, these jokers take advantage of people with no search engine knowledge.
    They take unauthorised payments, sometimes running into £1000's.
    Find a reputable company...NOT TOP SPOT MARKETING !

• Th
      21st of Dec, 2010

If it were a scam they WOULD have been shut down by google by now sinse according to the business registers they have been trading sinse 2008, GET A GRIP, yes there are lots of scammers out there but you cant just go around calling companies scam artists. Trust me if they were a scam company posing as a reputable company they would not be trading, google would have shut them down quicker then you could say scam. Looking at the site http://www.topspotmarketing.co.uk they are just an advertising company providing google first page adverts and facebook adverts. Yes you could do it your self but do you know anything about google, if not you could end up spending a fortune on a useless campaign. Checked with google and they are indeed a google accredited company so face it your WRONG. This company would never tell you their from google, this would completely risk their google adwords account which is the only source of income for them. FACE IT, you gave them your money to advertise, it didnt work, now your angry. If you advertised in a local newspaper and paid for the advert and didnt get any response from the advert at all, would you plaster the internet and call them a scam because they didnt give you your money back for somthing you agreed to, i doubt it, im suprised they havent found out who you all are and sued you all for slander yet. As for the CCJ, tough - you should have bit your tongue and paid your bill for the advertising they probably provided you with.

• To
      17th of Jan, 2011

What claptrap! Do you work for Top Spot marketing Scam or have an interest in it? I cancelled after 48 hours and sent letters. emails and faxes and yet they took money from my credit card the following month. Now tell me that's honest! They changed their email address, phone numbers and fax number and when I finally got through to their office they hung up! Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM Top Spot Marketing SCAM

• Wy
      23rd of Feb, 2017

They contacted me about advertising at a local gym (banner/towels). They took my money and I approved an ad. I checked with the gym and no such advertising took place. That was 6 months ago. I contacted them, no response. $325.00 scammed from me.