Top Secret Paint And CoatingsTerrible company

H Review updated:

We applied an epoxy protective coating to a floor and spent considerable phone time with the company getting all the instructions and list of products for this job. Our contractor also spoke to the tech department to confirm the instructions. About twenty days after application, the color started coming off. We called and were told that there was a "hardener" that should have been applied. No one mentioned anything about a hardener (which on the website is labeled optional for use if heavy objects might be on the surface e.g. cars). We had to redo the job and when we asked for the products (not the labor) to be comped, they denied any responsibility. PLEASE be warned that this company will not stand by its products and has extremely rude customer service (they hung up on me when I suggested they should consider a refund for the replacement products, Once they have your money the business relationship is apparently over.

More Top Secret Paint And Coatings Complaints & Reviews

Nov 24, 2009

Yes they are bad company to do bussiness with . spent 3000.oo with them had problems all the way, miss ship wrong product shipped, would not return calls had problem with product would not honor Gaurantee, hung up on me, once they have your dollars your on your own, I have been involved in the contruction trades for 35 years, worked with epoxy, enamel, latex, automotive paints you name it, But its not there fault the product failed its mine buy from reputable paint store LOCAL if possible stay clear they will not honor any Gaurantee Kevin Beno American Rent All LLc Thompson Ct.

• T
      Dec 05, 2009

The author of this negative comment refused to heed verbal and written tech help offered on a variety of occasions. In addition to not using the TS-160 Accelerator/Hardener, which is clearly required in all flooring applications, the consumer fails to acknowledge he/she actually covered the still uncured finish with tarps then wondered why curing was inhibited and discoloration was experienced once the tarps were removed. One cannot expect epoxy to cure hard enough for motorized traffic without a hardener. Moreover, one cannot expect any coating to cure properly when covered with tarps. I suggest 35 years experience working with epoxy, enamel, latex, automotive paints you name it, would have been more fruitful if the author had been more willing to listen to expert advice, reading and adhering to product data and application instructions provided by the manufacturer. Top Secret Coatings Inc. www.superfloorcoat.com.

• T
      Dec 05, 2009

We returned all of Mr. Beno's calls without delay. We respond to all problems as exampled even by our response on this forum. Yes, we made a small error on Mr. Beno's order but immediately made good the problem by shipping an additional $300 worth of free product in an effort to meet his needs. With this said, Mr. Beno neglects to mention he attempted to persuade us to send an additional $300 in material claiming the free paint we sent him was unacceptable. We checked batch numbers and the free product was from the same batch as what he received previously indicating the product claim on the free product he received from us was contrived. When we declined he became abusive advising us he would attempt to ruin the good reputation of our company.

Dec 12, 2009

MR. Harret can not even get his story striaght, he confuses the complaints of mine and somebody else, yes I have been in the building trades for 35 years but I am not the complaint that he says used tarps ! Lets see here Better Bussiness gives them a D+ rating and there are numerous complaints about them, but we all have it wrong, that has been there attiude throughout, We are a Multimillion dollar Company and have been in bussiness since 1986, with no such bad will posted anywhere I can find, and no complaints to the better bussiness, Rather than Honor there posted Warrantee they would rather slander and belittle the very consumers that buy from them, I can assure you 300.00 is not the issue. BAD SERVICE BAD PRODUCT Nothing is ever there fault read the reviews on the other sites Kevin Beno American Rent All LLC Thompson Ct.[protected]

May 08, 2010

As a update on product.Six months after diamond grinding the floor and acid treating it, the epoxy is lifting.We followed directions to the tee and now it is lifting up. No adhesion, Three weeks work for three men down the drain. Based on the past dealings with this company I am not even going to try and collect on there Warranty. Buyer Beware if you purchase on the internet out of state you will have no recourse. Reccomend you purchase from local reputable paint store.Check out the BBB rating for this company.