Top cigarette tobacco / Cupon missing, charged shelf price

1 12939 Casino DriveAnacortes 98221, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: N/A

I bought a can of Top cigarette tobacco this morning, the top of the can said:A valuble coupon has been removed. I asked the clerk what happened to the coupon and she said "Oh we don't honor them, we just tear them off and throw them in the trash." She still charged me shelf price for the tobacco, so I figure she made $4.oo profit as the coupons have always been for $2.00 off. I think this is unlawful and I thought you should know of their shady practices. They should reimburse me for the $2.00 rip off.

Comments

• Be
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I just wrote the complaint and realized the clerk really covered her butt, she didn't give me a reciept. I looked in my purse and the bag and couldn't find one. Since I paid cash I never noticed it at the time. Its too far away or I'd go buy another can just to catch her. There would be no way to prove my complaint without a reciept. Darn.

5th of May, 2008

I know what you mean! I bought some for my uncle last week at a discount tobacco place. Some cans had coupons, others did not. I noticed the ones with coupons were priced the coupon value higher than those without coupons. I mentioned this to the clerk and they shrugged and said they did not stock shelves. The following day, I returned to purchase him a few more cans and noticed all the cans without coupons were gone. I guess they were placed in storage until the ones with coupons were sold.