Top Choice Digital / poor customer service - scam

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I ordered a computer on 12/11 on the topchoicedigital.com website and still had not received a confirmation, so I called today (12/14). What a mistake. Clark the alleged supervisor was obnoxious and would not look to see if my order had been received or was processing. I made the mistake of not writing down the transaction number on the confirmation page, and he told me that it was not his fault that I didn't know how to use my computer. He was insulting and would not allow me to speak with anyone besides him. I told him that I was cancelling any order (duh! what an ###). And then I found this site. I am so grateful. I have now called my credit card company and let them know the situation. I don't want to cancel a credit card in this credit crisis, so if you have the same situation, your credit card company can stop the transaction before it occurs.

Comments

To
  2nd of Jan, 2009

I placed an order with the company because the camera I had been wanting was $200 cheaper through them and at that point all of their reviews I could find on the company were good. The next day I receive an email asking me to call and confirm my order. When I call I am informed teh battery that comes with the camera will only last 10 shots and he can offer me a better battery for a better price if ordered with the camera. Next he says I will have yo have a charger if I don't want to plug my camera into the wall (Since when do cameras have plugs?). After dening the charger he offers it to me for less than 1/2 of what he originally told me so I took it. Then he tries to sell me a tripod a cleaning kit all of this stuff which at this point I said no to. He then gives me my total and says For only $9 more I can give you a our total package that includes 2 batteries, your charger, tripod, cleaning kit, lens protectant and on and on and on. So after agreeing to this for the price which is now $200 more than my order I placed online last night he tells me it will be $50 more. I stopped him and said oh no where did this extra $50 come from, I am not doing this. He proceeds to say ok I can wave this fee and I will get this right out to you and hangs up on me. Before I even knew what was going on I had spent $200 more for something I had no clue what I was getting.

At this point I am mad! Well once I receive the camera and the "KIT" I am even more mad. The tripod is maybe 3 inches. The lens protectant is laminating paper. The lens cleaning kit is a felt cloth and felt on the edges of cardboard. After many attempts of trying to contact someone I have given up. This place is a rip off!!!