Too Lazy Text Alert / Scam charges

Well these predators start out on web sites we all use so you mite think you can trust them. Don't they just what to sell there services to you but they do it so you don't know it.

They may give you a IQ test or some kind of game to pay but to finish you have to give them your cell number. If you do they have you now they can charge you thew your cell bill for there services and you don't even know it happen.

And if you do read there terms witch are hidden at the bottom of the page unless you scroll down. You can cancel it by texting them back STOP to # they will still get there 9.99 for that one month. But if you text them back stop it will after that month still it is a RIPOFF!

Ha

Comments

• Ph
      9th of May, 2009

I agree on the above SCAM charges. I called AT&T and placed a blockage with pin number
    on the cell phone. Performing this action prevents future cell phone charges.

Furthermore, I disputed the $9.99 charge and received credit within 72 hours.

Hope this helps.

• La
      17th of May, 2009

Yes, I was also ripped off for two $9.99 charges by these people... one charge was for "Too Lazy Text Alerts", and the other was for "Ringtone/Alerts/Grap"! The odd thing is the Merchant Contact phone number is the very same as the phone number for AT&T MEdia Mall who charged me $2.49 for something called "All Summer Long"... what is THAT about?

28th of May, 2009

This has happened with me ONCE and I will NOT give my cell number for any of those quizzes and things. I am on FaceBook and they are running rampant with these dumb quizzes. Some of them are silly and don't ask for your cell number, but many do. Just don't take the quiz or test or whatever. My husband had $50 of charges on his cell bill and didn't realize where they came from!

Also, Too Lazy LLC isn't the only one either, we had PredictoMobile, Who Will You Marry, RingTones (that it automatically signs you up for), among others, I'm sure that I don't even know about.

Keep your eyes peeled and ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT!!

6th of Jun, 2009

Please go to FTC.gov and submit a complaint about this company! They need to be stopped. They are charging unauthorized monthly fees for absolutly NO Service! Verizon Wireless feels no responsibility for passing along the fradulent charges either!

26th of Jun, 2009

Does anyone know who the owners are?

• Jh
      27th of Jun, 2009

ehat the ### can i do about it

• Se
      6th of Jul, 2009

was charged for 9.99 data plan when i never subscribed to it

• Al
      21st of Jul, 2009

Generally, you have to click YES somewhere and there is generally a price. That's not to say it's in plain sight, or you weren't just a little stupid.

They say that part of the strategy is to get you to click yes so many times, you can't help yourself.

I'm in another part of the mobile business. We never charge without a person first getting a text on their phone which says the amount it will cost and they they have to reply "yes". You'd be surprised how many people use the service and then call for a refund saying no one ever told them it would cost. I guess they figured their 500 message pack would take care of that, but didn't.

23rd of Jul, 2009

Complaints about these guys are all over the web.. They got our 10 year old daughter for multiple fees on last months bill. We're filing a complaint with the FCC and anyone reading this should do the same. Nothing happens if you don't take action with the people who can actually do something about it. The link with info about how to file the complaint if here:

We're also going to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission under the "Deceptive Business Practices" statute. The online form to do that can be found here:

We're going to copy both complaints to the Attorney General's office for our state as well. With the online forms, it's pretty fast and easy to do this and hopefully, one of them can get these guys shut down since they clearly practice predatory tactics and otherwise serve no possible productive purpose in society!

• Su
      11th of Sep, 2009

Yes I agree with what everyone else is saying. I got caught in it and never even submitted my cell phone number. I too the IQ test and when it came to the part about entering the cell phone number I hit cancel. Never entered anything, They still found me. Another company was Mobile Messenger, they are refunding my money. But I tried to email To Lazy Text Alerts and the email address cannot be found. Very deceptive and a BIG SCAM

• Sp
      24th of Sep, 2009

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know how this charge $9.99 ended up on my phone bill. I never give out my real phone number when I do "anything" online so I don't know how they got it. Thanks for all the "links" help as I always fill out complaints about bogus charges from scam companies. The problem for most people is that they hardly ever complain about scams, so these ### keep on doing it.

ALWAYS make sure you complain about scams otherwise these bogus companies (individuals) will keep on scamming people because they keep getting our money.

I only wish there was an easy way to find out where these people live, because I guarantee after what I would do to them they would "beg" me to take my money back! If that statement sounds "violent", well, it is!

• Bd
      25th of Sep, 2009

Moniker Privacy Services
    Moniker Privacy Services
    20 SW 27th Ave.
    Suite 201
    Pompano Beach
    FL
    Above is the registered owner and address of the nomoretexting.com service and toolazy.net service as listed on whois.com
    Here is their phone number as well:
    Phone: +1.954-984-8445
    Fax: +1.9549699155
    www.moniker.com is the website for this company. I recommend everyone that can, call the company and complain because they are the ones allowing this company to exist because they are supplying the domain services for their website which allows the actual person/company to remain anonymous.

• So
      26th of Sep, 2009

i agree that this is a scam. i cam accross the IQ test version of this via link from an other IQ test page. the only way to get my results was to give the cell number. after getting my results i text "stop" to the number and considered the whole thing done. i didnt recive any other texts from the company and thought it over. we have just now gotten the company to stop charging us after five months worth of $9.99 charges. make sure when you stop the account that you go through at&t as well as the company or else the charges may continue.

• Ge
      13th of Oct, 2009

I agree with these posts! I have been scammed too and I do not EVER remember taking a quiz. I do remember getting a text way back when from Wini cane but never responded to it. I am thinking that someone put in my number to get a text from a FB quiz or something! I do not do those quizzes nor care to! Now US Cellular states that they will do nothing except remove one $9.99 charge.

I have legal services available to me and I am going to have my attorney get involved as well as contacting the FCC and FTC. The address in Pompano Beach is where we are starting!

I am so sick of people not living the honest way and scamming people out of money!

• La
      18th of Oct, 2009

Same thing. I got to their website through Facebook commercial "Where Is Your Girlfriend", which connect you to a website and lets you to input your phone number and search three phone numbers. I have never even finished it and opted-out after I realized it's some kind of paid service (never mentions it and seems like free service) and am afraid there will be charge on my phone bill as well :(

21st of Oct, 2009

i agree They have been charging me even after i texted stop heck i even saved the text saying i will no longer be charge and they finally stop but now there charging my moms phone so they need to be stop...

• Be
      30th of Dec, 2009

Agreed 100% i was charged twice for 9.99 text alert that i did not subscribe to as well.

• Jb
      5th of Feb, 2010
    Too Lazy Text Alert - unwanted too lazy text alerts
    Virginia

being charged by verizon for too lazy text alerts, something i didnt sign up for . I stopped the service by texting stop 4701 . two months later im billed again. had to then block it through verizon

• Wv
      27th of Mar, 2010

I just got my AT&T bill today! $9.99 for some "IQ" questions that I thought was some innocent activity on the computer. I will follow that link to the FCC and complain also. Personally, I'd like to run into the [censored] who runs that company. I'd be on my way BACK to prison if I did. Yep, I'm one pissed off Ex-con.

7th of Jun, 2010

I work for an interent compnay and so am aware of internet agreements. At any rete these [censor] have been charging me since Jan 2009. I just had Verizon block them and stop the charges. I had been receiving text's once a month from them and 3 times I followed their instructions to stop all to no avail. So I called Verizon and found out I was being charged!! If someine files a class action lawsuit please add my name to the list. I've sent emails asking for a refund and they do not respond.