Too Lazy / Charges for unsolicited text services

Phone: 8005101468

I received 3 charges of $9.99 on my cellular bill from this company, as well as 3 other charges of the same amount from Mobile Messaging ([protected]) and My Quiz ([protected]). They get your number from the IQ quiz, then start sending messages. You'll be charged even if you don't open the message. Verizon will not remove the charges, but I understand AT&T will.
I contacted Mobile Messaging who agreed to send me a refund check within 10 business days. I have unsubscribed, not been able to speak with anyone at Too Lazy (mailbox is full) and have not been successful in emailing them. I am filing a complaint with the state attorney general. I would appreciate any information you can provide about putting a stop to this scam. The My Quiz pop ups are very prevalent.

More Too Lazy Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Br
      28th of May, 2009
    Too Lazy - Unauthorized charge
    Beaumont
    Texas
    Phone: 409-893-5010

This product/service charged $9.99 to my wife's cell phone. She sent stop before charges and was still charged.

• Xe
      28th of Aug, 2009

Unfortunately only some wireless companies will remove those charges, and it's usually not in it's entirety ... they may get rid of one or two charges for you. It's because they can't control these messages from third party companies and don't take responsibility for them.

Also, I don't know if there's anyway to stop these scams. There's so many out there now, and even if one shuts down there's still thousands of other sites doing the same thing. It's so sad that given the new technology out there, we have to deal with all this crap and scamming.

• Mo
      17th of Sep, 2009

We at Mobile Messenger would like to assist you with your concern or complaint. If you need assistance in regards to being unsubscribed or other related issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please call 866-390-6184 Monday to Friday 0600 – 1800 US Pacific Time or email blog@sms-helpdesk.com

Sandra
    MOBILE MESSENGER

• Fe
      18th of Nov, 2009
    Too Lazy - Charges on Mobile Phone
    6044 Wiggins Mill Road
    Lucama
    North Carolina

Charges on Cell Phone Bill from Too Lazy cannot leave a message to discontinue this on phone. Also cannot seem to get a refund,

The phone company should not allow them to charge you for this when you have not requested this to be added to you phone bill each month. Impossible to get a refund.

• Ha
      8th of Oct, 2010

Hi Everyone,

Called the 8004166129 number. The automatic answering service put me on hold for 20 minutes. Then, they said they were closed...yea right. So, it gave me a website to unsubscribe.

Here's the website to unsubscribe: http://mobilecontentcustomercare.com/index.php

Good luck!