Toni Colyer mjdincsigntheplate.com / Personal Assistant Needed

1 Portland OR, United States Review updated:

This "Toni Colyer" is a scam. I applied to an ad on Craigslist for a Personal Assistant. He responded to me with a very long, impersonal email on the same day I applied. The email is below, along with all its spelling mistakes. Do not fall for this:
Hello,
Hope you're having a pleasant day today You contacted me applying for the Job position which I advertised on Craigslist. Please take time and read this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions on.

My profile briefly:
I'm Toni Colyer, 49, and a father of 3 wonderful kids, a successful entrepreneur and investor, a member of the B2B Networking Group . I'm also a research journalist and I travel every now and then within and outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I need someone who can help keep up to date with all of my activities especially when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule.

I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has to moved on with her personal life and this have affected me in a way. I found her previously on the craigslist website and I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been. Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All
correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. The position is part time and home-based meaning you can work direct from your Home office as long as you have a regular internet access.

Most of your activities will be carried out locally and most official packages will be delivered via posts. You will be actively involved in my personal, business and financial life. In summary, your activities as my assistant amongst other things will include;
* Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence;
* Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring;
* Organizing and maintaining diaries, memos and making appointments;
* Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post;
* Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
* A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them as they come up;
* Arranging travel and accommodation
* Carrying out specific projects and research;
* Taking on some of the my responsibilities and working more closely with management and other staff related to me;
* Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
* Handling and monitoring financial activities.
* Processing and taking charge of weekly payments and purchases.
* You will also be a part of my household and a helping hand to issues as they arise.
* General clerical activities.
* No expenses from you ( I'll pay all taxes & charges for any expenses )

But note : You will be hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see how well we fit in, however does not affect your weekly wage. Your Basic wage is $550 a week.

Any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc) incurred by you while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the end of each working week.

This position is very flexible and it is difficult judging the exact number of hours you will be doing, just bear it in mind that there will be busier weeks than others with a steady pay. Working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust,
dedication and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I'm currently in Thailand on a business trip, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with immediately, prior to my arrival.

Due to the excessive number of responses to my Ad, do provide the following details about yourself for my personal record update and to filter applicants;

Full Names :
Home Phone Number :
Cell Phone Number :
Occupation (if any) :
Age (optional ):

I hope you can be available for me immediately before I arrive, it certainly can act as a stable foundation to our impending working relationship.

Hope to hear from you again.
Regards
Toni Colyer

Comments

• Am
      30th of Dec, 2010

so he "hired" me then as my first assignment sent me a check for 2670 that I was to cash and send 2000 of it to an "orphanage".

guess what! i went and had it checked (because i mean come on, an orphanage? what is the least bad sounding place to send money? that was what really proved to me it was ###) THE CHECK WAS COUNTERFEIT

he went through a lot of work for 2000 bucks, emailing me in detail about my new position as he p.a.
    but he really is in thailand because the time sent stamp on his emails shows the time here and the time it is where he is sending it from, it shows -8 hours.
    he wanting me to send it to a juan ganz in burien, washington by money order. its weird because this juan ganz actually exists... looked him up

i would have cashed it in my name, sent the 2000 to juan, then later when the bank realized it was fake i wouldve been charged for the 2670 dollars i took that never actually existed

• Am
      30th of Dec, 2010

here is the email he sent ...

Hello Amanda Ann Canutt,
    How are you doing today? I hope you are having a great time. I am pleased to inform you that the funds for the orphanage has been sent and you will be getting it any moment from now ( today or tomorrow ) via USPS courier service. The payment was sent to your home address, so ensure you stay at home so you can sign for the delivery of the package and proceed with your first assignment.

However, I contacted the orphanage home and I was given the list of the items needed, The items are much and it will cost alot of money to get them shipped, so we have reached an accord. They will be getting the items themselves, all you need do is simpley, Deposit check payment in your bank account for clearance process ( which i hope the funds will be available / credited in your bank account within the next 12-24hours after deposited. )

Once you get the funds cashed, Deduct $550 as your wages for the week plus extra $100 which I will tell you what to do with it later, and then you have the remaining funds sent via western union money transfer to the orphanage home using the following information

Below is the Orphanage Western Union information to send the funds..

RECEIVER'S NAME : Juan Ganz
    City : Burien
    State : Washington
    zip code : 98166

when sending the funds, ensure you send it using the money in minute option, Kindly go ahead with the task and get back to me with the following information after when you must have complete the transfer today.

1.. Money Transfer control Number ( 10 digit MTCN # )
    2.. Total Amount sent,
    3.. Sender's Name and Address
    4.. A scan copy of the receipt

I will be waiting to read back from you asap and i also have some other assignment for you to be done during this week & next week.I want you to be rest assured that I'll never stress you at all in any assignment given to you and i promise to pay your fee weekly as we both agreed.

Take good care of yourself and have a blessed day.

Kindly get back to me Asap.
    Thanks,
    Toni

• Mo
      11th of Nov, 2011

We received a inquiry for a vacation rental listed on HomeAway that was from Prince Mustafa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan. His email was princemustafabinzayed@theplate.com and when I googled theplate.com, this complaint came up. Apparently, this was another attempt at scamming innocent people via a different means.