Tom Long Associates, Inc. / Stay away from this contractor!

Tom Long associates, Inc. Tom Long, the owner, began a concrete job which entailed that he repair my patio steps in the back of my residence. He assured me that the job which began in early December of 2006 would be completed before Christmas. On the first day of the job he sent a crew member over and instead of demolishing the steps as we agreed upon the guy was trying top patch it up. I informed the guy of our contract which involved the removal of the old steps and the installation of new steps. He then proceeded to follow the contract. However after the steps were poured and I paid him half of what was due, which was about two weeks before Christmas, I could never get ahold of him. When I did in the Spring he offered bogus excuses and after being told that the job would be completed in several days and his crew failing to show up several times without even a phone call, I told him to forget about the job. He was not a good contractor and if I hadn't been around on several occasions I would've definitely received inferior work for what the contract called for.

Comments

• To
      2nd of Jul, 2010

This is not true and you shouldnt put something like this on the internet . You never contacted me to resolve the problem . When we told you the job would requier more work you disagreed and thats where the problem started . We still finished your job and never was paid the balance . I have made countless efforts to contact this site and no reply . This site never contacted me or told me of the problem wicth I was already aware of and tried to correct . I have thousands of customers that will say I take care of my buiness and resolve any problems . You still owe me the money and you can keep it along with this website

• Ar
      19th of Nov, 2012

This review was posted by a competitor. It is completely fictitious and fraudulent. Tom Long has been a member of the community for years. All of his work is done on time and to speck. I have personally used his company for many projects and would highly recommend.

Art Vann

• Mi
      12th of Dec, 2012

He is very irresponsible. Don't hire him.