TodaysEscapes / unauthorized charges to bank

1 300 n Kennedy DrBradley, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 815 9336624

I do not know what this company is.
It has been charging 16.95 to my
bank checking account for 3 months.

Comments

Va
  18th of Aug, 2008

Received two charges on Visa statement, 7/28/2008 for $16.95 and 8/14/2008 for $16.95. The name on the account was not either my wife or my name and we have no one else living with us. The best we can conclude is while my wife was in the hospital being treated for a bi-polar condition she somehow made a call and requested information about a health product, for the information from the health product company had the same wrong first name. The health product company canceled her request, but evidently handed the wrong name and her Visa account number along to todaysescapes and the charges started. We have e-mail requested a full refund and a cease and desist on any further fraudulent charges.

Ch
  14th of Oct, 2008

I have been charged an initial amount of $1.00 and several subsequent $19.95. I have no idea how Todaysescapes got authorization to charge these amounts. I have no idea what their goods or services are. I told them that I needed a refund of my money and was told that they would need to send a form for me to complete and return to them before this could be done. They, in the meantime, have the use of your money that you will be required to pay interest on. Why aren't these people locked up for these unlawful acts. Does anybody know which company these scammers are connected to?

Ca
  9th of Dec, 2008
TodaysEscapes - No satisfaction
Virginia

I had never heard of this business until I had to deal with them in dispute. I went on the internet to find out who they were. This was a membership to save me money on travel. When I contacted this vendor by phone I was told that I had purchased membership from a TV ad. Not true. I would have remembered. I barely go anywhere. I have no need of these services that I alledgedly signed up for. I received no release from the 5 x $19.95 charges that appeared on my statements since 7/30/2008 except for the last charge made and the assurance that my membership would be canceled. This did not make me happy. I spoke with a supervisor and this did not change. Requesting to speak with a higher supervisor, I was told to write to their corporate headquarters Compliance Department. How does this happen? How can I prevent it from happening again. This has taken a lot of time to rectify. I don't have the time and it may cost me $80.00 in the end. I have nothing to show for it. I want others to know so they can look out before it happens to them.

Sa
  30th of Dec, 2008
TodaysEscapes - charge from folks I don't even know
Sandra Garrett(Me)
Texas
Phone: 361-937-0789

Dear Folks :
I am complaining about this company as I have no idea who they are or where they got my name.This company appeared on my after Christmas bank statement. I have no idea who these people are or how they got my name but I am truly upset. I am sick and tired of folks who do this sort of thing as my husband gets upset and that upsets me. It is like the Dermitage company. I had ordered a trial from that company and all of a sudden within a week I had three packages from them and a bill for 89.95. even after I called and cancelled the order. These folks need to be stopped.
Now I have to dig and search for these companies and cannot even find a number to call online. Online fraud is getting ridiculous.
I am so tired of it. Is there anything we can do about it?
Sincerely
Sandra Garrett

Fr
  3rd of May, 2009

I was charged $16.95 on 3/09/09 and $16.95 on 3/17/09 without my permission or knowledge.

Jo
  9th of Jun, 2009

I have no idea where these charges came from however when I call the 800 number to stop them it is impossible to get a live person and if you follow the prompter the numbers that you are told to put in aren't what is read back to you --- so that there is no way you are going to be satified with the results of the phone call!!! I have tried calling for many months to have the $23.95 taken off my bill and cannot get through!!

Pa
  7th of Feb, 2011
TodaysEscapes - charge from folks I don't even know
TODATSESCAPES

I was charged $19.95 on my credit union statement for " Todays Escapes", which I do not know who the company or individual is.

As
  13th of Jan, 2012

They charge me twice a month during 4 months for $24. Stop this scam!