Todays Options of Pyramid Life Ins. / Premium deductions!

1 Kingman, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 928-757-4836

This is my 2nd complaint on the internet about this problem. It has been 9(nine) months of this ongoing problem. I have been disenrolled with this Company (TODAYS OPTIONS) since August, 2007, yet they are still deducting premiums. Don't you think enough is enough??? I finally have resorted to my local newspaper for some kind of help. I have put in 5 (five) complaints with Medicare, etc. etc...

The representatives constantly want me to give them some kind of documentation to prove that S.S. is still making the deductions, yet they will not give me not one bit of acknowledgment of my numerous phone calls. That goes for all the people that I have spoken too about my problem. The names alone would be overwhelming to type out.

They refuse to let me speak with someone in their billing/disenrollment Dept. Said it is all done inter-office memos. That is a joke because they have DROPPED THE BALL BIG-TIME on my problem. They now owe me again $196.00 which pertains to the last four months. They reimbursed me for the previous 5 months. That shows you the stupidity of this all.

Where else can I turn too to get this situation rectified???

A very disgruntled customer...

Comments

20th of May, 2008

I cancelled the policy with this company with in 12 hours of signing up with them. It has taken them over three months., after telling medicare that I had their policy, which I did not have it was cancelled. Due to this mess with this company I am with out insurance, medicare will not pay for my health care with out some type of letter from them stating that I have cancelled with them. I have requested this letter about 15 times each time they tell me It will be mailed that same day. I still have not recieved anything from them and neither has medicare. I have billl in excess of $500.00 owing, I have been threaten with them being sent to a collection agency. I again contacted them Monday May 19, 2008 and Again was told they will mail the letter to medicare and also to me. Today Tues May 20, 2008, I contacted their home office for help. I will never do any business with this company again. I am suppose to9 have surgery, but can not due to the fact with their mess up I have no insurance. They just give you a run around. I plan on talking with an attorney to see what I can do about this company.

• El
      27th of Oct, 2008

I WANT INFORMATION ON YOU INSURANCE FOR MY MOTHER WHO IS 74 YEARS OLD.

• Vi
      17th of Jun, 2009

We need to here about all these bad companys!!!

• Al
      1st of Sep, 2009

Please explain to me why one month my premium is $34.84 and the next month $35.40. This is very confusing when I try to keep up with my automatic withdrawals. Thank you.

• Al
      1st of Sep, 2009

Same as above.

• Pa
      16th of Sep, 2009

I can't decide whether the employees are dishonest or just plain stupid. I had signed up for a medicare advantage plan with them for 2007 and opted to have deductions taken from my Social Security. In June of 1998 I received a rather rude letter from Pyramid saying that this had not been done so I owed them for May through December 2007. I started paying monthly but noticed in November 2008 that they showed the wrong balance remaining. I called Customer Service on 3 separate occasions and was told that in fact they owed me $100.04 and they would get it taken care of. I am still waiting for a check. Meanwhile I continue to get a bill every month - marked Balance due as of November 2008 d espite the fact I have sent two more payments since then. I filed a grievance with them in April 2009 and was told I would here something in 30 days or so. I still have not heard from anyone. I got the name of the person who was supposed to be handling my complaint and have left three messages for him plus two for his supervisor but have heard nothing. As of today his extension does not even ring. Medicare siad they were sorry they couldnot help as it is a private insurance company even though they offer a Medicare Advatage plan. Anyone out there know how to contact their CEO? Only thing I am happy about is that I switched to a different company for 2008 - Advantra Freedom from Coventry Healthcare. They have been great.

• Si
      15th of Sep, 2010

Today's Options/pyramid life---they should be called Madoff Health care. They are a scam and their employees are [censor]s. Joined in 1/09--quote was $113 a month-----asked for auto withdrawal from SS. Get the first bill saying Medicare refused the auto transfer---and claimed the premium was $153. When we inquired they handed us some BS---and we let it slide. 4 bills later they wanted another $10 per month because they claimed they never got notice about previous existing drug coverage. Calls to the company referred us to SS---SS said they contracted out claim disputes to a private company. Round and round we went to no avail. Was going to cancel November 2009, company shill called and said "Oh good news the rate was dropping to $86 a month"====We stayed. Got the Bill---now $203 a month. We;ve tried over 12 times to straight this out, the billing call center uses Americans, the original enrolling agents are Americans. Customer service, member services---all supervisors, it would seem, and complaint resolution people are off shore. Enrollment knows nothing about incorrectt billing---customer service {isn't any service at all} and knows nothing about billing or enrollment---and resolution department is yet to send a rebuttal to the billing issues.
    Health care in the US is costly NOT because the medicine, equipment and practicianers are skilled and therefore pricey---BUT because there are at least three or four layers of administration to deal with--all wanting a cut of the scam---I mean action----average adminstrative cost per layer---at least 25%. Medicare/Medicaid/Tricare---one layer with a cost of no more than 4%.
    I know many of you out there are just plain stupid---continually voting against your economic self interests. I.E. anyone who votes Republican/Teabagger and listens to Fox News. Geez people wake up and paay attention

• Fo
      11th of Jan, 2011

I also am having great with this conpany and response to my problem which at this tme is my membership ..medicare says I
    am a member ans so does Todays Option. then when I get to the pharmacy they say no you are not. Trying to get a remburst is impossable. They send you a form that says if out of state ect. On it goes I am not going to send this to my state insur. board and Attorney Generals office to get it taken care of

• Me
      16th of Dec, 2012

I had the misfortune of representing this garbage company for a short person of time. I'm a 25 year industry. veteran. My suggestion is ---- get something else! I don't believe the company is going to stay in business.