Todays Escapes / Unauthorized billing!

1 P.O. Box 5152Des Plaines, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-8206329

I noticed a charge for $19.95 on my debit card bill from this company called Todays Escapes. I had never heard of them. I tried to call their 1-800# several times and was left on endless hold by an automated system. I searched the website and found them there. They are some kind of travel service. I have never heard of them and did not authorize any kind of membership. I got my membership # from the automated line and canceled it immediately via the automated system and via their website.

Va

Comments

• Cd
      24th of Apr, 2008

My credit card was charged $169.78 by todaysescape. After calling them I was told they were given my information by Improvements catalog because i had consented to joining the buyers club. After talking to Improvements catalog (who were very helpful) they were going to forward my complaint to their corporate office. Todaysescape did say they would credit me the amount charged. The most disturbing part of this whole mess was that I hadnt placed an order with improvements since Jan 07 and NO ONE could give me an answer as to how todaysescape got my credit card number. I immediately called my credit card company to report an outright fraudulent charge, and had them issue me a new credit card number. I will think twice before ever ordering over the internet again!!!

• Ro
      18th of Jun, 2008

I have only had a charge of $19.95 from them but I have also been charged the same amount by WC-Homeplay and WC Value Plus-V. I did get to talk to someone from the other 2 companies but they are scams and still charging my card after I called and told them I was the so called membership cancelled.

• Ju
      3rd of Aug, 2008

Now this pisses me off . Someone has figured out how to get credit card information and by taking out small amounts of money out of accounts that the victoms will not complain because the loss is small. Well ###, I think its about time that we have a class action lawsuit, anyone with me? Thanks Jay

• Ty
      16th of Sep, 2008

I was billed 29.95 from these guys today and have never heard of them till now!

• Ro
      18th of Jan, 2009
    Todays Escapes - 2PAYMENTS IN ONE MONTH
    Farmington
    New York
    Phone: 585-203-7551

I TRIED THIS, IT WAS NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD AND THEY TOOK TWO MONTHS MEMBERSHIP IN ONE MONTH. IAM
    TRYING TO CANCEL, NOTHING YET. I NEED 1 MONTH BACK, KEEP ONE, RETURN ONE.IAM CONTACTING THE NY
    STATE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE.

• Jl
      14th of Apr, 2009
    Todays Escapes - was scammed
    judi morey
    Auburn
    Washington

i gave my bankcard information and when i tried to cancel membership found it utterly impossible. so they just keep on billing my card.

• Ta
      16th of Apr, 2009

Same thing, who the hell are these people?

• Ar
      24th of Apr, 2009

We just got charged by these people today and we never signed up for a thing. I'm afraid simply calling in and cancelling won't even help. Will probably have to change our credit card number completely.

• Je
      25th of May, 2009

Just got a 19.95 debit by Today's Escape from my checking account. I have never heard of them, nor did I ever authorize this charge. I found this site thru google. Another website lists them also as being fraudulent. I will call my bank in the morning. Can't afford this! I hope someone finds out who they are and puts them in jail!

• Cs
      25th of May, 2009

I GUESS I AM GOING TO HAVE TO CANCEL MY CARD AND GET A NEW NUMBER...WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE? 19.95 WAS DEBITED FROM MY ACCOUNT TODAY...I AM SO MAD I COULD SPIT!! I TRIED TO CALL...THE AUTOMATED VOICE SAID MY PHONE NUMBER WAS NOT CORRECT...ON LINE, I EMAILED THEM AND THEY SAID MY EMAIL ADDY WAS WRONG...THATS BECAUSE THEY NEVER GOT THIS INFO FROM ME TO KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDY...I SENT TWO VERY DEMANDING EMAILS TO THEM...DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO...I DO NOT KNOW OF A MEMBERSHIP I.D. THAT I HAVE WITH THEM...HELP, SOMEBODY!!! C.S.

• Fr
      13th of Jul, 2009

We have also been scamed. After reviewing our bank account, we discoverd Todays Escapes & Passport 2 Fun had charged us $19.95 each per month. I called them. They also did not have our phone number or email. I told them I wanted a refund. The operator said no problem. She could not give me a transaction #. She did say her name was Kathy and gave me her o;perator #. I contacted our bank and filed a fraud report and then cancelled our cards.
    We find these types of fraudulent charges are becoming very common.
    Another company to very very careful with is Shearcover. They automatically charged us $190.00 with out our consent. We also turned them into our bank for fraud. They returned 179.00. It's up to the bank now to collect the rest.
    My Suggestion To all is to report bankcard fraud and let the bank investigators take care of it. Since they will tell you that they will cancell your card. I suggest that you ask for a second card with a differnt # before this happens to you . Don't use this card for anything keep it in a safe place until needed
    We are thinking of ordering everthing C.O.D. from now on.
    Another scam to watch out for is when charging your meals. Do not hand anybody a card with the security code intact. We always sign our cards SEE I. D.
    Fred fdbrandt@hotmail.com

• Jm
      3rd of Oct, 2009

I do not wish to be a part of this scam and have never agreed to do so .
    please remove us from your list. ID #434271941

2nd of Jul, 2010

NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD NUMBER OVER THE PHONE OR OVER THE COMPUTER EVEN IF YOU BELIEVE IT TO BE SAFE. ALSO DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ONLINE. ONLY DO SO OVER THE PHONE IF YOU CONTACT THEM AND YOU KNOW FOR ABSOLUTE SURE WHOEVER YOU ARE SPEAKING WITH IS LEGITIMATE. IF YOU MUST ORDER ON LINE OR OVER THE PHONE DO SO WITH A PRE-PURCHASED VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS, OR MASTERCARD GIFT CARD. THESE ARE IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SO THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO STEAL LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY FROM YOU IF THEY ARE A FRAUDULENT COMPANY. IF THEY INSIST ON ONLY USING A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD SOMETHING IS UP AND THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO SCAM YOU. ESPECIALLY WATCH OUT FOR THIS!!!

• Ti
      11th of Jul, 2010

We have just been scammed by TodaysEscape as well. My hus band never ever gave out his debt card number to these people and some how they got a hold of it. Will be calling our bank first thing in the morning to report this fraud. Help us to find a way and stop these people.

• Co
      22nd of Sep, 2010

Todays Escape is a scam just hit my bank accnt. $19.95.

• Co
      22nd of Sep, 2010

Todays Escape just hit me for $19.95. Class action lawsuit is in need, this is [censor]

• Je
      29th of Sep, 2010

O.K. so back in January my husband and I bought somsething off some infomercial on T.V. We were offered a $50 gift card for Wal-Mart for signing up with these Todays Escapes scammers. We were told as soon as the order was recieved to call and activate the account and we had 30 days from that point to cancel. If we canceled within the 30 days our account would not be charged. Well i canceled within 10 days. These people have been charging my account $19.95 every month coming to a total of $179.95!!! I am LIVID. their phone # is 888-243-6178 their main office is out of Omaha Nebraska. I suggest EVERYONE calls this number, ask to speak to the supervisor in charge. I was told they have to submit a request for approval. I will be calling them EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

• Fo
      3rd of Oct, 2010

@ JENN LOVE111...Same story here (except I made the purchase in May). Did you ever receive the gift card. I was told (in May) it would be mailed within a couple of weeks even if I do cancel. Still no stinkin gift card!

• He
      26th of Nov, 2010

I have been charged a double rate for their [censor] for i dont know how long and have gotten a new card recently and dont know how they could have got my account information but I am going to my bank first thing tomorrow to report this a fraudulent charges...This is complete bull [censor] i was charged 32.95 a month for a long time

• He
      26th of Nov, 2010

SO I [censor]ING CALLED THEIR 1800 NUMBER AND THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF MY NAME OR MY CARD NUMBER BECAUSE IT IS A RELATIVELY NEW CARD BUT THE CHARGES WERE COMING FROM BEFORE I CHANGED MY CARD NUMBER SO HOW THE [censor] ARE THEY STILL BILLING ME...A LAWSUIT IS DEFINITELY IN ORDER AND IM [censor]ING PISSED. MY EMAIL IS henrybd86@me.com plz contact me if u can help or it happened to you also.