T.N.T couriers / late delivery

1 15 Cleghorn AveLanark ML11 7AZ, Scotland, Strathclyde, United Kingdom
Phone: 01555 662665.

I was to receive a delivery of an engine and other parts on the 25/09/2008. It was despatched on the 24/09/2008 for delivery on the 25/08/2008 marked express after waiting in all day I contacted T.N.T. on their help line and obtained the number of the local depot. The local depot assured me it was on the vehicle for delivery.When it hadn`t arrived by 1600hours, I contacted T.N.T who informed me the people had failed to put a palate lifter on the vehicle, I was in delivery & collection service for over 36 years. surely the driver should have stopped and informed me of the problem. I have a good view of the street and the vehicle never attempted to inform me, as I had the machanic waiting to check the consignment between the three of us we could have manhandled it off. I had to compencate the machanic for his time. Besides the number of phone calls I had to make. As I payed £60.00. for the service and did not receive the service I would suggest T.N.T. should refund all or part of the fee.