TMX magazine / renewed without approval and debited my bank account

United States Review updated:
4.3
Looked at my bank account and realized a withdrawal was made by TMX. I did not authorize a withdrawal. Found out they renewed a magazine subscription without approval and debited my account for the price of magazine. I called company which was a joke(all automated). Cancelled the subscription but no credit was made to my account. What a scam!
Sr

Comments

Ma
  17th of Sep, 2008
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME, AUTOMATED SYSTEM A JOKE, I NEVER EVEN SUBSCRIBED FOR MAGS, AS A MATTER OF FACT I NEVER RECEIVED ANY.
Tm
  17th of Jun, 2009
I had an unauthorized debit on my bank account. I am trying to locate phone number for this company to dispute charge.
Alisha Thurston
So
  28th of Jul, 2009
I ordered magazines through them in 2008 and they've taken out 5 charges since then, the charges started out small and I called and if you press 0 a ton of times you'll get sent through to a customer service agent. They said "we sent you a renewal postcard, we have to by law." They've charged my account 5 times and not once have I ever received a card asking if I wanted to renew or not. Someone needs to sue them. Maybe then they would actually send out the renewal cards. Or maybe they could just be shut down. They're a worthless company who are just stealing money from people. They're thieves. They caused us 5 over draft charges and they told me to send a bank statement in and they'd "take a look at them" to see if it was caused by them. Thankfully my bank is a good one and has a dispute forum and will refund all the charges once everything posts. We're moving in 2 days and then stupid TMX says "Oh you'll have your money back in 72 hours." That's 3 days, I'm moving in 2 how is that going to help me? It's not. I have movers coming in 2 days. They are worthless thieves of a company and no matter how cheap their mag deal is, don't buy them. It's not worth it. The headaches they cause for literally years after makes it definitely not worth it.
Jm
  3rd of Dec, 2013
Same deal, I used my airline rewards points to get some magazine subscriptions before the points expired. They must have transferred on to TMX because then I saw charges on my credit card for magazine renewals. I never authorized this, but I cancelled one of the subscriptions and didn't get a credit. Their website is pretty useless. I'm not making a bigger deal of this because it wasn't that much money and the card expires next month so they can't charge it again. I notice more and more companies, even ones I've signed up with, that will automatically bill my credit card with no notification at all. Ancestry.com and Christian Mingle.com did it and I just had to lose out on the money. Lumosity and Jib Jab would have if I hadn't changed my account settings. I think it's completely wrong for companies to automatically bill customers when automatic bill pay was not scheduled and no notification given to the customer.