TM Net / Ridiculous Charges just to Continue Streamyx Subsciption

1 Malaysia Review updated:

I had purchased a HP PC bundled Streamyx program package 2 years ago. I knew that my subscription for the streamyx line will be expired sometime in April 2009. So, I went to TM Point at Bayan Lepas Branch, Penang to check if there are any charges to change the plan to continue using streamyx since it is going to expire. Your official told me no extra charges occurred. With the answer, on 27th Mar 2009 I then went to your Burma Road Penang main branch to double confirm whether I need to pay any fees to continue the streamyx rm88 plan. The officer there gives me the same answer and I then filled the form to apply for New Streamyx Basic 1.0M w/o modem RM88 to continue to subscribe my streamyx.
After weeks, I received TM April bill. It stated Yuran Langganan Streamyx is
RM311.90. how can it be? So, on 4th May 2009, I called up your call center at 100 to check for the details of charges. The operator checked and told me these charges is due to the contract of HP PC Bundle streamyx package has not yet due, going to due only on May 2009. So, TM is charging me RM99 plus other subscription charges. I was shocked and cannot accept this ridiculous answer. If I can use for another month until May, why am I so hesitate to apply to continue the Streamyx? In addition, I had checked more then once before I make the application and the application is make in your Penang Main Branch which should have same policy with other branches. The ridiculous things is that the operator told me they will need time to investigate the case may be 2~3 months and asked me to paid the total amount first. Really sucks TM Net..

More TM Net Complaints & Reviews

Comments

14th of Apr, 2010

Agreed. TM Net Malaysia Suckx...!! Lousy service with "tortoise speed" !

• Bh
      5th of May, 2010

I subscribed to the RM60 package after learning of an offer which doesn't require me to pay the activation + installation fee = (RM163) [of cause, after P1 WiMAX emerged as the strongest competitor of Streamyx]. I was also told that I only need to pay RM60 and only RM60, no extra charge. Unfortunately, I was charged an addition of RM110 as 'subscription fee' and this blows me up... Really, seriously angry!!! I never knew there is this ### called 'subscription fee' and it is never stated in any paper. And still, I had asked them, before subscribing to Streamyx, on whether I will be charged additionally or not, even though it was clearly printed on the leaflet and was also clearly told that there will be no additional charge and the answer is "guaranteed, no".

• Tk
      25th of Apr, 2011

I heard that Korean is using 8GB broadband at the cost of RM75 per month, Singapore also adopted 8GB for the users. Whereas 1 Malaysia 1TM point on the track of backward offering "narrowband" (512kbp, 1mb, 2 mbp or 10mbp) of tortoise speed instead of high speed broadband. And yet always have your line get disconnected. Although when u called up to the customer care they will always get you to check on your connector, splitter, cable, and so on...and lastly problems always arise from their server with customer's line disconnected. Another 9 years to go for BN's wawasan 2020, TM is still at a tortoise pace to upgrade the hardware and yet provide an outdated package to the Malaysia Users.