TLG loans / admin fee

1 England, Cornwall, United Kingdom Review updated:

You took an admin fee of 49.99 from me yet you have not given me a loan. In fact I have heard nothing from you I would not
have let you take this money had I known it would be for nothing.

Sarah Smith.

Sa

Comments

• We
      24th of Feb, 2009

Hi Sarah
    have you found any useful information?I was debited £99.99 from TLG for a loan as well.They have not helped me at all.The took my details to see if my account was active.What a lie

• De
      25th of Feb, 2009

Hi Sarah and Wesley. This complaint about TLG loans has already been submitted and they did the same to me. The complaint that has already been made has been replied to by at least 20 something people. I had money take out a few days ago by this company and I never even authorized this. It looks as though it's a big scam and people are complaining by the day. If you type in TLG loans in google you will find 2 results for this complaints board. The second one has loads of comments from other people who the same thing have happened to. Hope this is useful to you.

• Na
      25th of Feb, 2009

HOW STUPID AM I????less then 39 mins ago i just had a convo with a THOMAS, who assured me they wanted details just to verify the account and i idiotically gave them my card details, i rang barclays afterwards within 2 mins and he said that 7 MINS before, so as i was talkin to him and listening to him assure me it would be taken out f my loan amount!!, was stealing £99.50p out of my bloody account!! im furious how the hell they get away with this huh?ive called police and am now going to contact trading standards..there needs to be an investigation into this company and may the woman who called me from tlg and the guy(underwriter who sounded foreign)have a good nights sleep because what goes around comes around!! im so angry that i was stupid enough to fall for this but they rang me and had ALL my details so they are obviously looking somewhere etc!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

nat

25th of Feb, 2009

SCAM! The Loan Supermarket/The Lending Group SCAM!

AKA: CARTER AND CARTER

I had £99.99 taken from my bank account.
    If anybody has applied for a loan through this company. You have probably had from £39.99 - £349.99 taken out of your bank account for a one off 'administration fee'.

All the people they 'rob' off are asked to give their bank details - long digit on your card number and your 3 digit security code. You are told this is for 'security' OR 'validation/verification'

After giving these details - which most people do not question to give out - which is understanding - as the websites of the company look legitimate and very professional. You are then told there is an administration fee ranging from £49.99 to £149.99 which they take off you as soon as you put the phone down. I do not know how they work out how much your 'application' will cost to process but the most they can get the better. (Commision based) - even if you change your mind after giving details of your account or you want to have a think about the loan you have applied for. They will STILL take your money.

They send you NO paperwork
    If your loan has been declined you are told you are entitled to your money back. And you have an every right as it is your money.
    No matter how many letters you send or phone calls you make you will never get your money back. The people on the phones are not there to help you but to simply make money out of you and others.

This is theift and it needs to be stopped. Thousands of people are getting robbed and 'fobbed off' when they try and do something about it.

STOP wasting your time and money on phone calls and letters and go to BBC's watchdog, consumer direct, police.

WAYS TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK

Another option may be to approach your bank. They may be able to do an IMDEMNITY CLAIM and refund your money, then their retail fraud team would investigate and claim the money back from the company.

Their is ALOT of negative feedback on the internet about theloansupermarket many people have contacted watchdog, and from what I've read there has been interest from the BBC to investigate what is going on here. If enough people do this maybe it will push them to take action...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/ ...just click on the 'Got a Story' link to tell them what has happened to you.

The Office of Fair Trading also has a tool to uncover scams...https://secure.consumerdirect.gov .uk...follow this link and tell them your story.

the more people that do this SOMETHING WILL BE DONE.

25th of Feb, 2009

does anyone actually have an adress for TLG loans?

sarah

• So

TLG Loans,
    They have taken 150 pounds fee but they have not given me a loan? why

Mr Sonda Mvula

Am i to contact watch dog for this?

YES DO NOT HESITATE
    WATCHDOG NEED MORE PEOPLE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

4th of Mar, 2009

I JUST BEEN 2 THE BANK AND TLG HAVE TAKEN 49.99 OUT OFF MY ACCOUNT WITH OUT MY PERMISSON I AM MAD AS HELL WHO DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE HOW DO THEY SLEEP AT NITE

17th of Mar, 2009

OK GUYS, WE ALL NEED TO TAKE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR AND RELAX!

THIS IS FIXABLE. I AGREE THAT THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY FOR THEM TO GO ABOUT IT.

OVER A WEEK AGO TLG LOANS HAD WITHDRAWN £49.99 FROM MY ACCOUNT, OF WHICH COST ME IN TOTAL OF £79.99 AS THE BANK DECIDED TO CHARGE ME £30 FOR GOING OVER MY ACCOUNT LIMIT. THE PAYMENT TO TLG LOANS WAS NOT AUTHORISED BY ME SO AS ALL OF YOU I WAS FUMING, BUT REALISED I COULD EITHER CONTACT THE POLICE AND FILE A CASE FOR FRAUD (WHICH IT IS) OR I COULD READ MORE ABOUT IT AND SEE WHAT I COULD DO MYSELF.

THAT CHARGE BY THE BANK IS NOT REFUNDABLE BUT I HAVE CONTACTED A NUMBER GIVEN TO ME AND I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY MONEY BACK.

I MAY HAVE A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.

AS SOON AS I HAVE MY MONEY REFUNDED TO ME I WILL BE IN TOUCH TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THE PROCEDURE. AS IF THEY GET TOO MANY COMPLAINTS IN ONE GO THEY MAY CANCEL MY REFUND!

I WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH ALL CONCERNED WITH THIS LOAN COMPANY ASAP!

17th of Mar, 2009

for all concerned with this case please contact me on

x_simzy_x@hotmail.co.uk

I AM CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY MONEY BACK AND CAN HELP YOU ALL WITH GETTING YOURS BACK.

PLEASE REMEMBER, I AM LIKE ALL OF YOU AND HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF FRAUD, SO ANY RUDENESS BY ANYONE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

AS I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU ALL GET YOUR MONEY BACK (IF I CAN GET MINE BACK TOO I WILL RECOMMEND THIS)

THANKS.

17th of Mar, 2009

JUST AN UPDATE. I HAVE JUST LEFT 2 MSG'S ABOVE STATING THAT IT IS FIXABLE...

I THINK THIS IS REFUNDABLE.

I HAVE NOT YET GOT MY MONEY BACK, BUT WHAT I HAVE SOUNDS PROMISING.

I HOPE IWILL BE GETTING MY MONEY BACK.

SO DO NOT WANT TO MISLEAD PEOPLE UNTIL I ACTUALLY GET MY MONEY BACK...

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACTING ME THINKING YOU WILL DEFINATELY GET IT BACK, IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK FOR ME.

BUT I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS. AND AM NOW ABOUT TO SEND SOME DETAILS (NOT ACCOUNT DETAILS AS THEY CLEARLY ALREADY HAVE THESE) TO GET MY REFUND ... HOPEFULLY.!!

• Ir
      15th of Jun, 2009

TLG has already took my money without sending any paperwork...I've contacted my bank regarding this and they ensure that I'll get my money...Finger cross.

I think we need to report this to watchdog or trading standard...Those ### will just change their company name and ripp off somebody else.