TLG Just for Me / unauthorized charges on Chase card

1 VA, United States Review updated:

On my Chase credit card I have been charged membership fees for a service I didn't sign up for. This service was called Just for Me and it was through TLG. I was credited $129. for this years fee however, I have been charged the yearly fee since 2006. TLG told me they could not credit my card for the previous membership fees. I don't know how these people are getting away with this. Especially since it is a large sum of money they are charging each year. Please let me know what I need to do to get the previous fees removed from my Chase card.

Thanks you so much.

We

More TLG Just for Me Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• La
      2nd of Oct, 2008

Did they say how you signed up?

I too have been stung by TRILEGIANTS worthless membership programs and it was my credit card company that did it!

I was told that I cashed a check sent by credit card company and that was how I signed up - However I know for a fact I never cash those checks. IF it was your credit card company - they have a working relationship with Trilegiant and gave them your account information

• Am
      31st of Oct, 2008

I just got my Chase statement today too and have $59.99 charged to it from this organization. I too don't remember signing up for anything or agreeing to anything.

• Ga
      8th of Nov, 2008

I too have just found a charge for $129.99 on my Chase card. I will call them on Monday. I usually don't have a problem with Chase getting my money back when this kind of thing happens. We'll see this time.

• Am
      7th of Feb, 2009

They charged me $129.99 on 05/02/09 and I called them yesterday. They also told me that I cashed a check sent by them but actually I didn't receive any check because they have the wrong address. So, I know they were lying and then they changed to another reason. They said that was because I purchased a perfume online and clicked on something to accept the membership which is a big lie because I didn't buy any perfume last year. After I pointed out all their lies, they said that was because of their internal process problem and they will credit my money back.

If you are a foreigner like me (I'm an international student), don't be afraid to fight for yourself even if your English is not that good!

• La
      14th of Jun, 2010

The same thing happened to me with a unsolicited charge of $14.99 showing up on my mastercard bill. When I called I was told I cashed a promotional check of theirs and this is the fee. I know for a fact that I get these promotional checks all the time and tear them up. Never once have I cashed these checks. I will be calling my credit card company tomorrow and disputing this charge.

• Aa
      3rd of Sep, 2010

I am furious with both TLG and Chase. My 83 year old mother has been paying her Chase Mastercard on time every month even though SHE HASN'T USED IT IN A YEAR. She does not have internet on her computer, let alone would she be interested in any TLG related offers. My mother stopped using her credit card after the amount reached $1000 and planned to pay it off. She is hard of hearing even with hearing aides, and it is difficult for her to read small print even with glasses. She did not pay attention to her credit card statement and was reluctantly paying it every month. She finally told me that her card is now maxed out at $3000 and she doesn't even know why. My mom had been paying these "TLG" parasites every month believing she would get in trouble if she didn't. She lives in a rent-controlled apartment building with not a dime to spare and these people are taking her money for services she never even received, let alone signed up for. This is a sickening world. I can't even wrap my head around the fact that even after a class action lawsuit for $25 million in 2006, these people are still getting away with this. And I have just recently found out that Chase is in a relationship with TLG (formally called Trilegiant) and allows them to charge their innocent customers for absolutely nothing. I'm appalled. Someone needs to do something about this.

• El
      9th of Dec, 2010

Trilegiant Scam: YOU CAN HELP STOP IT!
    Please share your story!
    It happened to me too, and I'm take action.

Class Action Details:

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
    Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
    IdentitySecure,
    CardCops,
    PC SafetyPlus,
    and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

What can I do?

Contact Freed & Weiss immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

• Td
      3rd of Jun, 2015

Both of these companies are as crooked as they get. If you are considering a credit card, I would plead with you to stay as far away from Chase as possible. TLG, via Chase, has charged a credit card that I rarely used since 2006. I contacted Chase about it and after they told me to contact TLG. When I did so, the TLG rep. told me that I had just called them the previous month and did not mention canceling the service. This is a BOLD-FACED LIE! They were saying that I knew about the charges via this lie. I suppose Chase bought the lie because after their "Investigation, " which did not include questioning me, they decided that the charges were mine to pay and wrote me to tell me so. It appears that you don't have to know about purchases that you make with Chase. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!