Tlg Great Fun / unusual charge $11.99 since 12 months

1 RI, United States Review updated:

TLG Great Fun have been charging 11.99 since 12 months on my credit card. I called [protected] to complain about the charge. The person told that I showed interest in membership, now I wonder how I showed the interest and how they managed to recognize it...then when asked to credit back all the money they charged she asked me to fax a letter to [protected] to cancel the membership and they will consider it in 46 weeks... hah! This is how fast it takes for them to give us back our money ah hah! Someone has to take action on such companies... its not just them...

Then I called my credit card company to dispute the charge and they promised to take care of it. I was so relieved... Now I am saying to all those people who are in my situation to do the same and beware of such transactions and check your statements regularly!

Pr

Comments

• Pr
      1st of Jul, 2008

TLG Great Fun have been charging 11.99 since 12 months on my credit card. I called 1-800-290-8603 to complain about the charge. The person told that I showed interest in membership, now I wonder how I showed the interest and how they managed to recognize it...then when asked to credit back all the money they charged she asked me to fax a letter to 1-800-964-8115 to cancel the membership and they will consider it in 46 weeks...hah! This is how fast it takes for them to give us back our money ah hah! Someone has to take action on such companies...its not just them...

Then I called my credit card company to dispute the charge and they promised to take care of it. I was so relieved...Now I am saying to all those people who are in my situation to do the same and beware of such transactions and check your statements regularly!

• Kk
      27th of Jul, 2008

Great Fun did the same to me. Funny... had they not been greedy and gone for the second charge, I probably wouldn't have noticed. I have disputed both $11.99 charges with my credit card company, as well. I am relieved that they will be helping me. I am calling them on Monday also.

• Sy
      15th of Aug, 2008

TLG Great Fun exists on the deceptive practice of luring members through an invisible service. In June 2008 I purchased movie tickets through Fandango. I hadn't realized that from that point onward my bank card had been regularly charged $11.99 per month. Just today I called their 1 800 285 5903 number to request that customer service cancel my "membership"and credit me the last 4 months worth of charges. The service agent was willing to cancel the membership only after trying to sell me on additional services! Can you you believe that? I had to be connected to a manager who then agreed to credit me $47.96 in the next 10 days.

Pay attention to your online/bank statements!

• Wb
      24th of Jun, 2009

I got the same issue here. I got charged for $11.99/month for sometime since ...( I have to find out when). Then I did Google search and surprised to see all these complaints. I have to cancel my Credit (Citi Card) also because I just got a new card not too long ago but the charge was automatically transferred to my new card without my authorization. (Funny, Ha?). How can these people do this for many years? WB-California