Tlg Great Fun / survey scam!

1 06850Norwalk, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-242-7771

Dec. 27, 2007 - Received a phone call from the Fraud Debit Card Dept. of my Bank telling me that a charge of $1.00 to my checking debit account. I got the information from my bank to call these rip off scam pigs. Dealing with TLG Great Fun was everything BUT a delight. To make a long story short. I yelled, they yelled, and finally I got my way and talked to CSR Supervisor in the United States. After threatening to have my lawyer do a full investigation of this company, she said that she would refund me the $1.00 amount back to my account and cancel my so -called membership that I never signed up for. The same day I went to my bank to freeze my debit card # and have them order me a new one. I was told by my bank, that normally you would not see a charge like this on your bank statement. Thank God for Washington Mutual catching that charge on my account because I would have known I was charged.

Advice: Check out this link to see for yourself how many other companies the are affiliated with TLG Great Fun. http://greatfunonline.com/Content.aspx?SID=AC21B3ECAC354232610216d7370f092d&content=customerCenter%2fabout. WHEN MAKING PURCHASES ONLINE, PLEASE BECAREFUL! NEVER EVER CLICK ON ANY POP UP'S THAT ASK YOU TO TAKE A SURVEY FOR A PRIZE, A DISCOUNT ON TRAVEL, PRODUCTS ETC... WHEN YOU BUY ONLINE FROM A ONLINE COMPANY WHICH HAS THESE POP'S AND AFTER PURCHASING YOUR PRODUCT, THEY STEAL YOUR PERSONAL BILLING INFORMATION!! AND THEN THEY STEAL FROM YOU!

I HOPE NO ONE ELSE WILL FALL INTO THIS TRAP.

Comments

• Br
      26th of Feb, 2008

I called Wells Fargo and they were very helpful in getting the fraudulent charges reversed. After gathering the information on the monthly charges, the operator initiated a conference call with TLG. Initially, TLG agreed to reverse 2 of the 4 months of fraudulent charges, with the rest available by sending in a fax. The Wells Fargo operator asked to speak with a supervisor, and this person then agreed to reverse the remaining 2 months.

I will never use Orbitz again. Goodbye, Orbitz!

Additionally, I will find out which other companies are teaming with TLG and will boycott them as well.

Shame on TLG!

26th of Mar, 2009

that's what u stupid people get for not reading and just want to take advantage of certain amount of money. and if you ever read carefully you can see that they give you 1 month free trial and the right to cancel at any time and you can get to keepwhat ever rebate or discount that you were offered just for trying the service so yup next time you want to take advantage of something read the small words too ok stupid ppl

29th of May, 2009

@notastupidone

You're either a dummy or you're working for one of these crooked companies. Most people who get these charges have no idea how the charges came about. Many times, they never signed or clicked anything. The companies charging stuff as TLG are simply criminals. There has already been a case filed in California and the companies agreed to an injunction however they are again violating it.

If you have gotten such a charge and can't easily cancel it, I suggest cancelling the card and any associated accounts. Don't get another card or account with the bank because they will just reinstate the charge. Go to a different one.

Chase seems to be the worse offender and the subject of the most complaints. They are also the subject of the California actions.

The link for the injunction against parent company Trilegiant is: http://tinyurl.com/mlcesj

I really hate it when people make excuses or blame the victims instead of the ### gutter garbage people who perpetrate the scams, cheat and deceive, and waste everyone's time. If my current problem with Chase and these crooks isn't resolved, I am going immediately to the media, especially the Turko Files, and I will consult a lawyer about filing a case. I am tired of ripoffs like this. That's all banks like Chase need is more bad publicity.