Tlg Great Fun / charge on credit card

1 Newport Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

We have no idea why charges of $11.99 are appearing on our Bank Statement. We never noticed it until doing our taxes this year and going through our expenses. This is quite insidious. there is an 800 number that we will try to call in the morning. We appreciated finding others with this complaint on this site which is making us think that this is, in fact, something fraudulent or at the very least a misrepresentation of some kind of service. We appears that whatever it is we're being charged for was something we never intended to purchase - whatever that something might be !

Ka

Comments

11th of Nov, 2007
    Tlg Great Fun - Always read small print!
    TLG Great Fun

This will show up on your Credit Card statement...

TLG*GREATFN..... their phone number is always "closed" and this company gets you by: filling out surveys or rebates, and even through paypal you can get caught up in this scam. I suggest you have an internet credit card specifically and after it happened for a few months, you can either keep calling and disputing it, or save some hassle and close your account which is probably smarter. This sucks and I am one who has experienced it as well! Luckily I was an $11.99 victim. ALWAYS READ SMALL PRINT

30th of Nov, 2007

I also had 2 charges from tlg grtfun, neither authorized, bank is closing account per my request, wheres the law enforcement?!?

• Ca
      25th of Jan, 2008

January 08 is the 2nd month I have been charged by tlg great fun, you have to close the account you have with your bank, this stupid company has to be stopped !!!!!

• Mm
      29th of Jan, 2008
    Tlg Great Fun - The biggest scam!
    North Carolina

So i call these jokers after being charged over $150 total for this crap and some guy named Ron, who I'm sure his real name is Abu or something, tells me i signed up for a membership back in November of 2017, which is pure crap. He goes on to tell me they received a positive response from my email address confirming the membership. Again, pure crap. They promised me I'd have the full refund back on my card within 10-15 business days.

Any of you guys and girls out there NOT get your refund back after the 10-15 days...

• Ry
      19th of Feb, 2008

When I realized that my account had been illegally charged by TLG Great Fun of 35.99 plus the overdraft fee of 27.00, I immediately called their customer service department and got ahold of some guy named Bernard on the 1st who told me that they would have my money back in the bank in 10-15 business days. Fifteen days later I called and spoke with yet another person at customer service who proceeded to do nothing about it as well. I then called on the 18th to find out why they hadn't put my money back into my account and spoke with a lady by the name of Laurie Anne who put me on hold and had me there for so long that I had to hang up and call back where I got ahold of another guy named Christian at customer service who proceeded transfer me over to a supervisor by the name of Isaac. He told me that I would have my money back in the bank in 48 hours, gave me a cancellation code, and then proceeded to tell me it would be another 10-15 business days. He also gave me the review board's fax number stating that he needed a copy of the overdraft charge. He stated that there was nothing he could do about something like that because it was a 3rd party charge ... WTF? I have never heard of these people before, I still have no clue what they are or what they do, and I NEVER signed up with the ###. I have already contacted a lawyer ... I suggest that anyone else who has a problem with these ### does the same.

• Ho
      19th of Feb, 2008

Ha! When I called it went like this " Hi, My name is.....Greg" Yeah sure. Everyones having problems with them just let your credit card company know about the fraud cuz everyone keeps getting charged and nobody is seeing any money back.

• Er
      27th of Feb, 2008
    Tlg Great Fun - Charges for products/services not purchased
    League City
    Texas
    Phone: 281-557-93944

I was charged 12.99 in January on my Chase credit card and thought nothing of it, initially. When I saw another charge for the same $12.99 in February, it became apparent that I was signed up for some membership that I never signed up for. The number given on my statement is 800-290-8603 CT. While searching on the internet for TLG Great Fun, I was not able to find their web site, but I was able to see numerous complaints about TLG and read about numerous unsuccessful attampts to stop and reverse the charges. You may have already received numerous complaints about these fruadulent charges. What can I do to - at the very minimum - stop future charges?

• Mi
      26th of Mar, 2008

• To
      17th of Apr, 2008

great fun says they are connected to priceline.com if this is true then why do we book thriugh priceline that has a link to get 10% back on your flight or vacation WE should boycott priceline is it worth it? YES when they let this ### operation take money out of my account is the ftc worth contacting

• Va
      17th of Jun, 2008
    Tlg Great Fun - They must be stopped
    TLG Great Fun

Last week, I was looking through a few of my credit card statements and realized that there was a charge of $9.99 on a few of them. Well, a few turned into 15. For the past 15 months, they have been stealing money from me that I never authorized. I called my bank last week and they told me to get a hold of the company, which the information my bank gets for the companies name is Outbound Telemarketing Merchants. Whatever that is...Anyways, they gave me a number to call and when I called, the companies system was down and so the lady told me to try back in a few hours. Well, I did and ever since last week, they put me on hold and then they hang up on me or the connection is lost. I hope this helps someone else. I read everyone else's and it sure helped me. If this happens to you, don't wait until the last minute to notice and do something about it like I did. Let's stop this company from doing this to someone else. We don't deserve things like this!!!

• Va
      1st of Jul, 2008
    Tlg Great Fun - Beware
    TLG Great Fun

I had the same thing happen to me. I had a charge on my statement from TLG Great Fun, called the bank and found out another charge had just been posted. Both charges were 11.99.

I called 1-800-242-7771 (the bank gave me this phone number) and was told I had signed up through Priceline, where I bought tickets a couple of months ago.

I told them to cancel my account and reverse the 2 charges. They agreed and said it will take 7-15 days, so I will wait and see now.

Be aware when using Priceline and for people who are in the same situation, ask for your money back from TLG Great Fun...not so fun!

• He
      9th of Jul, 2008
    Tlg Great Fun - Received my information from current catalog and charged me $11.99 for nothing
    Phone: 18008427771

This needs to be stopped. After reading a lot of the complaints and I am suffering the same problem, there must be something that we can send out to watch for. I never received anything from Great Fun and after calling them to cancel they wanted to send me four $10.00 certificates but I replied no three times until they finally gave me a cancellation number. I asked for the $11.99 to be refunded on my account and Rachel from Great Fun said that I should have it refunded on my account in 10 days. Believe you me, I will be checking my account from now on.

• Bc
      29th of Jul, 2008

I have had the problem with TLG GreatFun for almost a year. 11.99 out of my account every month. The bank gave me the 800 number and of course its always says disconnected. Internet fraud is a huge problem, all it takes is applying for a card, or banking, or even purchasing on line and you are DONE!!! Fine print on most anything says, "we provide or sell your personal info to other affiliates!! That's it...DONE. But 11.99 is not the worst thing that can happen. we have had up to 139.00 out of ours and had to close accounts.

• He
      6th of Aug, 2008

Tlg great fun comes with priceline. They are experts on doing fradulent charges, its just a pop-up. I recently had $11.99 charged to my visa, I called my bank right away and told them it was a fradulent charge. They took right off. All you have to do it report the company and tell them is fradulent. They do this to anyone that buys anything off of priceline.

• Ci
      6th of Aug, 2008

TLG had a 30 day trial period to try their product (vacation coupons). As soon as I received the information in the mail, I called and canceled. Several months went by and then they began billing my debit account. I called to complain and had to send them copies of the statements where I had been billed. The charges stopped for a few months, but, has now resumed again. I've called to have these charges stopped and have been billed the past three months.

• Je
      22nd of Aug, 2008
    Tlg Great Fun - Unauthorized Credit card purchase
    Evans
    Georgia

I have already went through my bank and had a discussion with someone at TLG they told me that I signed up for this when I went through Classmates.com. That I checked the little box excepting their offer to take $10.00 my purchase of the Gold Membership to Classmates. I did not except this. It is a default button that automatic resets itself when navigated away from that page. FRAUD! I went through my bank to retrieve my money. They were taking out $12.99 a month. I was told that I will receive my refund in 5-7 business days for 4 months worth of charges. I only received 2 months. Also, I just looked at my account today, and they charged me $1.00 for privacy guard. After I told them to close the account. Also, it is fraud to use an debit card that is no longer with my account. It was changed because of unauthorized purchase, from this exact company. I will be putting in a claim to fraud alert. I want the rest of my money, and I want your license to sell revoked.
    Jennifer Baker- Evans, Ga.

• Di
      2nd of Sep, 2008
    Tlg Great Fun - Fraudulant unathorized charges
    Great Fun
    P.O. Box 6100
    Westerville
    Ohio
    Phone: 800-290-8603

Recently noticed unauthorized charges from the mentioned company of 12.99p/mo. I contacted my bank for a phone contact. Upon speaking with a supervisor she could not locate my name or address as an account holder. I questioned her I could be billed when she couldn't even locate any information on me. I mentioned that I had seen numerous complaint on "Complaints Board" for this same thing and asked how they get away with fraudulant billing? She said to forward my complaint with proof of the charges ( copy of my bank statement with the charge listed) to the above address. I am not secure in fwdg any bank information of this type. What documentation is safe to fwd?

I don't even know where they got my information from unless it was from HOTWIRE.com - since that's the only purchase that I've ever done.

Beware!

• Ka
      16th of Sep, 2008

Hey, checkout the other threads on TLG GREAT FUN -- there are HUNDREDS of people out there just like me and you! Mine was through FANDANGO.COM too -- I wrote them a nice little email giving them a piece of my mind! Go to the BBB in CT (or NY, whereever your bank statement claims their company to be) and I will supposedly get a refund in 7 days and it took 2 days to get this resolved since I found the $11.99 charges for the last three months. Also, check back your statements up until you purchased the tickets and make sure they didn't charge you and you happened to miss the charges. I had to change my debit card and file a bank fraud report AND go to the Police Station to file a fraud police report. Take care -- hope this helps you out :)

PS: When TLG responded to the BBB email, they claimed I provided a password which is NOT true. Don't them them fool you!

• Ka
      22nd of Sep, 2008
    Tlg Great Fun - NO authorization to charge my credit card
    TLG GREAT FUN
    Connecticut
    Phone: 800-290-8603

Over the weekend, I happen to notice on my bank statement a debit card withdrawal for $14.99 to a company TLG*GREAT FUN. I called immediatly and no one answers the phone on the weekends. Obviously I don't even know who these people are, nor I have never authorized this company to charge my account. I called today, Monday, and "Sally" said that I purchased something off of a commercial on TV and signed up for this "Discount Company". Bologna!!! I don't buy anything off of the TV nor do I live in a place to where I could use any of their "discounts". I live in a rural mountian community. Needless to say, they have been charging me for 4 months. "Sally" is suppose to credit me back for 2 months at $14.99 a month, today and I have to fill out a complaint form in which they are mailing me, for the other 2 months. I told ole Sally, to prove to me where I have signed a document stating that they can charge my credit card. No Answer. I also told "Sally" that this is theft and I did a little research over the weekend to find out who and what this company is all about and by the complaints, I'm not the only they have been ripping off!!!

• Sh
      23rd of Sep, 2008
    Tlg Great Fun - Ilegal Credit Charge
    ?
    Phone: 866-584-2461

I checked my bankstatement and I had a charge for $11.99. I phone the bank and they provided the number to TLG Great Fun. When I called they did not have record of my name or card info. I was put on hold and a supervisor came on line and he located my information. I was told that I bought tickets through Fandango online. This registered my credit card with them. They told me they would not reimburse me for illegally charging my card and to call my bank.