TLG Complete Homeowner / Unauthorized Debit from Bank Account

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

I just noticed on my bank account today that there has been an unauthorized debit from my bank account in the sum of $14.99 from a company called TLG Customer Homeowner. I have looked them up on the web and there are pages and pages of complaints about them. I have sent them an email and I plan to speak to my bank tomorrow and contact the appropriate authorities if this is not refunded immediately.

Ni

Comments

Ni
  22nd of Dec, 2008

Please do not call the number listed here. It is a private cellphone and NOT TGL Homeowners.

Thanks

Bu
  29th of Apr, 2009

I, too, have received a charge on my credit card from Complete Homeowner. My charge was $129.95. Never ordered it, never received anything from them. My credit card company called me before authorizing the charge and, fortunately, after discussing it with me they did not approve payment to Complete Homeowner.

An
  17th of Jul, 2009

I have been charged many times by this company I want it to stop before I take legal action

Lo
  17th of Jul, 2009

I wrote this for DMC customers- the steps are pretty much the same.

Here are some steps to take- pass them along!
1. Send a complaint to the State agency that handles these complaints- Attorney General, etc. Send a copy of your complaint form to DMC as well, with a letter that you are attempting to resolve the situation and cancle the membership- cite the decpetiveness and misleading information, and the contact issues. Send these letters with confirmation of delivery from the USPS. THIS CONFIRMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT! This next step is the most important: DEMAND A COPY OF YOUR AGREEMENT. It must be in writing or dictated written form. The dictiation MUST be by a legally authorized individual (ie: court reporter) for the tape to be used as evidence.
2. Call the bank and tell them of the issue; ask to get a different card. If DMC does not have your information, then you cannot be charged. IF they attempt to push the charge by using the new card, then they are commiting larceny or theft and fraud. BE AWARE- your bank cards are usually only 4 numbers different, and a simple 40 line program can be made to scan through the number series in less than 30 seconds when trying to commit fraud.
3. Follow through with your complaints. This means documenting everything.
4. You will get a 'bad credit' letter from a collection agency. Send a copy of everything. DO NOT SEND ORIGIONALS! Dispute the charges and any bad listing on your credit. Save the letter from the debt collector- send a copy to the state agency.
5. Make an offer to settle for one movie, or offer to return the movies you got for immediate resolution of the issue. You must include the 'deceptive and misleading' portion of the complaints. YOU NEED TO BE REASONABLE. YOU GOT YOURSELF HERE. If they cannot produce the required documents, including the origional order, then you have a valid claim for sure.
6. Continue to dispute until they settle. Make noise. Lots of noise. Send copies of complaints to your lawmakers- state representatives, etc. THIS IS HOW LAWS CHANGE! I send a copy to the local news as well- this really brings bad press, and can shut a company down in less than a month. I will and have spent over $50 in mail to save and raise awareness of bad companies, and have activley lead to the termination of over $19, 000 in debt from various collections, etc because they violated the laws. (IL)
7. THE FOLLW THROUGH- We made reservations at Disney in Orlando, then called a month later to cancle based on the problems with the DMC. Less than 2 hours later, they called back and 'resolved' our complaint by canceling the last 3 movies, and even offering a free meal package at the resort.
8. This gets you additional copies of your credit report- take a copy of the complaint, and send them to the credit reporting agencies- make sure DMC is not there.

Fr
  24th of Jul, 2009
TLG Complete Homeowner - Unauthorized debit to checking account
TLG Complete Homeowner

There is a debit to my checking account for $12.99 from TLG Complete Homeowner that I did not authorize. I have never heard of your company and I did not authorize you to debit my account.

My name is Frieda Johnson.

You debited my account on 7/23/09.

My account is with Washington Mutual Bank known as WAMU, which is now Chase Bank.

I want this debit reversed immediately.

Once you have reversed this debit, please call me and advise me of the reversal.

I will expect any overdrafts that are caused by your unauthorized debit to my account to be your responsbility.

I can be reached at 708-629-0233. Thank You

Ha
  3rd of Nov, 2009
TLG Complete Homeowner - Unauthorized debit to checking account
Houston
Texas
halldebbie12@msn.com

I do not appreciate the $14.99 that was pulled out of my account! It costed me an extra $35.00 in overdraft fees!I have no idea who or what this company is. I dont even own a home! I want my money back!