TLG Buyers Advantage / Fraudulent Charge

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I noticed a charge on my bank account for $139.99 to TLGBUYERSADV49, I called the bank and they gave me a phone number to call, [protected]. I called the number and talked to "Kim" who read me a prepared statement when I asked about the charge, every question I asked was met with a scripted response. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to "Joe", who proceded to tell me I had cashed a $8.00 check from Pedi-Paws on January 20, 2009 which activated a Buyers Advantage membership. I must admit I got kinda hot with him and he assured me he would issue a refund, I also asked for a copy of the check I alledgedly cashed, which he said he would send me and I should receive in 6-8 weeks. We have received these $8.00 checks from a number of sources and immediately shred them, but we did buy a Pedi-Paws unit - and returned it 24 hours after we got it because it was a piece of junk.

My main question is - has anyone taken action to sue people like Pedi-Paws for giving credit card information to a third party? Sounds like these guys are the main culprits and should be shut down along with Buyers Advantage.

Advice - we bought the Pedi-Paws unit using our debit card, which Pedi-Paws obviously shared with Buyers Advantage and enabled Buyers advantage to make the $139.99 charge to our account. Problem is that once that happens you can't stop it because they have their money immediately and you now have to go through a fraudulent charge process. If you buy online use a credit card where you can challenge the charge before paying the credit card bill. Our debit cards have been cancelled and we are awaiting new ones which I can assure you will never be used inline again.

Po

Comments

• Io
      3rd of May, 2010

Iowa. The Mill.

This alleged Company, "TLG Buyers Advantage", did the same thing to us. We purchased a Pedi Paws, which we also discovered was of little value.

In the course of purchasing the item we apparently fell afoul of a scam company. We were billed on a credit card for a membership fee to this alleged company. We disputed the charge and closed that card.

A short time later this alleged company had somehow gained access to our checking account debit card number.

I called the alleged company and complained about the charges. I received one refund out of three charges they had made on our debit account.

I asked the male employee how they had gained access to our checking account number? I never received a reply.

I used our land line phone to contact the alleged company. After this call was made, we received never ending harrassment calls from the alleged company up to five calls a day.

We finally had our land line taken out.

Now, on 04-15-2010 this same fraudulent alleged company has once again billed $139.99 on my wife's credit card. We contacted that credit card company and filed a dispute on the charge today. We as well have blocked this alleged company from gaining access to this card and applying any charges to it for at least a year and a half.

I will contact my Bank tommorow to block access to our debit card.

I have also contacted our local law enforcement agency and filed a "fraudulent acts", charge against the alleged company. This company needs to be put out of business, and the people running it need to be in prison.

We all need to contact the state Attorneys General office in your own state, and file a fraud complaint through their consumer affairs division.

• In
      28th of Apr, 2011

I have exactly same situation with the story above. I called them, and they told me to give a refund for a partial amount. I hope we can sue the company.

• Ed
      31st of Jul, 2014

TIGER DIRECT, is doing same thing BEWARE

YOU WILL SEE HOW TIGERDIRECT is selling your

credit card info to third parties BUNCH OF SCAMERS

• Co
      2nd of May, 2018

This company got my information thru Expedia.com, they charge me a $1 for a free trial which I didn't approve and I call to make sure that they delete and cancel any membership. This was in November 2017, and today April 2018, 5 months later I notice I have a charge of $16.99!!out of the blue they charge me for something that I never want or agree to get, I call and the claim person in charge asked me to verify my account and told me that I have a membership?? How they still have all my info and charge me like that out of nothing, totally illegal, if I was a member they would have to bill me for 5 consecutive months, they said that they will refund me the charge "as a courtesy" that is totally incorrect because is not, since they never got the right to charge me and my biggest concern is that it looks that they store all the info and charge you in the future. SCAM!! TERRIBLE COMPANY! DISHONEST PLEASE BE AWARE WHEN YOU PURCHASE AIRLINE TICKETS AND DONT GIVE ANY INFORMATION TO 3RD PARTIES.