TJ Maxx / bait 'n switch
I shopped at TJ Maxx today and I saw some great jeans on a rack. I thought they would make an awesome present for my girlfriend who really likes this particular brand.
The sign on the rack said $79.99. However, when I went to the checkout, they came up at $99.99.
I told the cashier that the price was wrong. We could both clearly see the sign and the nice cashier agreed with me.
Then the manager decided to step in and veto the 79.99 (correct) price. She said that some of the jeans on the rack were 99.99. I showed her the signage. It says 79.99, not 79.99 and up. She agreed with the verbiage of the sign, but still would not give me the 20.00 difference in price. I think that's called bait and switch, right? Lure you in with one price and then make it more expensive. Good thing I've been trapped in retail for the past 6+ years. I have some connections with TJ Maxx. Just wish I didn't have to go through all of this because the manager had a chip on her shoulder despite her store's incorrect signage. Time to battle!
More TJ Maxx Complaints & Reviews
- TJ Maxx - store policies 
- TJ Maxx - bad employer 
- TJ Maxx - lied about return policy 
- TJ Maxx - declined checks 
- TJ Maxx - stealing 
- TJX / T.J. Maxx - never received credit card nor bill and 3 years later now have poor credit rating 
- TJX / T.J. Maxx - service
- TJX / T.J. Maxx - quality
- TJX / T.J. Maxx - customer service & return tags 
- TJX / T.J. Maxx - certegy