Titan Sales Inc. / magazine subscription

PO Bx 18344Golden, CO, United States Review updated:
4.75
Phone: (303)674-8252
I bought a one-year subscription of Readers Digest and have not received it. I believe this was a scam. The money was taken from my bank account.

Comments

Ba
  12th of Nov, 2008
I canceled my order on 11/6/08
and was making sure you got it.
let me know soon
Mi
  16th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too have got ripped off for 61.00 We ordered Nickelodeon magazines for my daughter back in may and still haven't recieved anything. I have spoke to legal reps and these kids come around all the time They say their is lagal ways to get the money back so I am thinking about it...
Pl
  20th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm in a similar position but cancelled the subscription within the 3 day allotted time and have yet to receive the refund. I've contacted customer service via their email address at American Cash Awards and was told yesterday that the company apologizes for the delay and will refund the money when they can. This prompted me to do a little research this morning and I came across this scam. I would love to see them get caught and pay for their dishonesty. I'll do anything I can to assist in the process.
Ka
  21st of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered the Disney Magazine for my grandson in August and received nothing. They were very quick to cash my 65.00 check, within 2 days. I had 3 days to cancel but my check was cashed before then. The customerservice@americancashawards.com is not a working e-mail. I left a message and don't think I will ever receive a call back. SCAM
El
  1st of Dec, 2008
yea i whant 2 now if u people have sant me the magaz 2 27 bruce lane bentwood n.y 11717
So
  10th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I fell for this scam today. The girl selling was young, and she talked about a school trip to europe, so I bought a two year subscription. Then I had a bad feeling about it, so I faxed in the cancellation and emailed them for an acknowledgement, which I have yet to receive. I also tried to call the phone number on the back of the receipt, and was informed via recording that their phone system was "down" pending a system upgrade, no voice mail available. I then called my bank and asked for a stop payment on the check. I'd rather pay the bank fee than let this company take my money for nothing. Thanks for all the posts. Wish I'd said no and then checked out the company.
Tl
  5th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am in the same situation (have been waiting for my $63 refund for over 6 weeks now). I'm doing everything I can to get this company shut down. Here are things you can do if you really want to stop them.

File a complaint against Coast to Coast, Inc. and American Cash Awards with the Better Business Bureau online at www.denver.bbb.org or by mail
Denver/Boulder BBB 1020 Cherokee St.
Denver, CO 80204
Phone: (303) 758-2100
Email: info@denverbbb.org

Contact your city's City Hall (Business Licenses office) and see if the company had permission to be selling in your town. Most likely they didn't. If you are unsure of which office to contact, just contact City Hall information and they can direct you to where you need to go.

Contact your state attorney general's office and file a consumer complaint. I'm filing a complaint and telling them about this site and /link removed/ so they can see that people all over the country are getting ripped off.

Most importantly, contact your local news station! Once you get to this site, it probably means you've already been ripped off. Let's get our news stations reporting on this company, so people can find out about them BEFORE they get ripped off.
Pc
  11th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Don't order anything from this company no matter how innocent the person looks that comes to your door!!! Fortunately, I did receive a magazine, but of course it was the wrong magazine. Coast to Coast Inc. said that they can do this if a notice is sent to you in the mail. I never received anything in the mail, nor would I have agreed to this if it was mentioned during the sale.

I have spent a lot of my time trying to fix this problem via phone and email. I never receive any returned phone calls or emails from them and when I do talk to somebody in customer service I get the run around. They have even told me they don't handle these subscriptions anymore and have passed it on to "such and such" company, but will not give me a company name or number to reach them.

The quality assurance company that follows up on the sale does nothing, but try to sign you up for something else and could care less about the magazine subscription. When I mentioned to him that I was turning Coast to Coast Inc into the BBB, he could have cared less.

Hope this helps and don't be fooled by the kind 18 year old at the door. Help shut them down by turning them into the BBB!!! Look them up first on the Better Business Bureau, which by the way they have an F rating!
Ho
  3rd of Apr, 2009
I agree with this complaint i just got scammed today with this same company and was kind of skeptical at first but he seemed really genuine and sincere so i said what the heck and ordered one magazine i am going to send in my cancellation today because it makes me so mad i feel like finding them and asking them up front to give me my money back but of course they have already high tailed it out of here. I will definately be filing a complaint with the BBB too and anything else I can do to get the guys stopped.
Li
  20th of May, 2009
damn i'm a sucker. They just scammed me today too. Being a college student myself, I pitied the trashy looking girl who used, "this is a way for me to help get college paid for!" Her unprofessional look should have sent red flags. Oh well, as soon as I wrote out a check for her. I came on here to do some more research. Not a good thing at all. What did I do? Went to my bank and cancelled my acount and started a new one. Only hassle is changing my direct deposits and bill automatic withdrawals. Thank God for the internet, because you can do everything online now. I've learned my lesson, and its unfortunate to those who are still dealing with this scam of a company. They may have scammed me, but they won't see my money ;]
Cr
  22nd of May, 2009
hay should all be put in jail for it how many elderly have thay scamed and mom and dads that are on a bouget and spent that little thay had put up on there kids and got scamed, that was me
Be
  21st of Jun, 2009
I agree. I bought a subscription and the kid knew and "got extra points" because I am a teacher. And as a teacher, there's not a lot of extra money to go around. I'm sorry that anyone was scammed, but grateful that I wasn't taken for any more than I was. I'm out $32, which was about the minimum I could spend. A lot of people lost a lot more than I did.
Th
  26th of Jun, 2009
They came to my door in Ohio today. Said this was her last stop and she was going home. I found her the next apartment building over just leaving a neighbors house with more cash in hand and my check. Told her I wouldn't call the cops if she gave me the check back, so naturally she obliged. Just hope that she didn't somehow copy my numbers down, but I do not think she could do much with it. Going to my bank tomorrow to talk to them.
Fo
  27th of Jun, 2009
UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS!!!

As a fomer employee of this company, and having sold magazine subscriptions for many years, there are a few things I would like to share.

1. If you believe for one second that the person standing at you door is giving you false information, call him or her out right there at the door step. If they state that they are doing it for school, to help the troops, or for any donation, THEY ARE LYING. The only real speil is that they are selling magazines to earn points to win money and a free trip. These prizes to exsist. I won the cash award 3 times in the four years I was on the road. If they tell you that they live in your neighborhood, THEY ARE LYING. I traveled form coast to coast three times and never once worked in my home town. To prove they are lying, ask them general questions about your city that anyone who lives there should know, like street names, and if that doesn't satisfy you, ask to see there ID. Infact, that is something you should do from the get go to save yourself some time.

2. On each receipt, there should be a telephone number and address for customer service. Call it while the sales person is at your door. If there is no address or telephone number, the company IS NOT legit.

3. If you are deciding to buy, read your receipt carefully. What is written on the receipt is the only valid contract. It will state on their that verbal agreements ARE NOT recognized. If there is a decrepency between what is being said and what is written, do not buy the magazine and inform the sales person that you will call the police for fraudulent behavior. Wether you believe it or not these companies do not want agents who lie to work for them.

4. Read the back of the receipt. This is typically where the terms for cancellation are. Make sure you understand them. If you don't, call the company before you buy the magazine. This will save you and the company alot of time and hassle. Under no circumstances will a company hold a check until a later date. Under no circumstance will you ever receive a call authorizing your purchase. If these statements are made, you are being lied to.

5. If after you have bought a magazine and you have not received it within the 120 days or you have not received a refund within 6-8 weeks, contact higher powers. It is unfortunate that some of these clearing houses have scandalous practices. Please report them if they do not adhere to the guidelines of your receipt.

I hope this will help someone. I also hope this will help those agents out there who are honest and moral. Not every salesperson is dishonest. Please remember that. One more tip, the sales people who knock on your door and don't quite seem to have a grasp of the job yet are new to the company and probably not capable of lying to you. Please buy magazines from them. If they seem to have the right answer for every question you throw at them, they are probably experienced and that much more capable of lying to you.
An
  14th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This guy by the name of Zach Cochran came to my door and said that he was trying to get into broadcasting school and that this was to help him and if he wins he gets some money and a vacation. Well I felt sorry for the kid so I subscribed to the least amount possible. And as I am writing out the check, he informs me that it can be canceled right away and he would still get his desired points. So I gave him the check, and before I even shut the door I was on the phone with the people at Titan Sales Inc. And they said I would have to send in the pink copy with everything filled out within the first three days of the sale and nothing would be charged. So I sent the pink slip twenty minutes after the guy had left my front porch and that was on 6/30/09. Well today (7/14/09) I looked at my bank account and they still took the money out. So now I am enraged about this and I will do everything I can to stop this company, luckily I know people in high places so hopefully this scam will stop. If not, I will be booking a flight to Michigan Indiana to personally have my money handed to me, which it wouldn't be worth it considering the plane ticket alone will probably more than triple my money spent on this nonexistent magazine, but I would have the satisfaction of beating someone's worthless scam-artist like face into the ground. So if anyone wants to join me, we'll set up a meeting place and take back whats rightfully ours...
Sn
  16th of Jul, 2009
Just yesterday, I ordered a subscription to one magazine for $38 total. I have been taken by 3 others sellers from companies that say they are working towards starting their own company, earning a trip, or helping pay for school. There were 2 girls that were all excited, and I was like okay, I will pay with a check, and check out the company when I get to work. Today, I have found this, and am going to send my cancellation tomorrow, and also place a stop payment on my check. It's too bad that folks have to go through all this work and jive to rip people off of a few bucks. There are plenty of legit ways to make good, easy money, if you are smart, and do the right thing. I have started and successfully ran several small businesses ranging from chimney sweeping to gutter cleaning to power washing. Anyone who sleeps easily after taking an innocent person of their hard earned cash should be dismembered and decapitated. Hopefully, I am going to beat them to the punch. $38 is 3 cases of natty.
Le
  24th of Aug, 2009
I can't believe it happened to me, too!

I was home alone (on a sunny bright day) and the doorbell rang. I poked my head out the window and saw a young woman standing on the front steps, alone. Asked what she wanted and she ran this thing past me about needing to sell mag subscriptions so that she could get "points" and maybe a trip to one of the Islands.

Supposedly, she's a member of an entrepreneurship group for young adults which is sponsoring this sales event.

ANYWAY, what possessed me? I ordered two subscriptions and gave her a check for $79. I had asked for her ID, too, and she said that the group even registered with the local police.

As soon as she left, I didn't feel right. I went online and found this site (she was long gone) so I drove over to my bank, cancelled the check (no fee because they know me and felt sorry for me) and transferred most of my money into another account.

Went to the police to see if the group had registered but they have no sign of them. What a jerk! No more Ms. Nicelady!!!
Ms
  11th of Sep, 2009
The sweet, talkative young lady who came to my door seemed honest and trustworthy...if I had been thinking a little more clearly, I would have questioned her more than I did. But she caught me at a bad time - kids waking up from a late nap and in the middle of cooking dinner - and a Thomas and Friends subscription for my son seemed like a good idea, so like a sucker I wrote her a check. That was yesterday, and today I still could not shake the funny feeling I had about the whole encounter, so I did some research on the company and it would appear that it is indeed a rip off. I filed a stop payment on the check with my bank today. I'd rather pay the $15 stop payment fee than $43 for a magazine I'll never receive.
Jp
  23rd of Sep, 2009
I fell victim to this scam also. I live in Decatur Il. This young man came to my door selling magazines for POINTS toward a trip. He finally talked me into buying the Nickelodeon magazine for a nephew. That was last April and $52.00 ago. It is now September, I only remembered I had purchased themand checked with my nephew to see if he ever received the magazine, he of course did NOT. But I did check with my bank to see if the check had been cashed. And it has...NEVER again will I be friendly or buy something like that again from a door to door. I will ask for a high school ID or something to prove that they are who they say they are.
Tw

Principal: Bonnie Driscoll, Owner
Customer Contact: Ms. Dona Funches, Senior Customer Service - (888) 888-9025
File Open Date: January 2008
Type of Business: Magazine Sales by Mail
BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

The BBB has requested basic information from this company but ha