Titan Automotive Group / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
Purchased a vehicle in early August 2008. Paid for vehicle in full. We had a dispute about a mechanical issue the the seller did not disclose but admitted he was aware of. Threatened to not send the title, repo the vehicle via notice of unwind (in AZ this can only be initiated by the purchaser) and to cancel the registration. Told me I had no proof of purchase - as I forgot to grab the paperwork. After filing a complaint with the attorney generals office - they sent the attorney generals office copies of the paperwork but have yet to send me the purchaser copies of the paperwork.

The temporary registration expired after 45 days (now 90 days and counting)- and The dealer has yet to transfer the title, and complete the require vehicle registration. A dealer advocacy group did contact me saying that he was un-able to complete the process because an emissions test is required.

Upon contacting the DMV, I was told it is the dealers responsibility to get the emissions done prior to the sale, and that I do not have the prior/current registration information for the emissions process. As well, I was told that the original documents are required for me to transfer the title and complete the registration process.

Now I must file a dealer complaint and apply for a bonded title. It could take up to a year before I have a clear title and registration.
Va