Tire Works / No Hassle Road Hazard Replacement Plan

On 3-31-07 I purchased 4 brand new tires for my car and purchased the Protection Plan Warranty Tire Works was selling totaling $914.81. This warranty states if I have a "road hazard (such as cut, puncture, snag or impact break) Tire Works, at it's option, will either repair at no charge, or if not repairable, replace the failed tire with a new (same) tire or comparable tire, or refund the original purchase price of the tire only." On 2-18-09 my tire was low so my husband aired it up with his air compressor and took the car to Tire Works. Mike Deaver (the store manager) said that their was a nail in the tire and they can patch it (no charge) but the patch won't hold. He said the tire is unrepairable and we need a new tire. He then proceeded to say that we would have to pay for the tire and the warranty won't cover it because he says we neglected the tire. He says their are burn marks on the tire indicating we drove it while it was flat. This is a false statement. Then he proceeded to tell my husband that all 4 tires look rough and we just need to buy a whole new set of tires. He said he would give us a good deal on a new set for $700. I get all my regular service (oil changes, tire rotation, etc.) done at Desert Nissan and had them fax over my last service. October 18th of 2008 I had the car serviced and Nissan stated all 4 tires were in good condition. Since October 18th as of today 2-20-09 there have only been about 2, 000 miles put on the car. After arguing with Mike about this warranty he told me I could call the Corporate Office. He gave me the number [protected]. I called and spoke with Heather. She apologized for the way Mike treated us and said she would call him and see what's going on and call us back. She called me back shortly after this and said the same thing Mike said. She said they would not warranty the tire. I asked for a refund since they were going to honor the warranty. She told me that they patched my tire for free. She told me I could take it to another Tire Works location. I asked her if the other location would have to go thru her as well and she said yes and she said they are not going to honor the warranty. Tire Works is lying about this tire. We have NEVER driven this car while the tire was flat. My husband has an air compressor in our garage and he airs our tires up all the time. Tire Works is trying to scam us out of more money by trying to get us to purchase more tires. Mike also informed my husband that the tires I purchased from them in 2007 have been discontinued.

Pa

Comments

• Al
      30th of Jun, 2010

I went today, 6/30/10, because my tire had a nail in it. I asked how long it would take and was told 45 minutes, which I was okay with. An hour and a half late, my truck was still outside and hadnt moved at all. I have a warranty on my tires, so I did not think there would be a problem. When I asked the cashier how much longer he asked if I could come back in the morning. I said no because I am a full time student and I also work, so my time is very limited. This is not the first time I have had customer service issues with Tireworks. If I had know simple repairs would be so time consuming I never would have bought tire from this place. I even asked if there was another Tireworks I cold go to and was told they are all would take the same amount of time. Then to top it off the cashier gave me his card and wrote "Free Flat Repair" I though why should I pay, I have a warranty that I paid for. What a joke!!I do not recommend Tireworks to anyone. I even spoke to an ex-employee of Tireworks and he said that they are crooked too. This Tireworks is located at 2220 W Horizon Ridge Parkway. STAY AWAY FROM TIREWORKS!!!

• Dm
      15th of Oct, 2013

similar thing happened to me" my tire got a bubble in it, I took it to Silverado location- and the guy said my struts were bad would cost $1200 plus $200 new tire it wasn't covered under warranty. and was yelling at me . I told him I had a Toyota warranty to cover them. so I left the store and went to Toyota. they said struts are fine. so I called the warranty # Jeanne said take to green valley location and talk to mike or mark, mike said struts are bad Toyota doesn't know what there doing. so I went back to Toyota told them what mike had said . went back to tireworks made them put a donut on tire mike was suppose to order new tire he forgot and quit the next day so I called the store today 10-15-13 took my car back to get struts inspected mark said the tire has separation which caused bubble its not covered. warranty does not cover tire separation. he also said my struts were fine.. I guess they don't want to cover any tires.. but would sell me another tire with warranty package.. bull crap... I am filing with department of business and industry- they have pending fraud charges.