Tire Kingdom / former employee

I’m a former employee from tire kingdom. I worked at the one in Pittsburgh and let me tell you something, they suck to work for. I hated working for tire kingdom. They try to get you to get service done that doesn’t need done. They will scam you into it. The pay is horrible and there cheap as ***. So I recommend you to not go there. You do more work but you get paid less money to do these jobs. As far as I’m concerned tire kingdom the worst place to work for.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      12th of Jan, 2009

I got injured at work and been out for months.Tire KIngdom is denying my claim for workers comp.and im having to sue.Been with them for years and thats the thanks I get?I will win and do every thing in my power to right the ship as per there problems they out me through.I would love to here from any others in regaurds to being injured and TK not helping out.
    Thanks, Mike

14th of Feb, 2009
    Tire Kingdom - scam gas vouchers
    free gas redemption
    3665 east bay drive ste 204 #17
    Largo
    Phone: 1-800-514-0366
    freegasredemption.com

complied w/ all stipulations, still have not recieved any gas cards
    going on 4 months now
    can't get hold of any live person by phone

• Lr
      23rd of Feb, 2009

same here!! Can't get anyone to call me back. They said that the Tidewater Global Marketing company that we have been sending our receipts to can no longer meet their obligations and Tire Kingdom is working on an alternative solution. They said to call back in a few days and I said I wanted to speek with someone from corporate. If I don't get a phone call tomorrow I'm calling our local TV station. Maybe they can get some action. I just want my $500 now...forget the gas cards!!!

• Co
      22nd of May, 2009
    Tire Kingdom - was ripped off
    tire kingdom
    Lehigh Acres
    Florida

went in to buy new tires and was given cleaned up old dryrot tires and didnt find out i was ripprd off till months later when i had a problem was then told that they didnt carry that brand and was told i must of gotten them from some one else . will not return there was treated very rude.

• Dt
      22nd of Sep, 2009
    Tire Kingdom - Did not receive a gas card
    Tire kingdom
    Casselberry
    tirekingdom.com

it was said that if I spent over 500 dollars i would receive a gas card. I neve received this gas card and i have spent almost 1100 dollars since i have had the card. I would really like to get what i was promised!!

• Ti
      7th of Oct, 2009

Did you contact corporate customer service? If not, do so. Tire Kingdom has honored the promotion.
    www.tirekingdom.com

1st of Dec, 2009

This is not a very good complaint. I can't tell you how many times people have come into the shops that I have worked at swearing that I replaced their tires only to find out they were replaced at a competitor just down the street. Tire Plus and Tire Kingdom are just two similar examples.

If you had purchased tires from Tire Kingdom then you will have a receipt. On that receipt will be all the information about those tires. If you don't have it they can usually look it up in their computer system. If the information doesn't match then you were either sold the wrong tires or you got them somewhere else. There is also identification marks on all tires so a shop can tell how old the tire is. Most TK rotate their stocks pretty quick. Sometimes you will get one a couple of years old but rarely. It would still be under warranty anyway just like a brand new tire only 1 week old. If they were dry rot then they would probably work with you for an allowance. Sometimes they do sell out a certain run of tires and change. In that case the tire they changed to would take the place.

Your complaint sounds ridiculously vague.

• Gr
      9th of Jan, 2012

As a former manager for Tire Kingdom, I can say with great confidence that the company only cares about one thing: Profit.
    Sure, profit is essential to success, but you can at least attempt to make your customers and employees content. Tire Kingdom does neither. Many of the "technicians" they employ are nothing better than glorified spectators. I would guess that approximately 95% of their "A" level technicians would not qualify for a apprentice program at a dealership. This is very sad, considering they charge as much, or more than the fair labor rate at a certified dealer. They will mark up parts 300%, and will not stand behind their work. They will also "make up" labor times and clearly gouge customer's. As a manager, you can earn a decent living, but it will likely cost you your family and your health. My area director & vice president were the most obnoxious scam artists I have ever met. They will "wow" you with paid annual meetings that cost millions of dollars, yet they will find every excuse in the book to decline needed repairs to your shop that ensure that you, your staff, and your customers are safe. Christ, you even need a purchase order approved to buy office supplies. Tire Kingdom represents what is wrong with America. Shame on them!

• Gr
      9th of Jan, 2012

Not surprised in the least

• Pa
      5th of Nov, 2012
    Tire Kingdom - paid for tire twice
    tire kingdom
    Pompano Beach
    Florida

Paid for tire 2 times. Supposed to have removed nail and didnt so I had to buy another tire. Tire was 2 yrs old.

2nd of May, 2013

Tire Kingdom Pays there Tech's Pennies compared to what they take in. For Instance, for installing 4 tires on a vehicles. They guy doing all the work from start to finish gets .50 cents per Tire, that's including the mount/balance. So they make a whopping $2.00 for that set of 4 tires to be installed. Oil Changes, we get 1.75 per oil change, that includes the inspection, tire rotation, topping off of all fluids. And I'm suppose to work with a smile on my face. General Service Tech's Make 6.40 an hour plus commission. Half the time your doing free work, or policy work and not making any more than that very low minimum wage. of 6.40. Policy Alignments, The GS tech gets paid $2.00 for re-aligning your vehicles. This is Labor, sometimes back busting!!! For $2.00??? Tire Kingdom treats its employees like were in a sweatshop in China.
    P.S. Then If we do an awesome job and the customer wishes to tip us. We're suppose to turn it down. Whats the world coming too?

• Co
      2nd of Jan, 2015

I feel as if this company dosnt care about it employees or families! They expect them to work work work for lil money and seems like their goal is to rip families appart! Kids an wives need their fathers/husbands home to but you expect them to work so many hours we never get to see them! Would you want not to see your families oh wait YALL are the big wigs and don't care about how you effect the lower guys as long as your bank accounts are full that's all that matters! WELL OUR FAMILIES MATTER TO US! Quit being so greedy quit cheating employees and pay them what they are really worth they bust their butts for you and YALL act like you don't care! It's want more want more want more WELL THEN IF YALL WANT MORE MAKE IT WORTH IT!!!