Tire Kingdom / rip off

United States Review updated:
1.65

I purchased 4 new Yokohama tires for my Audi from Tire Kingdom on Clark Rd, Sarasota in February 2008. Three thousand miles later my rear tires were completely bold. When I asked for replacement the manager, Bhadresh Desai, at first denied selling me the tires (although I had a receipt), than accused me of 'spinning' my car and damaging the tires on purpose.

I contacted Yokohama representative that after a week worth of attempts to talk to Mr. Desai (he was not available to answer the calls), was able to negotiate the replacement. I still paid full price for one tire and Tire Kingdom 'Royal Tire Service', no discounts given. I also asked for and paid $110.00 for Specialty Alignment.

The same day I had the alignment checked by the Audi dealer and was told that it is completely off. When contacted Tire Kingdom I was told by Mr. Desai manager 'not to call here again'. Two weeks later, a mechanic at the gas station pointed that my two new replacement tires are of inferior quality and not the same type as the older ones. Rip off!!!
Va

Comments

Mi
  9th of Mar, 2010
What ever you do, don't go to the the Clark road Tire kingdom...they ripped me off me big time...will NEVER go to a Tire Kingdom store again. They ruined my tire and then said I had to buy a new one for a hundred bucks. When I went back to complain to the manager by the name of "BUD" he denied any work was ever done to my tire. he took the work order from the other day that showed what was done and refused to give it to me..and just took it off the clip board and into the office.
  13th of Apr, 2010
tIRE KINGDOM IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF. EVERY TIME I GO FOR ONE THING THEY FIND AT LEAST 700.00 DOLLARS MORE. THE LAST TIME I WENT FOR A SOMETHING THEY RECOMMENDED ON A PREVIOUS VISIT. THEY CAME BACK WITH 900.00 DOLLARS FOR MORE RECOMMEDED WORK. IM FED UP I CALL CORPORATE OFFFICE AND NOW IM SUMMITTING THIS COMPLAINT. I THINK IT AWLFUL THE WAY THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF, DURING SUCH AS HARD TIME AS THESE WE ARE LIVING IN NOW. THIS WILL BE MY LAST VISIT AND I RECOMMEND PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM THEM IF YOU DONT KNOW SOMTHING ABOUT CARS!!!
agree 100%
TRUE !!! BIG RIP OFFF
Nh
  2nd of Dec, 2010
On November 23 I went to Tire Kingdom in St. Cloud FL. and asked for estimate to replace bearing in front wheel of my 2000 Ford Expedition, manager was rude and refused to give estimate saying just leave it and we will call you with a price.

After a couple hours he called and tried to get me to get 1200 dollars of repairs which i refused. After i picked up my vehicle and paid 326.00 for replacement of bearings and alignment i realized i had been charged 30.00 for shop supplies. Never again will i return. How can you build repeat customers treating them like that.
Ti
  14th of Feb, 2011
i am so mad at these people i made a bumber sticker in there honor.. http://www.cafepress.com/soles
it should be under the link (yourplace ) lol seen this sticker on a car already... just look for the sticker that says Tire Kondom on the page... good luck ...
Mj
  26th of Sep, 2011
Took my truck in for oil change, front brakes, rotors and front end alignment. They pull it in, take the tires off, come back and tell me that I need to replace pittman arm, idler arm, new rear tires, 2 front rotors and only one brake pad. If anyone knows anything about changing brakes you would know if you change the brake pads you change both, not just one. I was quoted $1, 126.62 for everything above, tax and labor. I knew it was a rip off. Called my brother took it to his house. He checked it out and said nothing was even wrong with idler arm or pittman arm. But what Tire Kingdom forgot to mention was that I had a bad upper ball point that was bad... Checked out on ebay for the brand new parts that I need and for everything it will be $140 for brakes, rotors and pall point. So please people if you decide to take your vehicle to Tire Kindgom, make sure you know at least a little something about vehicles or know someone that does or else they will rip you off and replace something that your vehicle don't even need and don't say anything about what you do need.

Tire Kingdom / TBC Corporation Logo Tire Kingdom / TBC Corporation