Tipp Consulting GmbH / Job Scam

1 Switzerland Review updated:

Job seekers beware of this Job Scam from “Tipp Consulting GmbH”, JOB SCAM!!!
If you are currently in the job market and come into contact with this company. Be careful and stay away. Please read my story.

I got an email from a recruiter from a person representing "Tipp Consulting GmbH, " saying that they have reviewed my resume and after thorough review, they believed that I would be a valuable addition to their workforce. They said that they are “presently expanding their services in the United States and are looking for highly qualified and experienced individuals such as you.”

They claim to be VAT reclamation and tax application service from Switzerland. Their clients were international business people who are owed money from VAT and other similar taxes. The Job duty was to handle the VAT applications of their clients for their income tax refund. They mentioned that they had a “new back-office technology” that provides training and access to their staff.

It sounded a little suspicious. I then tried to look up the company and see if there were any Consumer Reports or if there was anything weird listed on Google. I did not find any reports but I did find their website. Everything looked ok so, I proceeded to complete the application.

After completing the application, I was expecting a phone interview. But instead I was told to register and create an account to their back office account (referring to their “back office technology”). This was to collect any necessary HR information, collect documentation, and communicate with their team. There were some additional forms on their “back office website” such as an Application Guide, Employee Handbook, Employment Agreement, Benefits and Duties. I thought these process was interesting since I did not have an interview as of yet. But I signed the paperwork anyways.

Next I received another form to sign called “task and payroll terms.” This is what really took me by surprise and opened my eyes to a possible scam. It said that in my work duties, I was expected to proceed to perform refund transactions on behalf of the company. I was to use my personal checking account for the refund transactions. And it goes on saying that my personal checking account was needed for payroll distribution, (they say “a contemporary way of conducting salary based transfers”.) This form ends with asking for my personal bank account #’s, routing #’s and bank name & address.

This company is total B.S. I had not even had an interview or even been extended an offer for a position and all of a sudden I was part of their company and they needed my bank account number for payroll and other transactions. No one should be asking for your personal banking account information at all. So I have stopped communications with them at this time.

I am so embarrassed that I even went as far as I did. But I feel compelled to tell others about my experience, and hopefully save someone else out there from a huge Rip Off.
Please be aware of this kind of job scam. I have a feeling that there other various or similar job scams like this one! At the very least, stay away from Tipp Consulting

Rebecca

Be

Comments

• Mi
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I too got an email from Tipp Consulting GmbH (the email address was mary.hatton@e-taxjobs.com) and moved forward with sending them my resume.

I got the most recent email asking to set up a back door office account and stalled on it for 3 days, more due to apathy than anything else but today I noticed that the job ID in the subject line was different.

I did some research and found this complaint along with another elsewhere. I'm sorry that the OP went through what she did and hopefully this will keep others from falling further into the scam. As the OP mentioned, no reputable company would ever ask for your account information.

- Michael

• Ne
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I thought this could for sure be the real deal. Up until the reply I sent to the initial contact person never answered my question back. Then I got this Mary Hatton. Sadly, I had already faxed in my resume to this number (866)471-0651 which never got sent through. The lady at the career center who helped me said she thought it odd for a fax machine to keep coming back as busy tried calling the number. Instead of a squealing sound that most fax numbers would make, she said it sounded like someone picked up and hung up. We tried faxing it to their other toll free fax numbers (866)360-4112 and it went through great.

I did a general search on google and didn't find anything. And now, I feel like such a fool for not finding this helpful website sooner.

• Je
      23rd of Jul, 2009

You guys too? OH MAN I think were in one big scam. At least you guys didn't give any of your personal info because I already gave mine. Should I contact the bank and tell them to change my information?

• Je
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I would like to apologize to Tipp Consulting for filing a complaint about their company. I have been speaking to my manager and they really are a legit company. They are just a foreign company extending their business to the States. If you don't believe me there is a website where you can go to that says its an active company. It'll be in Swedish, but you can see they are active and do have an address abroad.

Hopefully this helps with anyone thinking if this company is a scam.

• Ti

Jesus,

We must apologize to you for filing these details, our managers are working hard 9 am to 9 pm, to get everything done with our extension plans, and sometimes it's very hard to cope with our emotions.

We're very sorry, and we have filed a request to delete this thread with the site owners.

Mary

• Tc
      24th of Jul, 2009

This company is in need of further scrutiny.

The website itself (http://www.tipp-consulting.com) was just recently created:

Record created on: 2009-05-16 09:51:05.0
    Database last updated on: 2009-07-16 09:17:57.667
    Domain Expires on: 2010-05-16 09:51:06.0

The registrant, administrative, billing and technical contact are all the same person.

24th of Jul, 2009

Well I am pretty deep into working with this company what is the scam they are doing.

25th of Jul, 2009

Does anyone know what Tipp scam is?

27th of Jul, 2009

Tipp Consulting GmbH is a big Fraud do not work with this woman Mary Hatton the steal money from companies transfer it into your checking account. She has you cash a check the Western Union the money to different names.

SHE IS A FRAUD...AND A THIEF

• Ce
      27th of Jul, 2009

JUST LIKE TIPP CONSULTING, BELOW IS ANOTHER JOB OFFER SCAM FROM A LADY WHO CLAIMS TO WORK WITH ING. SHE ALSO WANTED MY PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION. NO COMPANY WILL ASK FOR YOU BANK ACCOUNT INFO AND USE IT FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU DEAL WITH. I KNOW IN THIS TOUGH ECONOMY, WE SOMETIMES GET A LITTLE DESPERATE TO FIND A JOB ASAP BUT WE NEED TO USE OUR COMMON SENSE, TOO AND BE CAREFUL WITH WHO WE DEAL WITH ESPECIALLY ONLINE. THERE ARE A LOT OF SCAMMERS OUT THERE.

i was looking for a job online. I posted my resume online at Careerbuilder. The next day, I received a letter from ING Funds. It says...

Good day,

We are glad to inform you that after examine your resume we came to the conclusion that you are qualified much for this position: "Junior Distributor".

Junior Distributor takes part in Commercial interactions between potential customers and our company. The job is related to remote Internet operations. Every payment order will be accompanied by detailed instruction. It is also the duty to interact and report all the details of every action you take to our manager. The brief training course is enclosed. To be successful in this role, you will need to be an energetic and flexible person with strong computing skills.

Your main duties will be to communicate with clients over the telephone or through the Internet, to conduct the reports, to fulfill our tasks following our instructions, to work with business forms on your own, to conclude agreements with our potential clients, to receive payments from potential customers. You will be able to get new information from our "Project Manager", contact your head office and to check the report on the earnings. You will get monthly salary for your work; your salary will be divided into two parts and bonuses from each transaction depending on the amount of the deal.

My name is Susan Barrett. I will be your instructor for a month before you will obtain enough skills for independent work.
    To start working you need to complete the following steps:
    1. Please download the attached contract, make sure that everything is clear in it.
    2. Fill out all the required fields in print letters.
    3. Send it to our US fax number '(866)-929-7861'
    Attached is a PDF version of your contract. If you do not already have Adobe PDF Reader installed please go to www.adobe.com to install it..

IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN EMAIL SIMILAR TO THIS ONE ABOVE OR LIKE THAT OF FROM TIPP CONSULTING, DON'T FALL FOR IT. IT'S NOTHING BUT A BIG SCAM!

• Pa
      28th of Jul, 2009

Beware also of Tristan Yachts whose intorductory letter from Ann Oliver is almost word for word the same as Tipp!

• Fe
      28th of Jul, 2009

This is definitely a scam. I was "hired" by the company last week and started the "training" process. It appears that they figured out a way to have a legitimate company deposit money into my account ($18, 000) and then asked me to wire it to their "customers" in the Ukrain. I did this and then found out this morning that the legitimate company had tried to retrieve the money from my account! Fortunately I had set up the account specifically to work with Tipp and didn't have much money in it and the request was denied. This resulted in $60 NSF fees for me but I feel bad for the company that lost $18, 000. Of course now I can't contact anyone at Tipp Consulting and have been denied access to their back-end system (where most of the communication took place).

I agree with Kathie above that Mary Hatton is a "fraud...and a thief"! I have reported them to the FBI at www.ic3.gov per my bank's instructions.

Now my bank has canceled my account. Their fraud department says this is a Nigerian scheme.

If anyone wants to talk to me about this contact me through www.linkedin.com. My name is Monte Hunter from Portland, OR.

• Pe
      30th of Jul, 2009

Monte, I too have been deceived by Mary Hatton and the Tipp Consulting scam. Unfortunately I did not gather sufficient information in regards to this company in a timely manner. My experience with Tipp Consulting was a mirror image of yours. I was paid a total of $300 per transaction which in total was two money transfers in to my account - my end payment was $600. However to my surprise a couple of days later I had a negative balance in my account for a little over $18, 000, I immediately reported this issue to the bank as a money transfer scam. Of course by this point I was totally cut off from any communication with Mary Hatton and the back office system that I used to communicate with Tipp Conusulting during my short tenure with this bogus company. Please stay away from Mary and Tipp Consulting the organization is a total SCAM!!! If anyone wants to discuss Scam further I am at hotmail, enigmapeter@live.com.

• Re
      12th of Aug, 2009

It appears this scam has adapted and is using another alias - TBC Tax, www.tbc-tax.com

Melissa Weiss and Andress Jansen are the "contacts".

I received a communication from Career Builder and submitted a review to their fraud department. Below are the details I uncovered upon some research (too much research and time wasted, I am sad to say)

The "whois" record for tbc-tax.com matches that of an Andreas Jansen in Switzerland, the phone number listed matches the address listed in the "whois" lookup and the website claims affiliation with other companies and groups; all links worked but I saw no affiliation with Tbc-Tax on those partner websites. The 866 number provided is a generic message that seems to confirm the job descriptions listed above in this thread.

The original email I received from Careerbuilder wa sent from e-taxjobs.net witch is routed to etaxjobs.com. This company, etaxjobs.com is legit. I emailed them to follow up on this company TBC-Tax. The owner had never heard of them, stated they were not members of his site and recommended caution.

All other aspects of this remain the same as posts above.

• Br
      13th of Aug, 2009

I got the samething from tbc-tax.com.

Same contacts as listed above.

Mine stated it was for an assistant manager spot.

17th of Aug, 2009

Yep it's straight bull ###! Melissa called me acting like a Chinese lady trying to do a phone interview. She said she would pay me 3, 000/month to train, but I had to give her my check account number. Yea right, anyone who gives their bank account number to a chinese person in switzerland without ever meeting them deserves to get scammed! come on people step ya game up

• Al
      15th of Sep, 2009

Thanks guys this keep me from getting scamed. Mine was sent by ING.

• Al
      15th of Sep, 2009

It makes me very mad that Careerbuilders allows such stuff on their site. I go to this site all the time looking for potential jobs.

• Gu
      27th of Oct, 2009

Here is another one - ACC Computer Trading & Consulting GmbH Company . They are all under the same scam.

• Ju
      13th of Dec, 2010

My scammer chose to call themselves TBC from Switzerland, Melissa Weiss was my "manager" responsible for training me to be an assistant manager. ahem. So all necessary paperwork was filled, signed, faxed and recived up until the moment where the clause in their hiring paperwork read "TBC has authority to transfer and withdraw funds as needed from my personal account". This time around, Melissa the scammer learnt to use a local number, registered in Ohio.
    Feel sorry for all individuals who got pulled in by this very well thought-after plan. And extremely sorry for those who passed their info to these thieves. I want to watch a 60 minute special on how they caught these scammers. Amen.