Timeshares Cancun-Mexico / Free Advices - Help

1 Mexico Review updated:

Dear reader,
There is no secret that tourism is the mayor industry in this area and with that comes Timeshares, an industry that worldwide has got a bad reputation by many, with high pressure sale pitches and even plain lies in order to make people to buy them and that it don’t work.
With that in one hand and in the other having the information that year 2006, 8% of all timeshares sold in the world were sold in Mexico and the developers says that their hotels has an average occupation higher then 70% with people using their timeshares… who is right?

Or is it that Timeshare just work for some people? Or can it be because no one actually is helping the owners of a Timeshare after their purchase?

With this in mind our bilingual Online newspaper CancunService.com started our column "Timeshare good or bad" together with our columnist Teresa Carillo and we are inviting you to write to her about your questions.

We only please you for one thing, that Ms. Carillo do this as a service to us all and she does it for free, a service that is unique and to remember she has nothing to do with any timeshare company/hotel and / or sales of timeshares.

You can reach Ms. Carillo by sending an email to: times@cancunservice.com

Comments

• He
      1st of Aug, 2008

you are so right sunset royal hotel in cancun missleade us and lie to us with a purchase of a timeshare making us sign frud papers and we are loosing 10.000.00

• Am
      25th of Aug, 2008

My fiance has a timeshare in cancun mexico awhich happens to be for sale is on the 6th floor overlooking the ocean. Is a 2BD/2 B Lockout unit availavle in Sept. for 2 wks, our sale price incvluded the annual fees and is avilable to use Sept 2008 for 2 wks. its sleeps 8-12 people and is for sale on buyandselltimeshares.com we have paid them 400$ and they list it on their site but NOT one potential buyer in 3mths its been on there. How can we sell it quick?? We have dropped the price from 35, 000 and now its 29, 000$. It has a kitchen, dining rm, 2 units able to be joined. and the yrly maint fee is less than 800$/yr
    Can you help? Is this company bunk and just rolling in the dough and not actually doing anything to help "sell" it. We saw it on tv and thought it was a plus and decided to pay them and list it there.

• De
      2nd of Nov, 2016

OH dear! I just run into this forum, I SOOOO invite you to read this article,

I think It will pretty much say everything that needs to be say.
    I went through a horrible experience with this resort, and I'm out of three thousand dollars right now BUT I'm in a process to cancel my timeshare.