Timeshare Westgate / Customer service awful!!!!!

1 NV, United States Review updated:

This is just a general customer service feedback about the general service delivered from Westgate. Whilst walking along Las Vegas Boulevard we were enticed into a shop who were a marketing team for Westgate resorts. We were told that if we were to go with them and sit through a tour so they can show us what condos they had to offer and the quality of their appartments( their main one being Flamingo bay) we would be rewarded with various gifts, wether we decided to sign up or not. Curious we agreed to go. We were taken to some office type buildings just above the M&M shop where we were asked to wait until an advisor was available. Originally we were told the whole experience would last 90 minutes, however we were left for half an hour until we were called for from the seating area. At this point we were taken through and asked if we wanted any drinks or sandwiches etc and there was a whole lot of food on offer for free which was nice. We then sat down with a very pleasant man who got to know us and then for the next hour and half told us all about owning a condo and timeshares and he was an absolute leisure to talk to, however it became apparent that this type of arrangement would not be financially justified in our current situation. Once the gentleman had spent the best part of nearly 2 hours trying to convince us, he eventually asked for his manager to come over just to ask if we were satisfied with the service provided. We were very honest and told the lady his manager how great his service was ( although by this time we had been in the building for 2 and a half hours, a whole hour more than what we had been told). At this point the lady went on to offer us more deals as we were "special" customers as we we from the uk, but when we further declined the gesture her mood quickly changed and she became extremely rude indeed. She became very insulting due to the fact we did not wish to make a financial commitment and left the table without saying goodbye. Originally we were told at the marketing store for the company we would receive a) a free meal at a restaurant of our choice for 2, b) free tickets to a show x2, c) $100 betting money in a casino. When the manager lady left she told us our gifts promised would be on the way any minute. 15 minutes later and we were still sat there whilst our salesman continued to try and persuade us on and on. At this point after being there for over 3 hours we were both starting to become quite agitated. We feel this 15 minute window was used as another opportunity to try and keep us there. Eventually another lady came round with some paperwork and went through our gifts we were promised. At this point she went on to try and offer us further "special" offers for being special clients and continued even more to hard sell their products to us. At this point I repeated the fact that we did not feel the product was right for us and we had been in the tour for nearly 3 hours. We we then taken to their office where we recieved our free gifts. The free meal of our choice was in fact $10.50 off a meal each, the free tickets to shows still included a charge of $5 approx but was for back seat rows and the charge was only for box office charges, the $100 betting voucher was for a casino out the way in the old town also. My wife and I are so angry at the manager in the building and couldn't be more insulting. We just want to let other people know who are curious about this company as we feel the 3 hours as a 1 on 1 tour was very intense indeed and although the customer service was good from the gentleman serving us we could not believe how awfully rude his manager was. I would hate anybody to experience this.

Ke
Apr 12, 2013

Comments

• Ri
      18th of Apr, 2013

In November 2009, we upgraded our timeshare to what we thought was a two-bedroom, three-bath at Westgate vacation villas. Well, truth be told, they switched it to a two-bedroom, two-bath standard. I was told that the proposal I signed or the floor plan I initialed which clearly stated, "Two-bedroom, Three-bath" didn't matter. What mattered was the truth in lending which has 2br/2bth. I advised the Customer Relations rep that I was not pleased with their bait and switch and advised I will be seeking legal counsel, you should do that too. I will also recommend you to read these articles about timeshare scams and how to get out of them: