Timeshare Solutions or Fairfield Resales / Stole $799 from me!

1 900 E. Karen Ave. Suite B210Las Vegas or Henderson, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702-733-1497

I am a co-owner of a timeshare at the Royal Solaris in Cancun Mexico. In January 2007 I received a post card from a company called Timeshare Solutions in Las Vegas offering to sell my timeshare. I called the listed phone number and spoke with someone who identified himself as “Norm Howard” and he explained to me that for a fee of $199 their company would sell my timeshare. He said if it did not sell in 9 months, I would get a full refund. I was hesitant to accept the offer so he said he would give me a break and lower the price to $99 and a he guaranteed a full refund if it did not sell. On January 17th 2007, I decided to take a chance and accepted their offer.

Nearly 9 months later on September 4th 2007, I received a call from someone who identified himself as “Bill Ellis” of Timeshare Solutions. He told me that my timeshare had been sold in a corporate deal with 9 other timeshares to a company called Ciba Geigy. I was told that they wanted to buy it for $20,900 even though I was only asking $18,000. The buyer and the seller would have to split the $1,400 closing costs which were to be paid up front. On that date, $700 was charged to my credit card. Bill assured me that I had nothing to worry about and it was a “done deal”. He said it would take between 45-60 days for the deal to be completed. I would then be sent disclosure papers which I would need to sign and return in order to receive my check for $20,900.

Approximately 9 weeks later I had not heard from them so on November 12th 2007 I called to inquire on the progress of the deal. I was unable to reach anyone so I left a message. A few days later on November 15 2007, I received a call from someone who identified himself as “Bob Downey” from Timeshare Solutions. He said everything was going fine and “Bill Ellis” should not have told me that it would take 45-60 days. He said that Bill had been reprimanded for that and it would take a couple of more weeks to finalize the deal. He again assured me that it was “a done deal” and I had nothing to worry about. I had not heard from them so 3 weeks later on December 3rd 2007 I called and left a message asking what was going on. Two days later my message was returned by Bob Downey and he said there was a problem with the deal because 1 of the 10 other owners of the timeshares that were involved with this deal, had apparently “lied on his application” and he was now ineligible. He said because it was a corporate deal, they would need to find a replacement timeshare so it would take more time.

I waited 6 more weeks without hearing from them so I called on January 28th 2008 and left another message. There was no reply. On February 4th I called the toll free number again [protected]) and got a message that said, “This number can not be reached from your calling area”. I have never had a problem prior to this. I then called the local number [protected]) and left yet another message for them to return my call ASAP. There was no reply. On February 7th 2008 I called the toll free number again and received a fast busy signal. Again I called the local number and left yet another message. There was no reply.

I then entered “Timeshare Solutions” into the Google search engine and found several other testimonies that had been recently posted with stories that were nearly identical to mine. On February 8th, 2008 I sent a letter to the address listed for Timeshare Solutions demanding that they cancel this “deal” immediately and give me a full refund in the amount of $799. My letter and phone calls have gone unanswered. Because of this fact, and the testimonies of others that I have found via the Internet, I believe that I have been the victim of a scam and I am willing to do anything to bring these thieves to justice and get my money back. Clearly there never was any “deal” and their intent from the beginning was to defraud me out of the money that I allowed them to charge on my account in good faith.

I truly hope that we can somehow join forces and bring these lying thieves to justice!

Comments

• Fe
      26th of Feb, 2008

I have a friend who is an attorney and plans to help me with this. I will send him your complaint also and see what he says.

• Ll
      10th of Mar, 2008

I am also a Fairfield timeshare owner that was contacted in January 2007 by Timeshare Solutions who had an offer on my timeshare. After over 1 year,I have paid them 599.00 to sell my timeshare at Williamsburg VA. I now find all pnones disconnected. If anyone is initiating a lawsuit against this company,please let me know.

• De
      14th of Mar, 2008

I too, have been cheated by this company, but my contact person is Nathan Jones, 877-235-9969, 386-441-4990. I too, would be interested if anyone is filing a lawsuit against them, I Lost 799. I took a chance because I was told Big show in Florida, there was a dead line to make the show. I have not heard from them sense October 2007.

• Ju
      17th of Mar, 2008

We are in the same boat as everyone else. We have the same names as the ones listed above with almost the same scenario. (Bill Ellis and Bob Downey) Our timeshare is located in Wisconsin Dells which was Tamarack and now bought out by Festiva so their claim that there was a small problem we thought was credited to the new buyout. They did the same thing as far as saying it was $99.00 and then when we received the papers stating they were offering us more than what we had it listed for they again said it was because of the "corporate" buyout. We are also out the $799.00 and we have been leaving messages emailing etc since October, 2007. We also ran into recently where the number is no longer "valid" tried to email and again was sent back to us as unable to accept. I am very frustrated as we also feel taken advantage of.

• Ro
      19th of Mar, 2008

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me

Time to stop stealing money from little old widows

ROSELEE STOCKER
    495 POST ROAD
    GREENLAND NH 03840-2320

(603 ) 436-9128

20th of Mar, 2008

WHY AREN'T THESE CROOKS LOCATED AND PROSECUTED. DON'T TELL ME THAT NO ONE IN OUR GOVERNMENT KNOWS THAT THESE SCAMS EXIST.

20th of Mar, 2008

WHY HAVEN'T ANY OF THESE CROOKS PROSECUTED?

20th of Mar, 2008

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY SPELLING?

20th of Mar, 2008

Why haven't these crooks been prosecuted?

20th of Mar, 2008

You should put these people in jail.

I GIVE UP.

20th of Mar, 2008

My story is the same BUT, I have some suggestions...

First - get your money back!! I paid the $550 fee on my Visa card. This turns out to be a brilliant move. Before I started contacting government agencies and lawyers I called the credit card company and told them that they had failed to deliver promised services and that now their email and telephone had been disconnected. I gave them the date and details of the charge from my statement and the dates I expected to have received the services. They credited my account the full amount!!!

They then just bill the bank that was stupid to give these guys the access to charge on Visa and it's now up to the local bank to go after them.

GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM VISA, GET THE LOCAL BANK ANGRY AT THEM!!!

Best of luck to all of you!
    Chris

• Je
      2nd of Apr, 2008

We totally got taken for the original $99 and then $425. Unfortunately by the time we paid "our 1/2 of the closing costs" they must've figured out about the credit card - we had to send a check. I would love to find a way to get this money back and stop these people from scamming others. They are such low lifes.

• Fa
      13th of May, 2008

Same thing happened to us. I am pursuing it now with my credit card company. I am grateful that I stumbled into this web site. Someone needs to put a stop to these scams.

20th of May, 2008

We are also in the same boat. We gave up after contacting the Real Estate Consumer's Bureau in Jan-Feb. 2008 because they said not to have jurisdiction over these "marketing" companies ...BUT...last week (May 2008) I received a similar call from a company called Resort Re-sales with a very similar story (The voice and pushy style sounded familiar). I followed their game and obtained another address that it is the same I found in a rip-off posted in another website. We had the same names (Bill Ellis and Bob Downey...and Norman) but this last time I got another name: Travis McLead. I asked about the possibility of using my credit card, but guess what?...this time they wanted a check for $400...no credit cards...maybe the local bank is already after them. I am going to pursuit with my credit card company and I hope it is not too late. Also, I would like to help stop these people. Has anybody contact another governmental agency?

• Ca
      23rd of May, 2008

we were contacted in September 2007 and we have had the same situation, pay upfront the closing costs, pay for the initial paperwork and now cannot reach anyone via the 1-800 number nor the email address. I would like to get my money back and have these people go to jail!!!

11th of Jun, 2008

The very same situation and the very same people !!
    What makes this so sad is I referred my sister and her Husband to this company. Now there are 2 families out of several hundred dollars. If anyone plans a lawsuit, count me in.

• Fr
      8th of Dec, 2008

Try putting in dispute with your credit card company. Usually they give 6 months to dispute for this type of fraud.

• Fr
      8th of Dec, 2008

Also the name of the owner of Timeshare Solutions in Jay Creighton Nady out of Las Vegas NV. He is actually the famous boxing referee and also owns a taxi company in Las Vegas. He should be the one your attorneys track down and confront. Best of luck!

• Je
      14th of Mar, 2013

I would recommend that all of you contact your state's consumer protection agency / unit of the DOJ. The more complaints these entities get, the more likely action will be taken.