Timeshare Solutions and Fairfield Resales / Stole my money promised sold my timeshare

1 900 E Karen Ave Ste B210Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-898-5413 & 702-733-147

am a owner of a timeshare at Fairfield Grand Desert in Las Vegas and Westgate Lakes in Orlando, FL. In January 2007 I received a phone call from a company called Timeshare Solutions with Fairfield Resales in Las Vegas offering to sell my timeshare. Since I owned a timeshare with Fairfield I thought this was my home resort calling and asking to sell my timeshare because of the growth and demand in the Vegas area. I spoke with someone who identified himself as “Norm Howard” and he explained to me that for a fee of $199 their company would sell my timeshare. He said if it did not sell in 9 months, I would get a full refund. I was hesitant to accept the offer so he said he would give me a break and lower the price to $99 and a he guaranteed a full refund if it did not sell. I told him I would have to talk with my husband and I would get back to him. I went on the internet and checked to make sure the address was valid and that such a company existed. I looked at the website and viewed the timeshares they were "selling" for other customers, everything appeared to be on the up and up. I decided to take a chance and accepted their offer.

Nearly 9 months later on September 13th 2007, I received a call from someone who identified himself as “Bill Ellis” of Timeshare Solutions. He told me that my timeshare had been sold. I was told that they wanted to buy it for $24, 640 even though I was only asking $18, 000. The buyer and the seller would have to split the $1, 400 closing costs which were to be paid up front. I asked why up front, I would pay as sonn as I got the closing papers and signed them, I would send my payment with the papers. On that date, $800 was charged to my credit card. Bill assured me that I had nothing to worry about and it was a “done deal”. He said it would take between 45-60 days for the deal to be completed. I would then be sent disclosure papers which I would need to sign and return in order to receive my check for $24, 640.

Approximately 9 weeks later I had not heard from them so on November 13th 2007 I called to inquire on the progress of the deal. I was unable to reach anyone so I left a message. A few days later on November 15 2007, I received a call from someone who identified himself as “Bob Downey” from Timeshare Solutions. He said everything was going fine and “Bill Ellis” should not have told me that it would take 45-60 days. He said that Bill had been reprimanded for that and it would take a couple of more weeks to finalize the deal. He again assured me that it was “a done deal” and I had nothing to worry about. I had a bad feeling, so I took my paperwork and went to my attorney's office and we made a phone call together on speaker phone, I was told that Bob was out of the office, or on lunch etc... we continued that afternoon to contact Bob and finally after 3 hours got through to him. Bob said this was the normal procedure for selling timeshares and quoted some legal jargon that even my attorney believed him. He told me that the disclosure papers are drawn up from someone they contract with and that they were backlogged with sales and must have fallen behind. I was informed to wait a couple more weeks and I should have the papers.

I waited 6 more weeks without hearing from them so I called on January 28th 2008 and left another message. There was no reply. In February I called the toll free number again [protected]) and got a message that said, “This number can not be reached from your calling area”. I have never had a problem prior to this. I then called the local number [protected]) and got a message saying this number is no longer in service. I went to the website that was on the paperwork I signed from Fairfield Resales and the site no longer existed.

I then entered “Timeshare Solutions” into the Google search engine and found several other testimonies that had been recently posted with stories that were nearly identical to mine. September 8th, 2008 I sent a letter to the address listed for Timeshare Solutions demanding that they cancel this “deal” immediately and give me a full refund in the amount of $799. I am awaiting a response, but highly doubt I will get one. Because of this fact, and the testimonies of others that I have found via the Internet, I believe that I have been the victim of a scam and I am willing to do anything to bring these thieves to justice and get my money back. Clearly there never was any “deal” and their intent from the beginning was to defraud me out of the money that I allowed them to charge on my account in good faith.

I truly hope that we can somehow join forces and bring these lying thieves to justice, and that stricter laws be enacted on Timeshare sales and resales so that people are not taken advantage of. A timeshare purchase or sale should not be any different than a real estate transaction and the same laws should be applied. If a timeshare owner wishes to sell their unit or week etc...the home base where they purchased the time share should either buy it back or attempt to sell it.

Comments

Wi
  15th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

report these scam artist to the folks at http://www.resaleripoffs.com. They have a help forum, do investigations, and fee recovery for timeshare owners that have been scammed. Basically reporting it there someone can do something about it. complaintboard.com is great but they don't nor can they do anything to help you.

Ch
  5th of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

LOOK ME UP: http://www.pbso.org/corrections/index.cfm?fa=blottersearchwp&requesttimeout=500&cp=C2A2466C6C9011E2EAA72D50E68EA465&start_date=12%2F20%2F2008&end_date=12%2F21%2F2009&last_name=Bailey&first_name=Charlotte&street_name=&city_name=&statute=&arrestingAgency=&recsperpage=5&process=Process+Search

concerned about the pubic giving their money away??? far from the truth!!! an expert in the timeshare scam field??????? correct!!! due to the fact that i am still currently work for one of these scam companies and stealing money from the innocent!!!

Charlotte Dina Bailey, Charlotte Indina Bailey, Charlotte Indina Sweat Bailey, Indina Sweat, Dina Sweat…you get the picture right. Well after a little public records search in Palm Beach County Florida where she actually called me from I found out that this woman…if you would call her that, has a long history of domestic violence, drug abuse, prostitution, child neglect, and theft. Keep in mind this is all public information. Dating all the way back to 1983 where she caught a felony drug case that got her a small bit of county jail time and what they called drug offender probation. Well old girl didn’t learn her lesson, and violated that probation and did a little bit more jail time. Then on to the domestic violence. There were two reports of that and in both cases the court determined that she had lied. Now we have some of my favorite…more drug charges. Precious little Charlotte got pulled over for careless driving, and apparently the officer thought something was wrong and decided to search her car. Well low and behold there was enough drugs in that care to make it a felony traffic issue. Charlotte found some sad sack that would post bail and then she never showed up in court. A warrant was issued and she was later picked up on a solicitation charge…that’s right folks, prostitution. She was hauled in and she stayed at the county jail for 8 months waiting to see a judge. After 10 months they gave her time served. Hey folks it doesn’t stop there. She managed to straighten up for a bit and only received a suspended license charge. Now after that, some idiot thought that she may have some redeeming qualities and decided to knock her up, and she wasn’t a spring chicken. With an infant child named Leona, Charlotte seemed to be preoccupied and didn’t have time to get caught, until her daughter was a few months old, then the Department of Children and Family Services came in and took that little baby away. Why? Why would anyone do that? Well because Charlotte has a fondness for living in filth, not feeding or bathing the child and using a variety of drugs in her presence. Not just her but the poor schmuck Jeffery E. Hopp. They are both using drugs in front of a little baby. Charlotte’s daughter is a ward of the state, and the woman is in her 40’s. Good grief. The best part of it is that if you read in each court case, she says she was indigent, couldn’t afford a lawyer, and I am thinking to myself…what did you do with the 2, 000.00 that I gave you…oh wait the police report says that you bought crack cocaine with it….hmmm well I will sum it up: she is a filthy, manipulative, money, grubbing, lying, gutter whore. The state of florida is working on getting my money back. And they have her information. I take comfort in knowing that Karma is a ### and this woman’s problems are far from over.

Ti
  14th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

Timeshare Solution, Timeshare Solution Realty, and BML Marketing Company, Inc are all the same company. Their address's are as follows:
1300 Ocean Shore Blvd Ormond Beach, FL 32176
1548 Ocean Shore Blvd Ormond Beach, FL 32176
1186 Ocean Shore Blvd Ormond Beach, FL 32176

Their website says it all. This is a direct quote from their website. www.timesharesolution.com and www.timesharesolution.net

"Thus, we have determined that for purposes of Section 721.20(9)(2) of the Florida Statutes, that our sale percentage for the prior 2 year period is less than 1/10th of 1%. We strongly feel that this statistic is grossly irrelevant."

Some Phone Numbers to avoid.
877-235-9969

18th of Mar, 2010

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of D+

Th
  16th of Jun, 2010

*TIMESHARE SOLUTION* is NOT *Timeshare Solution(s)* -- Two unaffiliated companies.
We are in no way and have never been in business with the popular scammer with the S.

Regarding TimeshareOwner...
this user is our ex-employee and cannot be trusted. He has bounced from company to company and we believe he is working with "Marketing Direct Timeshare Services" which we last knew to be scamming people from the owners own home.

As a word of warning, we advise our clients and potential clients to stay away from companies that ask for an upfront fee. We have not and will never do that sort of contract.

If you check our BBB rating currently, it is being revised, as we had invalid complaints that were associated with.. once again.. "timeshare solutions" Our new rating should be up within a few weeks, as we are working one becoming BBB Accredited.

"less than 1/10th of 1%" is purely legal speak. please take that accordingly

We are required by state legislature to provide those words. While we do not keep records of our sales, we would like timeshare owners to know that it is nearly impossible to keep track of any forms of contact or sales we have made through the websites. Our agents work to sell, and we have a showroom, but our clients are able to sell their properties without us. We do not limit our clients by an exclusivity contract, and we will refund the cost of advertising if the property is sold within a % of the asking price on our sites.