Timeshare / Rip Off

1 2700 W. Cypress Creek Rd Suite C-106, Ft Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-613-5315

The company told us they had a buyer for our timeshare when they contacted us over two months ago to assist in selling our timeshare. Since that date the woman working with us, Bethany, has not contacted us back nor have any of the company supervisors or representatives to handle our issues.
We have attempted several times over the last month to contact and speak with anyone at this company who was in charge with no results..."Sir, Robert is busy now, let me leave him a message and he'll call you back"...no call still waiting over a month now. "Sir, Michelle is on the other line, she will be available in about 45 minutes. Could you leave me your name and telephone number and I will have her call you back immediately"...no call back a month later.
As for Bethany, who was with another company, left that company and was hired on at ICare Timeshare and contacted my wife to have this company sell our timeshare. We have not heard back from anyone at this company who stated they had a buyer and the paperwork was being processed to sell our timeshare for $21, 000 plus or some insane price.
This company like the other two we have tried are SCAMS, they get your sellers fee from you and you never hear from them again. These places need to be regulated by the government or shut down. This industry will be the next downfall of our countries economy. The owners of these timeshare properties are getting richer by the day as the owners who can only use them on occassions or at certain times, continue to pay their sorry buttS!!!

Comments

• Ge
      25th of Aug, 2009

BEFORE THEY HAD THIS NAME THIS COMPANY WAS CALLED EXECUTIVE TIMESHARES. DURING A TIME WHEN I WAS VERY ILL THEY CALLED WITH THE SAME LINE-- WE HAVE SOMEONE INTERESTED IN YOUR PROPERTY WE WILL SEND YOU THE FORMS. I SIGNED AND NEVER GOT A CALL RETURNED AND LOST MY MONEY. LIKE THE COMPLAINANT ABOVE, I DIDN'T LEARN MY LESSON AND PAID OUT MORE MONEY TO TWO OTHER COMPANIES WHO WERE SURE THEY COULD MAKE SALES FOR INFLATED PRICES. I WAS IN NEED OF CASH SO I WENT AHEAD AND SIGNED TWO ADDITIONAL CONTRACTS. THIS YEAR AS I HAVE BEEN RECUPERATING I HAVE GIVEN BACK TWO TIMESHARES TO THEIR RESPECTIVE COMPANIES TO AVOID THE MOUNTING MAINTENANCE FEES. THIS WAS A STORY OF MY BEING AN EASY MARK AND OF PREDATORY BEHAVIOR ON THE PART OF THREE DISTINCT TIMESHARE BUYING COMPANIES-- ODDLY ALL IN FLORIDA!!!

• Ig
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Oh my gosh, I am in the exact predicament as you are. This is wrong. They called me last fall, and sucked me in for $441 and just recently for $321. These companes are related. ICARE Timeshare Marketing Group and Executive, "yeah they merged." says Javier. ICARE took over. I never did get any calls back from Executive, or from ICARE, now I know why. They are not listed with BBB as of right now. I'll keep the condo for all this hassle and rippoff!

• Ig
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I found them on BBB. Executive Timeshare Marketing has an "F" rating and Icare has a "B-.'

• Ru
      10th of Sep, 2009

We too were sucked into an automatic withdrawal of $399.00 back in June because it was their "peak season" and alot of Canadians would be looking to buy. Here it is middle of September and have not ever heard from a "John Ayers" who was the one with all the big talk. Any time I have called for him, I always get this "he's closing on a sale" or he is simply not available and someone else takes the call only to tell me they have had "several inquiries". After reading these comments I feel really stupid to have been lurked in by the sales pitch.

• Ti
      14th of Sep, 2009

The owner of this company is same owner of IBD marketing. IBD marketing was closed and took money from seller. They will guarantee to sell your time share within 6 months but after you paid, you will not hear from them again and finally company is closed.
    I don't know why government isn't look into this...

• Ki
      4th of Oct, 2009

You all should be reporting this to your attorney general of your state. I reported iCare Timeshare Marketing Group to the Florida Attorney General who stated that they collect the complaints to build their case for the consumers against these groups. Please do not hesitate to do this not only for your sakes but for the sakes of other consumers looking to sell their timeshares in desperate situations.

Mary Kiler
    Lake Worth, FL

• Jd
      15th of Oct, 2009

My mother received a call with the same line and I told her I'd deal with it. After researching, I found this company is nothing more than a scam. "Robert" would need $688...for me he was willing to do $344 now, $344 after the sale is complete. Red Flags were that he had a ready buyer for both timeshares, the prices were ridiculously more than anything I could find in the resale market, he needed money upfront "because we're not real estate agents, we must be paid upfront", and when I said I was currently on the computer looking into the company his voice started to shake and he pressed hard for the money (that's when he offered the $344 now, $344 later deal). They are going after people that really need the money. My mother was excited and was happy she'd be able to pay off some bills...and here comes Robert with a seller willing to pay $22, 000 plus reimburse the $688. If it sounds too good to be true...it is. Beware of I Care Timeshares - all the employees should be sent to prison.

• Di
      14th of Nov, 2009

we just had a call from Robert Hernandez with Icare Timeshares. He stated he had a buyer for ours and we wanted $288 upfront. But because we were looking them up as we were talking to him we were able to stop him dead in his tracks. The call ended pretty quickly

• Pi
      10th of Dec, 2009

I'm in same boat, robert hernandez (no capital letters for this scam er) suck me 699 one time fee for sell my timeshare and I never hear from him after I paid that fee. How can I make complain to state of Florida Attorney General?

• Dc
      27th of Jan, 2010

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! for all of this information about iCare Timeshares. I was contacted just this morning by telephone after I filled in my name on a questionairre about selling or renting my timeshares. When the information got more demanding than I cared to give out online I closed the page, but apparently they got my name and phone number anyway. Needless to say we will not do any business with this company. A Don Cassata is supposed to be sending me a contract to sign, but I will not sign it, nor will I send them any money up front. I can't afford to be taken. I really appreciate all of these comments that have been posted.

• Po
      13th of Feb, 2010

I initially was contacted by icare Timeshare in August 2009 offering to sell my timeshare, they told me that I only needed to give 199.00 dollars but instead took nearly 900.00 without my consent. I was able to get this additional charge back through my bank. iCare Timeshare contacted me again a few weeks ago telling me that they had rented my timeshare but that I needed to give them 699.00 dollars first. Javier Vega, the "representative" from iCare said that he would not take the money out of my account before the rent check of over 5, 000.00 was sent to me. I never received a check from them but Javier and his "brother" Mitchell Brown took the money out of my account and insisted that what they had done was legal because they had me on tape. This is a scam, do NOT FALL FOR THESE CLOWNS and keep your money away from them.

• Ki
      1st of Apr, 2011

This message is for the one searching to contact the AG for Florida and that website is www.myfloridalegal.com. If enough complaints go to the Attorney General it raises a flag to them to investigate and pursue legally for Florida Consumers and prosecute. This pertains also to any state any one of you are in. The AG can only work for you if you tell them. If you write it only here then you will never get the satisfaction of justice you should get. What ICare is doing is wrong and they should be held accountable.