Timeshare Division GMAC / False Promise, etc

1 7121 Grand National DriveOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-805-4622

This guy named Mr. Martin was calling me for months, saying that they sell timeshares face to face, the way I bought mine. I told him I listed my properties with two other timeshare resellers with not even a call back. He swore up and down that he GMAC Timeshare was different because they had buyers from companies coming in and that he could get rentals done if not the sales done almost ASAP. Of course, he and his manager stopped answering phones and Mr. Martin said he was sick and out of the office after I called so many times.
Don't waste money listing with any of these timeshare resellers. I've tried three of them and they haven't presented ANY offers. If they want money up front to LIST, tell them screw themselves.
By the way, after listing with Timeshare GMAC, I received two phone calls from other resellers. THIS IS A SCAM IN FLORIDA.

Ho

Comments

• Ts
      30th of Apr, 2009

Just a thought, we bought several timeshare from GMAC, if you really want your timeshare SOLD, you would think that you would POST positive thoughts, your property info and a link to their site. You are damaging yourself and a reputable company. Spend some time promoting your property online and link them to the gmac so they can handle the negotiations... Remember savvy shoppers like myself search for the BEST deals online and are attracted to good reviews... not complaints.. Just my 2 cents. Good luck though, it might atke some time in this economy but if it is priced right an offer will come!

• Da
      7th of May, 2009

United States of America (Press Release) February 27, 2009 -- Erika Ives
    1-888-805-GMAC ext. 114

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TIMESHARE DIVISION GMAC REAL ESTATE RECEIVES NATIONAL AWARD FOR BEING TOP 10 COMPANY

source: FPR

Orlando, FL, 2/27/2009 — Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate based in Orlando was honored with an award as one of the Top 10 companies world wide during 2008. The award was presented at the GMAC Real Estate Business Conference in the Caribbean in February.

“I’m proud to present this award for outstanding achievement to Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate, ” said John Bearden, president of GMAC Real Estate. “ This award represents a deep commitment to excellence, hard work and Premier Service® delivered by the Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate team. Their professionalism and dedication ensures that the expectations of their customers and clients are exceeded.”

Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate specializes in providing timeshare marketing services around the world. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is located at 5389 S Kirkman Rd. Suite 103-106 Orlando, FL 1-888-805-GMAC. For additional information, go to www.gmactd.com.

-End-

For more information:
    Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate 5389 South Kirkman Rd Ste 103-106 Orlando, FL 32819 1-888-805-GMAC www.gmactd.com

• Sp
      9th of Jun, 2009

just wondering if u got your money back if they didnt sell your time share. I dont care if they sell it or not as long as if they dont sell it i get my money back. there tring to get me to sell mine as we speak, they want $699.00.

• Bl
      22nd of Jun, 2009

They wanted $1000 from me, up front. Scam artists. The first two comments above are so obviously placed by someone at GMAC real estate, it's embarrassing. Simple economics: if a timeshare was worth X when you bought it, and now (years later) it's worth 1/2X, and GMAC is promising to get it sold for 3X (FOR ONLY $1000 UP FRONT) you can bet the equation doesn't add up.

• Ph
      9th of Aug, 2009

This is a scam and I don't believe that they received an award. I haven't received one call for my timeshare to rent. I had 3 weeks last year and I've had one week to rent this year.

Stay away from these con artists and put your money in the bank.

• Ph
      9th of Aug, 2009

This is definately a SCAM. I had 3 weeks to rent last year and nothing happened. I have had one week this year to rent and nothing yet. I asked for my money back and all they say is "YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT". I asked for upper Management and the Manager a Customer Service says that he is the ony one there, he has no Manager.

Don't get involved with GMAC TIMESHARES DIVISION. BIG RIP-OFF.

• Mr
      13th of Aug, 2009

I joined GMAC Timeshare Div and it was the best thing that ever happen to me. They rent my property in the first month, that was 5 years ago they even explain me how to buy x-tra weeks and now I'm making about 9000.00 xtra each year by renting those weeks. Thank you GMAC Timeshare Div. Happy Customer from PR

• Wo
      21st of Aug, 2009

When a company presents itself as a sales organization they should follow up with actual sales. I believe that all of these "positive comments" are employees of the company trying to drown out the negative ones. This is another example of a corporate scam. Think ENRON.

I paid to have my property listed by GMAC TimeShare Division on 7/31 after being called numerous time Chris Peck. After I paid I had to call a number of times to get the contract. I finally received a contract by email on 8/19. My name was wrong, my address was wrong, and the name of the timeshare was wrong.

I called the supervisor, Frankie Martinez, to get a refund becausd they were obviously not marketing my timeshare. He told me I could not get a refund because the contract I received on 8/19 said I had 7 days to ask for a refund. He also told me that he had been marketing my timeshare which is impossible because he did not have the correct name for the timeshare or even my correct name on the contract.

I WILL be filing a complaint with the BBB, the Chamber of Commerce and Ebay, which was how I paid. If there is a whistleblower TV Station in Florida I will call them too. I'm also calling an attorney.

As far as I'm concerned THIS IS DEFINITELY A SCAM.

• Lo
      6th of Oct, 2009

You are all crazy! I don't work for GMAC and this is not a fake testimonial. I do believe in GMAC as far as marketing my timeshare goes. I paid the fee of $1599 for my three timeshares with Wyndham. I was very successful at renting because I took it upon myself to book big events coming to certain areas ie.. I booked the Daytona 500 wk for the past 2 yrs and it rented out no problem. If you have the resort booked yourself then GMAC would be the most successful at renting it. Take it upon yourself and book time at popular locations and it is a guarantee that GMAC will be able to rent it out. This year they actually partnered up with Travelocity which is another great thing. HELLO!! do you really think they would have such a great partnership if they were a scam?

Sincerely, M. Hayden

• Sk
      12th of Oct, 2009

GMAC big SCAM EVER False promises no follow up just take your money and disappear
    I was told they can rent each week 1800$ at least i was lowering the amount every three months it's been more than two years now no rent even 500$ asking price no sale and no follow up what so ever GMAC SCAM SCAM SCAM Poep[le be carful

• Pa
      8th of Dec, 2009

i just got a call from gmac too . telling me that they can rent my timeshare for 3000.00 a week of course i need topay 699.00 fee . but i told him to call m e back for an answer, now that i read this complaints i really dont want them to rent my time share .. i dont know what to do please help

9th of Dec, 2009

you should call back im a member and i have gotten rentals b 4 i was just checkin out the site to c ho they were doin this is fake reports from other companys like time shares by owners my agent helped me get my mny back from them if you want to too call 8887504266 ex154 he helped me thanx

• Ro
      10th of Dec, 2009

Us too! After many solicitations from all the resales companies we were contacted by GMAC. They talked a great game. They're in Orlando, the timeshare mecca. They go to all the events, they are the biggest in the world, they wouldn't jeopardize GMAC's name, bla bla, bla. We were finally CONvinced after many calls from one of their associates, (BTW, the price dropped each time thay called us back), so we pulled the trigger. Within 10 minutes of paying by credit card, my bank's fraud department called me to notify me of the transaction in an amount nearly $350 more than our agreed price for them to market/rent our points.
    Much to my dismay I immediately called GMAC back. They apologized and said it was an error by the person inputting our info. Yeah right. We stopped the transaction.
    The next day I received numerous calls from customer service managers and the sales director profusely apologizing and wanting to do anything to earn our business.
    After a couple of days of difficult pondering, (we really want to rent our points) I called back and restarted the deal. Well, at least they got the price right the second time.
    All of this was in late August. We had 95, 000 points to rent remaining this year, and have not received one call or offer. We did receive one insulting offer for a week in 2010, which we aren't even marketing with tem at this time.

• Aw
      15th of Dec, 2009

I had a similar experience with GMAC. I have not yet called to get my money back, for several reasons. It is somewhat comforting to know that I am not alone. Does anyone know of a FLA law intended to combat these scams? My GMAC salesman actually told me about this law, after I told him about another company (REM) that had taken $1300 from me last year.

• He
      15th of Dec, 2009

Yes, so I see there are many people who agree.
    By the way, those people who disagree and say that GMAC Timeshares Division has helped them, WHAT ARE YOU DOING LOOKING AT THE COMPLAINTS BOARD?
    Every time I call GMAC Timeshares and ask them what's going on, I get the same crap anser.

If anyone is still not sure what to do when contacted by GMAC Timeshares Division in regards to having them resell your timeshare, you need a smack.
    DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.

• Bu
      17th of Dec, 2009

This is retarted. I became aware of this website after a friend of mine told me about this. I went thru gmac and have never had any problems. They rented out both of my weeks without a problem. I cant even belive this site is even hear. Think what you want but they are right when they tell you if they werent doing there job wouldent they be all over the news... come on people u guys are retarted.

• Ho
      17th of Dec, 2009

Budda52307, as a person who has an autistic son, I really resent the use of the word "retarted."

By the way, I think your comments would hold more weight if you checked your spelling and your word usage... seems like you're not educated.

• Kn
      21st of Dec, 2009

NEVER PAY UP FRONT FRONT FOR ANYONE TO RENT YOUR PROPERTY! No matter how good the sales scam is - you don't need to!

A legit rental company or a legit Realtor will take a commission or a fee on what they sell at the time of sell or signing, based upon the legal contract that you sign that enables them to transfer the property for the period agreed.

Contrary to to the fast talking GMAC sales hawks, THERE IS NO FLORIDA LAW that makes it illegal for them to conduct business in a normal legitimate manner. If you pay them up front and they have your money, there is no incentive for them to do anything for you - even answer your phone calls!

If and when you pay, for any timeshare services like these, always pay on a Credit Card (not Debit Card) so you can dispute the charge within the 30 or 60 days if the service promised does not meet your expectations.

If the State Florida didn't make so much money out of the huge timeshare scam that largely finances the State, the legislators there might actually pass a law to regulate the industry! Till then, just hang up on the corruption!

• Le
      30th of Dec, 2009

I signed my contract on February 25, 2009. Ten months later not an offer, nibble on either the rental or sale. As my sale price stands right now at "any offer considered" and in 2 month not a single offer. GMAC has done nothing for me that I would consider valuable.

2nd of Jan, 2010

gmac timeshare division rented out my mayan property in 30 days, i think you guys must be thinking of another company