Timeshare

Posted: Oct 18, 2013 by

Custom Vacations Mexico scam

Custom Vacations Mexico
Mexico
The Custom Vacations Mexico scam is basically another example of timeshare fraud in Mexico. Custom Vacations Mexico scammed me for over $20, 000 (United States Dollars) last April. I cannot complain enough about their poor services and even poorer morals. They claim to have the most advanced rental system that the vacation industry has ever seen. What they do have is the most advanced rip off artists the timeshare industry has ever seen. Every time that I contact them I am told that they are simply overwhelmed and that's why my request is taking so long. I paid over $20, 000 dollars and was promised a ROI within 3 months, six months later I have received nothing. I can´t believe that Custom Vacations Mexico scammed me and that I fell into their little fraudulent trap. Do not do anything with this company, they will not rent your weeks.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country Mexico Complaint category Travel & Vacations

Comments

N  24th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
Timeshare fraud warning! Custom Vacations Mexico scammed me too. They told me they could rent my timeshare with a week using their cutting edge renting system. It was all just a lie, they are yet to rent my weeks and I am yet to receive any of the promised income. Steer clear of this timeshare rental business, Custom Vacations Mexico is a scam.
N  31st of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am a member of VIDA which is the Grand Mayan Resorts. I own 3 “Grand Luxxe” level weeks per year. Last year (2014), I used 2 weeks and wanted to sell my 3rd week. I contacted Ivan Segal, Member Services, at The Grand Mayan in Cabo San Lucas. Ivan emailed me a “Property Managers” PDF which listed 3 vacation rental companies. I was on the phone with Ivan and he recommended using Golf Network by CVM. I contacted this company and spoke to a lady named Emma. She said that there was a one-time fee of $599.00 plus tax so about $650.00 total. I paid this by credit card and she emailed me a contract with this company which was dated October 25, 2013. I authorized Emma to sell one of my 2014 weeks. She told me that they would and keep me informed. I contacted them twice since and spoke to Emma again. She said that they did not sell the week yet. I recently contacted this company and found that no one answered the phone there. I checked their websites and they were no longer active. I sent 3 emails and none of them were responded to. I contacted VIDA reservations and explained my situation. I was told by a gentleman there that other members had also complained about this company. VIDA recommended this company first amongst the 3 that they sent me. I am very frustrated and angry and feel ripped off of not only $650.00 but also lost one of my 2014 weeks. I could have gone through other means to sell that week or use it myself. The current maintenance fee is $1085.00 per week. Therefore, I am out over $1700.00 for 2014. Does anyone have any recourse? The only thing that that VIDA representative kept repeating is “Yes, I understand sir” which he said at least 5 times but offered no other help or info. Thank you for any help or guidance available.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree