Times of India / Irregular stoppage of supply

1 India

I am a founder member of Times of India Chennai edition. I was approached in the year 2008 by the representatives of the TI and was enrolled as a subscriber. I have been making regular payments since then and the all the payments have been made by me through bank cheques. The details of Cheque Payments made are as follows:
1. Cheque No:416647 Corporation Bank - A sum of Rs.299/- debited from account on 4.10.2008 in favour of "BENNETT COLEMAN" [for the year Jan 2009 to Dec 2009];
2. Cheque No: [protected] Canara Bank: A sum of Rs.299/- debited from account on 15.10.2009 in favour of "BENNETT" [for the year Jan 2010 to Dec 2010];
3. Cheque No: 416655 Corporation Bank - A sum of Rs.299/- debited from account on 18.09.2009 in favour of "BENNETT COLEMAN" [for the year Jan 2011 to Dec 2011];and
4. Cheque No: 416660 Corporation Bank - A sum of Rs.299/- debited from account on 5.5.2011 in favour of "BENNETT COLEMAN" [for the year Jan 2012 to Dec 2012].
When the last cheque was demanded by the Newspaper Agent, he was informed by me that i am a founder member and i used to remit the cheques only in the final quarter of each year and why again a cheque is demanded during the early part of the year? He said the cheque goes in the name of Bennett coleman" only and there will be no problem for accounting etc. However, the same Newspaper Agent : K.Babu Newspaper Agencies, 28/30 Parthasarathy Street, Purasawalkam, Chennai 600007 [Mobile No:[protected]] started pressurising me for another cheque stating that the earlier cheque is only for year 2011 and for contined supply of newspaper i have to make another payment for the year 2012. He already collected all the Coupons along with the Book from me and so i cannot argue with him except by informing him that the payment is for the whole year 2012. In the meanwhile a representative from the Times of India viz., Sri.Kartik [Mobile No:[protected]] visited my house and got the whole details once again from me and assured to intervene. But there was no action from him to set right the issue. However, all of a sudden, the Newspaper Agency stopped supply of newspaper from 23rd April, 2012, even though my subscription is valid up to December 2012. This is highly irregular. I am put to lot of mental agony due to the sudden stoppage of newspaper. I want that a reputed a newspaper concern like Times of India intervene effectively and commence supply of paper immediately.