Times of India / Times of India subscription in chennai

1 India Review updated:

I subscribed fot the Times of India in chennai before their launch, but till now i have not recieved any copy at my residence.

Times of India started their circulation on 14 March 08 in chennai. My order number is 2058424.

I have logged complaint to their customer care 5 times Complaint nos. 27384, 31023, 32214, 34060 and 34573 respectively.

Every time i get response that it will start from tomorrow onwards but there is nothing i recieved.

Comments

• Si
      25th of Oct, 2006
    Times of India - Order not delivered in full

To Whomsoever can help out,

Having seen an advertisement in the Times of Inida wherein they have started giving special offers relating to a variety of products, my eye caught one particular ad where a person would recieve a Motorola A630 communicator, a JAVA Bluetooth headset alongwith Rs.4000 worth of accessories i.e A moble leather case, a car charger, data cable and handsfree kit.....thats was not all if i was one of the first 100 i would also get a vivatar camera free..All this was for an amount of 9990 + shipping charges a grand total of Rs.10,240.

When i called to make an inquiry the person who took it promised me that i was also going to get the camera as i was indeed one of the first 100 customers ....now this was confirmed by not only myself but my uncle and my father as well. that was one of the main reasons we decided to place the order.

Now payment was made in full by cheque ...and upon clearence i was supposed to get the package in 15 days.

When i got the initial package i discovered that i was missing the leather mobile case as well as the car charger and also the camera which was promised to me .

When i asked the delivery man he stated that he was just the middleman ....i then called the post sale query number ie 1800-102-8888 as well as the number on which i placed the order ie 022-67031414 and i was told the same thing at both numbers that someone would look into the matter and give me a call back but that i was not to worry as the entire order didnt come as one package and that i would receive it in a couple of days..

I waited for almost a week when i called the numbers again, i did not only receive very rude behaviour from the advisor but also from the manager as well.. at first the advisor stated that my order number MUM 24091110 stated that i was only supposed to get the mobile and the headset . after clarifying futher he then said that what i had said was right.

Now when i spoke to the manager he simply said that in my order and the details he had in front of him there was nothing stated that i should recieve a camera as well and that he would get back to me regarding the rest of the accessories i was supposed to receive...

This is not only robbery but false advertising and misleading to the public as well, especially if it has the backing of such a brand as the Times of India...

This incident which still hasnt been resolved has not only broken my faith in this brand name but in the entire system of placing orders through such offers .

10th of Mar, 2008

there is nothing in reliance for reliance .they just ditch the custmores

reliance communication has no strategy how to stay after 10 years in corporate

10th of Mar, 2008

you r only the silver ray for us

• Ku
      4th of Aug, 2008

Hi

In Chennai it more or less turns out to be a farce. I made an enquiry over SMS and also over phone. I was contacted in 2-3 days and the Customer Care person took all the details. This was in mid Jun 2008. Now 1-1/2 months have passed and no sign of any one calling me. They told I would receive a coupon gift and then the paper will come thru my news agent. They also collected my news agent name.

It seems that they have not even contacted this news agent even over phone.

To my surprise they even now say that I never ever contacted them in the first place! Looks like they lost all data of selected customer (I mean prospective customers!)

Please dont fall in the trap Afterall the TOI may only be doing an Advt excercise to promote awareness- nort really bothered to serve customers!.

• Al
      13th of Aug, 2008

Hi Everybody,

Unknowingly I subscribed Times of India in Chennai for 6 months, I ordered this stupid on the Month of February (where else the news paper started publishing only on April 14th) but so far today is 13th of August I have never received a single news paper.

I called these customer service people for more than 20 times (but it was just a waste of my money and time) and even I have sent more than 5 emails but I haven’t received even a singly reply mail from them IT’s REALLY A VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE... Every time when I call them they say that it will be delivered by tomorrow morning but nothing happened so far.

I really don’t know where to go ahead and complain about this ### news paper.

EVERYBODY, PLEASE DON'T EVER SUBSCRIBE TO THIS NEWS PAPER...They really don’t know that they are doing there.

Because IT SUCK's... I thought of writing mmore indecent words but since its an public forum... Thats all about it.

• Cl
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Times of INDIA - Un Responsible, Cheats to customers.
    I had TOI subscription for 6 months and after 2.5 months, they have stopped delivering papers.
    Filed a complaint -- Number 202135 to local TIMES office (ph. no. 040-23355335) couple of times but no action taken, they feel sorry but don't do anything.
    They gave me couple of numbers but no one acts on this complaint.

TOI SUCKS.

24th of Oct, 2009
    Times of India - Failure of delivering the product
    Online shopping of timesindia

Hiii

I have purchased Health Combo ( 799/- + 150/- )product on 1st of Oct 2009 which is advertised on the times of India paper ( Chennai Branch ) and made payment through my ICICI Credit Card

Amount Paid through ICICI credit card - 949/-

Customer Care Executive: shilpa

My order number 200910011031373

8th Oct 2009 received call from Mr.Bhaskar ( 09381825497 ) First Flight Courier Services.
    He( First flight ) got my order but in COD mode so he is asking for payment. and he returned the product

Gave complaint ( 8th Oct 2009 )to Customer Care - 1221
    Customer Care Executive: Neelam

I have kept many mails but bounced back and made many calls but i was unable to reach the customer care.

Regards
    Maruthi S
    Selaiyur
    Chennai -73

• Ji
      6th of Feb, 2010

I have subscribed for The Times of India, Chennai Edition, in NOV 2009. I am yet to receive my first copy as on 06/02/2010. My order no is NAC062557.
    I have lodged complaint & reported the issue to customer care (Comp. No. 266990), also send an email to crm.chennai@timesgroup.com. After several follow-up calls, I was told to contact Area Executive Mr. Muthu, he also gave me false commitment & never turned up.
    I am spending more than cost of news paper every day by calling these dumb & careless people. They don’t even have or not willing to give the escalation metrics.
    Its horrible experience

• Ra
      3rd of Aug, 2010
    Times of India - not issued the complimentry copy
    udupi store
    India

Today (03.08.2010) i bought times of india near Vidyapeeta circle the Shop Name is UDUPI STORES i havent receveid the complimentary copy of bangalore mirror.
    I just asked over to the vendor their is an complimentary copy given to the customer
    he said the vendor hasnt given to us i want the feed back to me as i am regular reader of this news paper

29th of Aug, 2011

Only one solution for this kind of problem we are complaint the consumer court. in my point of view it is a good remedy. But it will take some time.
    THQ

• Ve
      24th of Nov, 2011
    Times of India - Delivery issue
    India

I am Venu. The sales person Nath - 919959599592 came to my house in Trimulgherry, Hyderabad-AP and I paid the amount for Times News paper on 16/10/201. He said the paper will be deliver from Nov 1st but till now I did not received the paper. I called him several times and he used to say every time that the paper will be delivered from the next day. Now he is not even lifting my number. My Times of India payment receipt copy number is 349078.

I kindly request the authorized person to resolve this issue.

28th of Nov, 2011

I am an original subscriber to TOI in Chennai, from the beginning. However, It was not delivered on many days as in Sept- Oct 2010 for over 17 days, in middle of March 2011 for over 10 days, recently on 17th Nov 2011, I think and sometimes in between particularly on Sundays.
    The delivery boy comes in a 2 wheeler between 8.15 and 8.30 AM ( who wants it that late !! ), takes a swift turn in front of my house without pausing and throws it, often all the pages being spread all over my car porch and invariably landing in the pool of water collecting around the porch !!
    The TOI office is far away. I complained to RRE P.Akasa Murthy on # 044-245327846 with no reply. RRE Code :- C R 2108, Depot name:- Anr ( ? meaning ANNANAGAR, Chennai ), Dealer Name Murugadas ( His code is Blank ), Another Tel. No. mentioned in the Order-cum-Receipt is :- 044-259114649.
    My Address :- Dr. Mohan George, W-267, 12th street, Annanagar West Est Extension, Chennai -600 101. Tel No: 044-26150800/ Mobile : 9840047941, E-Mail: dr_mohang@hotmail.com

28th of Nov, 2011

Please Take immediate action on the above complaint.
    Dr.Mohan George # 98400 47941/ 044- 26150800/ dr_mohang@hotmail.com

My Order No: NAF 008603
    Dr.Mohan George

8th of Dec, 2011
    Times of India - Magazine delivery

Hi,
    I'm a subscriber of Times of India from Adambakkam, Chennai and I have done a annual subcription through Stephen News mart who was the agency of TOI. I have a done a subsciption in the month of May'11
    Since Dec'11 I'm not receiving the magazine and the said agency is not responding to the calls too. When I checked in the address of Stephen news mart, agency not exists.
    Need assistance TOI and expecting a reply by mail - siva_n26@yahoo.com

12th of Jan, 2012

I have Ordered my yearly subscription on 5th dec 2011 and I was told that news paper will be delivered from jan 1st 2012 but it isn't till now(12th jan) . I have called to customer care more than 5 times and the same response will be at every time that the issue will be resolved as they will talk to the agent. Even I called to the agent and there is no proper responsive from him either.He will say that paper will be delivered by tomorrow every time I called him. Kindly some take action on this.My order no. is NAH024476.Actually I didn't expect this from times group.

• Bh
      21st of Apr, 2012
    Times of India - non delivery of paper
    Times of India
    India

initially i gave cash for delivery of my paper to Mr. Manikandan, he said they ll deliver the paper from 1st of January or 14th. Then after tat Mr. Ramanatha from times of India called me and asked whether i can give cheque instead of cash for paper delivery. Again i gave cheque for 3 hundred rupees. Then he told he ll return back the cash for me and he ll ensure the paper deli delivery from April 14th. Till date no improvements are there. Every time i call he ll tell this week paper delivery ll start and i ll get my cash back. He is very fraud guy. Bad and worst service from times of India.

• Su
      21st of May, 2012
    Times of India - Non delivery of news paper
    Bennet, Coleman
    India

I am one of the subscriber of Times of India since 18.09.2011. In fact the delivery happened after 15-20 days after subscription. Now since 29.04.2012 there is no delivery of news paper till date. Suddenly agent stopped issue of paper. Customer care was informed about the issue but everybody committed to solve the issue within 48 hours but still problem is as it was earlier.
    Hope the problem will be solved before expiry of subscription 17.09.2012 .

16th of Dec, 2012
    Times of India - non delivery of mumbai mirror supplement
    Bennet and Coleman ltd
    India

our newpaper vendor : PREM KUMAR PRAJAPATI - PKP NEWSPAPER SILVASSA does not provide us the mumbai mirror supplement along with the Times of India newspaper despite charging us for the same - our repeated complaints have just one remark " the supplement is not provides by TOI " please help rectify the situation.