Times of IndiaNo Freelance Payment

1 Review updated:

Hi,

I wrote some freelance articles for Times Of India, Chandigarh. I was told that I would be paid Rs. 500 per article and I wrote 5 articles for the Tech and You section of the paper.
This was some 4 years back. The sub-editor in-charge Mr. Vivek Mukherjee did not give me a dime despite repeated requests. Even after a year and a half of the articles being published, he told me that the payment has not been released by the head office. What kind of newspaper is this. You guys don't even pay your freelancers, and you claim to project the wrongdoings in the society. Either Times of India is fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Times of India is one.
Anyways, the amount isn't large but its about the ethics.

Comments

• In
      Aug 13, 2009

Hi dude...

Well done... Its really bad to know that editor like Vivek Mukherjee from the Press Times of India are involved in this kind of messing things. Its like Indians exploiting Indians only...I guess you should take this issue to court so that no body can even dare to do this thing again...Shame on Times of India Group and Shame on Vivek Mukherjee...

• Je
      Aug 13, 2009

hey buddy!

i think d guy u r talking about has shifted to delhi and is Sports Editor Times of India now. a friend of mine had faced the same problem while doing freelance writing for Vivek Mukherjee times of india. don'tknow if anything could be done about it though.
    TC

• Am
      Aug 18, 2009

such incidents are unfortunate. Times of India is one of the leading newspapers in India and if they are not paying their freelancers, then its a matter of concern. It was the responsibility of sports editor vivek mukherjee to help this freelancer in getting the amount he deserved. Now sports editor vivek mukherjee has moved to delhi conveniently and must be duping the freelancers there and pocketing their money.

Dec 06, 2009

I recently checked the status of this complaint hoping to hear from Vivek Mukherjee Times of India but guess he is too busy playing his own games. Most of you might not have heard of the latest online fad Online Reputation Management, so i'll take this opportunity to tell you about it. When people like me are victimized by Frauds like Vivek Mukherjee Times of India Sports Editor, we write a complaint online. Now I am sure Sports Editor Vivek Mukherjee or someone close to him or someone from Times Of India has come across this piece. So they told Vivek Mukherjee to get his reputation management done, wherein a few Linked In profiles were made, and so were Twitter accounts, Facebook accounts, etc.

Instead of apologizing or admitting his mistake, Times of India Sports Editor Vivek Mukherjee is trying to cover it up. I am sure he can do so as I must not be the only Freelancer whose payments he has gulped conveniently. But buddy if you have done such a thing, you should also be ready for the consequences. So vivek Mukherjee, the sports editor from Times of India, you try to keep the negative listings down, while i'll make sure they remain on the first page so that my freelancing brothers do not suffer at the hands of people like you. & Tell the person who is doing this ORM thing for you that if i Write Vivek Mukherjee Fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Scam, or Vivek Mukherjee Complaints, its a bit difficult to bring the listings down. Why?? Because how would he write a piece using Vivek Mukherjee Fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Scamster keyword.
    Anywayz...You better not try embezzling the money of freelancers again & also warn your subordinates if they are into such unethical practices.

• In
      Dec 14, 2009

Yeah, I agree...I'm shocked to here that Vivek Mukherjee from Times of India is playing some online games. He should be shamed of himself...He has proved that at last he's a ###ing ###, who are spoiling the name of India in an international level...Yeah, definitely now I can understand why Western Countries hesitate to do business with India. Shame on you VIVEK MUKHERJEE!!!

• Ki
      Oct 09, 2012

no more freelancing for me

• Fo
      Mar 03, 2014

Hi,

I wrote some freelance articles for Times Of India, Chandigarh. I was
    told that I would be paid Rs. 500 per article and I wrote 5 articles for
    the Tech and You section of the paper.
    This was some 4 years back. The sub-editor in-charge Mr. Vivek Mukherjee
    did not give me a dime despite repeated requests. Even after a year and
    a half of the articles being published, he told me that the payment has
    not been released by the head office. What kind of newspaper is this.
    You guys don't even pay your freelancers, and you claim to project the
    wrongdoings in the society. Either Times of India is fraud or Vivek
    Mukherjee Times of India is one.
    Anyways, the amount isn't large but its about the ethics.

• Fo
      Mar 03, 2014

I recently checked the status of this complaint hoping to hear from
    Vivek Mukherjee Times of India but guess he is too busy playing his own
    games. Most of you might not have heard of the latest online fad Online
    Reputation Management, so i'll take this opportunity to tell you about
    it. When people like me are victimized by Frauds like Vivek Mukherjee
    Times of India Sports Editor, we write a complaint online. Now I am sure
    Sports Editor Vivek Mukherjee or someone close to him or someone from
    Times Of India has come across this piece. So they told Vivek Mukherjee
    to get his reputation management done, wherein a few Linked In profiles
    were made, and so were Twitter accounts, Facebook accounts, etc.

Instead of apologizing or admitting his mistake, Times of India Sports
    Editor Vivek Mukherjee is trying to cover it up. I am sure he can do so
    as I must not be the only Freelancer whose payments he has gulped
    conveniently. But buddy if you have done such a thing, you should also
    be ready for the consequences. So vivek Mukherjee, the sports editor
    from Times of India, you try to keep the negative listings down, while
    i'll make sure they remain on the first page so that my freelancing
    brothers do not suffer at the hands of people like you. & Tell the
    person who is doing this ORM thing for you that if i Write Vivek
    Mukherjee Fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Scam, or Vivek Mukherjee Complaints,
    its a bit difficult to bring the listings down. Why?? Because how would
    he write a piece using Vivek Mukherjee Fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Scamster
    keyword.
    Anywayz...You better not try embezzling the money of freelancers again
    & also warn your subordinates if they are into such unethical
    practices.

Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee