Time Warner / terrible experience!

1 32 east 38thnyc, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 212 889 5426

I made an appt for repair of my cable. I called a month ago for this problem and they said by sending a new signal and me doing the turn off and reloading it would be cured. Well it still had a problem. Called to set up an appt. yes five day wait. Saturday morning from 8-12pm. On Friday night during dinner i had a computer call to remind me. I pushed the #1 to say I knew I had my appt. At 8:00am another computer call comes and wakes me up to confirm the appt. Now after a bad nights sleep i am up at 8:00 am. At 12:00 i call time warner and they tell me that the repair man was here and called my number and it was busy and he left. Now does that make sense. If I was on my phone why not ring my door and come for your appt. I don't buy that he was here . This is a way to cut down on service calls. I had to make another appt for Wed from 12-4. I told them no calls no wake ups or I am into direct tv. Why do we put up with these lousy services and pay through the nose.This is only one what TW avoids making a service call.

Comments

• Ju
      24th of Dec, 2008

I hear you. I too mad an appointment for an ongoing problem Pixels problems and picture freezing up as if you paused it. We got an appointment for xmas eve between 1-4. Well at 4 I called and she said according to their records he's outside our house now and has been since 3:31. Unless he's invisible no one was there. I asked the rep if there was a way she could call and see if he's at the right address. She could not and put in a return call. I inquired as to the time they close (b/c it was xmas eve after all) and she informed me 7. I said really and she said yes. She said he should be by around 5. I called back and 5 and spoke with yet another rep. I explained my situation and she called dispatch. Well she told me that the dispatch informed her that the tech stopped by and we weren't home. Well I blew up and said "What" I was home the whole time. That that was full of ...just lies. Sho he then said since a return call was placed the tech had till 7 to return. I vented more and apologized to her as it wasn't her fault. I told my husband and he called back around 30 min later and get this, he was told they are now closed and we have to reschedule. I went balistic. Asked for supervisors name, name of the tech who lied...etc etc. Needless to say not much can be done. I will be calling first thing Friday morning and complain to some higher up, already written an email and will follow up with a letter too. Not that I expect anything to happen. I did suggest they do like the mailman, UPS where they leave a note saying they stopped by to prove that they stopped by.

20th of Nov, 2009

This is common for our Techs. They are given "points" for each job, representing how much time the job takes. They must complete "X" number of points per day, for quota.
    If a tech falls behind, ( maybe a rookie or just doesn't know what he is doing !! They have high turnover, and will hire anyone! ) By saying he went to the call and no-one was home, he still gets the points towards quota.
    I have had techs for service calls at MY house, on a dead end street pull this. Mind you, I watched their progress and open calls on my laptop VPN. I saw them leave the prior call, on the system. I was sitting in my front yard the whole time... 1 Hour later the tech closed the call, saying their was nobody home. He NEVER even came down the street, and he didn't call !!!
    I called dispatch directly and they said he was booked up solid for the rest of the day...
    This is very typical, is done every day and is a total lie to the customers.
    If they try and pull this with you, contact:

Executive Customer Care number is 203-351-2221.
    Jeff Simmermon

Let them know this is NOT acceptable.

• Ga
      9th of Jan, 2010

Same deal here in Erie, Pa, only we had to wait EIGHT DAYS for technician to get here! We have had so many problems with our cable and internet that I have saved them for the whole year and am sending them ALL into the FCC and the State Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau. Something has GOT TO BE DONE!

10th of Dec, 2010

I just spent from 400am until 320pm correcting my own issue, apparently time warner feels as through their customers should figure out their own issues, even if its on Time Warner end. Waking up this morning my internet was out, after troubleshooting the moterm, I asked if it could be an outage, they said no. Hours later 230pm and a drive 10 min to get another moterm, heres comes a TW repair man at the pole. Receieved a number of complaints their was an outage. WOW really, spent my whole day trying to fix something they told me wasnt wrong, they were so nice though, issued me a 300 credit for the trouble. and told me why would I be up that early anyways, didnt know I had time limits on when I could use my service. I spent 300 in gas to get the new moterm I didnt need. Time Warner we need to boycott you, maybe then you will treat your clients like Verizon, who understands what true customer service is...IDIOTS