08:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Telecommunications

Time Warner Cable / harassment/aggressive upselling/rudeness

Br Review updated:
Phone: 919-595-3892

I received five phone calls from 12:05pm to 5:45pm on Saturday 9/15/12- the day after I ordered internet service with them. The man was rude, arrogant and a total smartass. Of course they were trying to upsell me services, but he didn't need to bring up an old bill I had from July 1996 as "leverage" to try to guilt me into getting more services. He explained about their "debt forgiveness" and I said then why bother bringing it up if i don't owe money? I had TWC for two years at this same address in Raleigh and they didn't mention it once before now. I told him how it wasn't good business to harass me when I haven't even gotten my service yet, and I had already returned a call this afternoon and talked to someone. This is absolute harassment in my eyes. He was a jerk and owes me an apology and will hopefully have a long, slow and painful death.

Comments

•   Sep 15, 2012

Did you ever apologize to them for stiffing them?

Sep 16, 2012

Record these calls. Always. Research Cease and Desist letters and let them have one CMRRR. Instruct them verbally and CMRRR not to call you again otherwise you will consider it as harassment and you will seek legal redress. Then sue them even if per se, each violation you can prove is worth about $1000 to you. Just post your questions at debtor boards dot com on how to proceed per se.

Oh and of course don't worry about Brenda* she is too blind to see the unreasonable 5 calls as what they are. Thankfully she is not a judge somewhere nor do the latter share in her view of the harassment

•   Sep 16, 2012

^ Law is not your forte. The OP can't send a cease and desist letter as he is currently contracted with the company. Also, you have no idea what my profession or background is, so when you assume, you make an ### out of U and ME.

Sep 16, 2012

Nah you you don't my help into making yourself into an ###. You do a good job already.

Sep 16, 2012

So because the OP is contracted with the company the latter can just get on the phone and call the former 5 times between "...12:05pm to 5:45pm on Saturday 9/15/12- the day after I ordered internet service with them. The man was rude, arrogant and a total smartass" and they are supposed to just bend over and take it, right? Then throw out all federal and state do not call laws and others in service of consumer protection. Thank you Brenda, we can now just get shafted by our contractors.

• Pa
      Sep 16, 2012

Brenda's right you [censored] douchebag.

Sep 16, 2012

Like i said paul vance the greenhorn we can now just get shafted by our contractors whenever they feel they are in the mood to harass i mean make 5 phone calls between "...12:05pm to 5:45pm on Saturday 9/15/12- the day after I ordered internet service with them. The man was rude, arrogant and a total smartass."

• Ad
      Jan 08, 2015

I think upselling is incredibly rude. Trying to get customers to buy something they didn't ask for? "Did ya want any 99 cent bakery items with that today?" "DID I F----N ASK FOR ONE, A-HOLE?!!!" Customer service is about getting the customer what her or she needs. The way to find out is to ask what they want and then listen to them. It's VERY disrespectful to try to talk them into buying more. Sign of the times. No boundaries.