Time Warner Cable / fails to pay refund

Plano, United States Review updated:

I canceled my account with TWC in April of 2012. I have a balance of $202.81 owed to be because I have overpaid my final bill. I have filled numerous complaints, have had it "escalated" on three occasions with escalation numbers. On each occasion the reply is we are sending a check and it will arrive in 15-20 business days. It is now mid August and I still have not received the refund.

I have written a certified letter to TWC and will be taking them to local small claims court on or about September 1st, 2012 if I have not received a refund.

David Masters
Plano, TX

Comments

• Et
      Aug 12, 2012

Also report to FTC and your state AG and copy them. You are on the right track.

• Da
      Aug 12, 2012

Thanks, ethos.

I am still amazed that a company as large as Time Warner Cable is not more responsive. Imagine if I had not paid them if I owed them money. They would ruin my credit rating and have collection people on me. But, I am at the mercy of a last resort of court action.

Thanks again for the reply and suggestion.

• 1h
      Aug 13, 2012

How do you overpay a bill by over $200? A final bill at that?

• Da
      Aug 13, 2012

I always pre-pay my bills and in this case I sent the payment the day before I canceled the account via "auto bill pay, " so it happened because of a lapse on my part. TWC took the money and sent my final statement stating I had a balance of 202.81 and a check would arrive with in 15-20 business days. Since that time TWC has made the same statement several time and still no refund.