Time Warner Cable / overcharge, rate increase for no reason!

1 4060 S. Padre Island DriveCorpus Christi, TX, United States
Phone: 361-698-6200

In June 2007, I signed up for the Digital Phone Service that Time Warner offers. At the time of ordering, I already had the cable TV and roadrunner service. I had seen an ad on TV for the “bundle” package. AT&T was doing the same type of deal, but I already had 2 of the 3 services needed with Time Warner. The price for this was to be $99.99.

The gentleman on the phone at the time told me there would be additional charges besides the $99.99 because we have DVR service and TWO cable boxes. I was fine with this and ordered the service. I typically pay my bill by phone and know what the amount is. Unfortunately, I trusted their billing and never looked at the detailed bill until recently. I was never charged only $99.99, they have been charged me $114.99 the first couple of months, and then in September, for no reason or notice, raised it to $119.99 every month thereafter. I called them today, 1/23/08 about being overcharged.

The man I spoke with told me that he couldn’t do anything about the overcharge from $99.99 to $114.99 but he could credit the $119.99 down to $114.99. He said, “I don’t know why the rate changed all of a sudden.” This situation tells me that I was lied to in the beginning about the $99.99 just to get my business and they raise your bill slowly but surely to get more out of you.

They did credit $25.00 (not the tax on it, although I know it would be minimal) but simply said I was sorry out of luck on the other. This is very frustrating because every time I have a technical problem I sit on hold for at least 30 minutes (I am dead serious), but to sign up for service, your connected immediately.

Bottom line, the service is lousy, and now they are doing the old “bait and switch” and then raising rates without even telling me.