Time Warner Cable / false promotion
Their promotion was to switch to Time Warner and receive $200.00 visa gift card. Switched on March 22, 2010 today is June 21, 2010 and guess what no visa card. For months they have been telling me it was being processed and it would take eight weeks from the time they received proof that I switched (their 3rd step in the process). Proof was mailed March 29th and up until today they kept telling me they were processing it and I would receive it around June 15th. Today still no card so I called back. Now they are telling me they created my profile April 15th but never received the "proof" so they are unable to process the claim for the card. And oh by the way the proof was to be mailed in within 30 days of my switching to TWC. Which it was but now that it is June and I have to resend and it is now passed the thirty days and they can't tell me if they will still honor the switch.
Also just so everyone knows the scientific atanta boxes they have won't work with HD. Since I switched I have had several techs come out becaus the box keeps pausing. The techs are telling me it is a known problem, there is no fix and Time Warner is well aware of the problem. So not only am I out the 200.00 I also am paying for services that I can't use or can use some of the time. I am switching back to Dish.
More Time Warner Cable Complaints & Reviews
- Time Warner Cable Pay Express - online payment is a rip-off! 
- Time Warner Cable - picture loss, poor quality 
- Time Warner Cable - price lock guarantee and $100 cash back 
- Time Warner Cable - $100 gift cards 
- Time Warner Cable - poor customer service! 
- Time Warner Cable - my bill is too high and keeps going up!!!
- Time Warner Cable - internet speed
- Time Warner Cable - bill increase
- Time Warner Cable - billing
- Time Warner Cable - internet