Time Warner Cable Bundled Service Contract / shot-gun contract
I am a long-standing customer of Time Warner Cable of Raleigh Durham. Early in 2008 I received a phone offer for a slightly lower monthly cost in exchange for a 2 year contract. I was given 90 days to decide. I researched the issue and found that in other developed and developing nations, the government supports and builds the broadband infrastructure. I also found that some cities in the U.S. were already offering free broadband to residents. On the 88th day, I called TWC to decline the offer. The service representative indicated that all was well with the wireless world.
I pay bills online and for repeat bills often just pay without closely scrutinizing the paper copy of the bill. Late November I happened to look closely at the TWC bill. To my surprize, I was entered into the contract anyway!
I have contacted TWC several times and they claim they do not have a record of the call. They will not provide me with a record of my calls to them without a subpoena. They will not let me change my service without a penalty.
More Time Warner Cable Bundled Service Contract Complaints & Reviews
- Time Warner Cable Pay Express - online payment is a rip-off! 
- Time Warner Cable - picture loss, poor quality 
- Time Warner Cable - false promotion 
- Time Warner Cable - price lock guarantee and $100 cash back 
- Time Warner Cable - $100 gift cards 
- Time Warner Cable - installing internet
- Time Warner Cable - internet and live agents
- Time Warner Cable - spectrum netgear 
- Time Warner Cable - customer service-spectrum tv 
- Time Warner Cable - cable tv missing channels