Time Warner Cable Bundled Service Contract / shot-gun contract

Durham, NC, United States
I am a long-standing customer of Time Warner Cable of Raleigh Durham. Early in 2008 I received a phone offer for a slightly lower monthly cost in exchange for a 2 year contract. I was given 90 days to decide. I researched the issue and found that in other developed and developing nations, the government supports and builds the broadband infrastructure. I also found that some cities in the U.S. were already offering free broadband to residents. On the 88th day, I called TWC to decline the offer. The service representative indicated that all was well with the wireless world.

I pay bills online and for repeat bills often just pay without closely scrutinizing the paper copy of the bill. Late November I happened to look closely at the TWC bill. To my surprize, I was entered into the contract anyway!

I have contacted TWC several times and they claim they do not have a record of the call. They will not provide me with a record of my calls to them without a subpoena. They will not let me change my service without a penalty.

Time Warner Cable Logo Time Warner Cable