Timberlodge RV resortMisleading sales practice

1 Review updated:

The misleading sales practice involves a contract that one cannot be released from - ever, unless you sell it to some other unsuspecting person, or as the contract suggests you must do, pass it on to the 4th generation of your own family - gee what a great inheritance. $100 a year doesn't seem like much - but it galls us to pay for something we no longer want or use. Yet, they won't take it back for free - only suggest we list it with an agency that will charge an arm and a leg to sell it for us. Oh, and their other option - pay an additional $8-900. for a lifetime membership. Extortion! And still, we don't want to get anyone else caught in this sticky web. Timberlodge/Jim Jerde now has Monterey Financial hounding us. Stay away from this "Resort" - because what they "resort" to is fraudulent. Does anyone know of a contract lawyer who could affirm what Jim Jerde keeps telling everyone - that this is an "industry standard contract"??? I cannot believe a contract that lasts for your life and that of your great, great, great grandchild can be standard!

Comments

• Zd
      Apr 21, 2011
    Timberlodge RV resort - Scam
    Timberlodge RV Resort

I paid the company approx. $5oo initially and have paid $99 per year since 1999. I have been to the campground once in that time. I tried to cancel my membership and they told me that I could not cancel it, it is a lifetime membership and I not only had to pay, but that the next three generations of my family had to pay. My legal advisor told me that it is a scam and not to pay them anything.

• Me
      May 11, 2011

We are in the same boat. Unfortunately, I have been reading that if you dont pay- you go to collections. There's got to be a way out of this!! :(

• Me
      May 11, 2011

We are in the same boat. We want to get rid of our membership, but was told we had to pay their broker $100's . Im reading that if you just stop paying your dues, they send you to collections...
    There's got to be a way out of this!!