Tile Place / Bad experience!

151 S. Hwy. 17-92Longwood, FL, United States Review updated:
1.65
Phone: 407-699-8000
I have a complaint about workers making appointments to do work in your home & not keeping them. Most people have to take off from work to be there, then they don't show. I'm having such problem. I went with a retail store for kitchen tile to avoid such a pitfall. However it happened to me too. The job started November 12, to be finished (except for around the kitchen cabinets) in 4 days. After numerous delays they finished Nov 21. I had to take off an additional 4 days because of no shows.

After our cabinets were installed I called Dec 7th to be placed on the schedule for finishing. Dec 12 & Dec 13 were both no shows. 2 more days off from work. Now they are saying Dec 14. Do I stay home again just in case? Consumers should be aware of who these people are so they avoid falling into the trap.
Va

Comments

Su
  14th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I wish I had google this place before doing business with this "company?". Let me tell you all my experience.
October 3, 2008, I went into their business. There were two salesman. One named Willie, part owner, was waiting on a group of three people, a Mother, a Father, and a daughter. The other salesman, Alejandro, was on the phone. I thought "ok, I will wait". Another lady came into the store just about the time that Alejandro got off the phone and he waited on her. The group that Willie was working with left right after that so I thought "my turn". Wrong! Willie got on the phone then disappear.
I thought "the nerve" and left. I wish I had listened to that warning but I didn't.
I returned about an hour later. Alejandro waited on me after getting off the phone. I informed him I didn't like being ignored. His excuse was the lady who had come in after me had done business with them before.
I finally received a quote on the kitchen cabinets I wanted to purchase and was told they were be able by Monday, Oct. 5th. I then told Alejandro that I wanted to think about the offer and if I wanted to make the purchase I would return. Alejandro said he had to leave but Willie would be here to wait on me.
This is going to go on forever so:
quoted one price with drawers and was told doors were cheaper also to be delivered Monday- Alejandro
decided on doors and got a higher quote - Willie
wasn't told pull out shelves cost $50. each.
quoted a price without pull out shelves and Monday was out of the question but Wednesday will do - Willie
Wednesday came, no cabinets, called and was informed it took 5 business days to put together the cabinets, also told cabinets will be on truck that was coming Friday- Willie
Friday came and no cabinets on truck - Willie
was told Saturday I will have cabinets even if they had to drive down to get them - Willie
Willie even took off $200. since I had to wait
Saturday no cabinets but was told Monday 9 days since ordering and giving a down payment for these cabinets
called Monday and was told "will call you when the truck gets in"
at 5:45pm Monday was told truck was running an hour late but "Willie" will stay to deliver my cabinets
Well, it is Tuesday morning, Oct. 14 and I still don't have any cabinets. I am taking time off from work to go to that store and demand my money back. I have had it.
I hope this helps save someone else from going through a mess like this.
Ta
  22nd of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Wow I dont understand what happened to you guys but I have had a wonderful experience with that store, they remodeled my kitchen back in December and everything was a success, you complained but it seems that they discounted you 200 off plus free delivery, they seemed like they were compensating you for your inconvience, but anyways I just want to let everyone know that my experience with the Tile Place was a great one, very friendly, organized abd helpful I would highly recommend them to anyone.
Ja
  22nd of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE IN SERVICE.. THESE GUYS HAVE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WAS PROMISED TO HAVE TILE INSTALLED WITHIN 10 DAYS..THEN ANOTHER PROMISE AND NOW THE TILE IS HELD UP WITH CUSTOMS AND WON'T BE RELEASED UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH AND I WAS OFFERED ANOTHER SELECTION OF A CHEAPER TILE THAT COULD GET NEXT DAY. I SPENT MONTHS DECIDING ON THE EXACT TILE AND EXPLAINED THAT TO WILLIE DIAZ AT THE STORE. THE TILE I ODERED INCREASED 20 CENTS PER SQ FOOT FOR ORIGINAL QUOTE AND THAT WAS OK. ORIGINALLY I WAS TOLD THAT THE GROUT/MATERIALS WERE INCLUDED IN THE TILE COST. NOT. AND THAT'S OK. YOU CAN SEE WHERE THIS WAS LEADING. I'M GOING BACK FOR A REFUND AS THE MATERIALS WERE TO BE DELIVERED WITHIN 10 DAYS AND WEREN'T. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED...
Kr
  8th of Dec, 2009
Well, I had my entire house done here in Deltona in 7/08. Willie Diaz was very attentive towards me. His partner Alex came to my home after hours, gave me an estimate and I gave him a deposit. The tile and materials were delivered the next day which was a Sunday (surprised anyone works on Sunday) and work promptly started Monday morning with tearing out old tile. My floors were done by the end of the week. Since then, they have done both my bathrooms and my kitchen backsplash, both the same experience and attentiveness. I praise The Tile Place for a job well done. The only reason I'm writing this or even knew of this negativity is because I googled them to get their ph# since it was erased from my phone. Customs are unpredictable and I know for a fact they deal with alot of imported tile. Things happen. You always hear of the bad, hardly the good. Thanks Tile Place!! I love my home now!!!
Kris L., Deltona, FL