Tightboards.com / Product never shipped!

Greens, NC, United States Review updated:

The company cashed my credit card payment immediately, before leaving me stranded without my order for over 3 1/2 weeks now. Customer service are unavailable by phone lines (constantly engaged or automated response) online assistant promised 48h shipping after 10 days wait before admitting 3 days later that 1 of the items was out of stock and that I should order something else (no refund!). 7 days later, no answer, no shipping and a customer service one has to waste 2 hours (literally) to reach. Very dodgy operation.

More Tightboards.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Tr
  5th of Jan, 2008
i see you had the same problem as I
they charged my credit card, and said my snowpants were shipped, but never were, i orderd them on the 11th of december
its now january 5th and i still dont have anything
ill be contacting the fraud department of my credit card.
Si
  2nd of Feb, 2008
I ordered a snowboard in September and still have not recieved it, my emails have mostly been ignored by the customer service and when I did get a response they thought I'd ordered a beanie!? Still trying to get something sorted. They don't seem very clued up and I wouldn't use them again.
Ed
  26th of Feb, 2008
Beware!!
My son ordered a snowboard online and was told it would be shipped out that afternoon. Every time he called and spoke to someone they said it was shipped. A week later when he said he was told he would have it by now they admitted they didn't have the one he ordered and would refund his money. It has been two weeks and they still have not refunded him. After 5 calls to dead ended phone messages and leaving unreturned messages I finally got a sharp tongued girl who informed me that she legally had 30 days before needing to provide me the refund. She suggested that my son should have read the "fine print".
Bi
  5th of Mar, 2008
I luckily never waited, but wish I had never received the board. I ordered a 153, and received a 155. I literally slid the board out of the box, saw 155 and slid right back in. Now today 03/05 I get a phone call saying the board was "damaged" large scratches on the bottom and the tip, whick makes the board unable to ride (nice try, all of us who board know, scratches make no differece), according to them. I told them the board never hit the ground or was possibly damaged by UPS. Box was in perfect condition, according to them (I will never know). My favorite part of the conversation was when she said, "our warehouse staff checks all details of the boards" I tell her that argument has no validity, if they payed so much attention to 'detail' why was the wrong size board shipped (silence and she put me on hold to talk to her manager, looks like her story plot ran out). I never received the plastic slip that comes with all board purchases and they accused me of not returning that as well, cant return something you never get. Needless to say, I spoke with them this afternoon at 1p and the woman said they will call back in an hour, well it's 5:30, I have called and to no prevail, lines are busy, something all of you had dealt with,this place is dicey. Unless your a glutton for pain, don't bother with this place.

I wish I found this complaint board before the order was placed.

Better Business Bureau here I come.
Ho
  7th of May, 2008
Dear Boardparadise/tightboards.com customer,
Over the previous sixth months our on-line store underwent an unexpected amount of growth. In short, we were not prepared to handle this increase in orders and at the same time maintain the quality level of customer service our company was founded on. We have taken direct action to resolve these issues.
However, it has been brought to our attention that your experience shopping with tightboards.com was less than satisfactory. As snowboarders and skaters ourselves, that’s not the type of customer service we want to provide. You should be able to expect the best products and service from us at all times.
If you have had a bad experience shopping with us and still have unresolved issues to date, please contact us: 1.888.760.4236, click on the “live chat” icon on tightboards.com, e-mail helpdesk@boardparadise.com, or contact me directly through amanda@boardparadise.com
Sincerely,
Amanda Howell
Customer Service Manager
tightboards.com
Mi
  25th of Nov, 2008
i agree with what everyone else is saying. they show stuff online to buy then when you buy it they charge your card when the item is not even instock. then they don't even call or email to tell you its out of stock you have to be a mind reader i guess. then after all that they tell you money cant go back on your card for 30 days. if its out of stock WHAT R THEY CHARGING ME FOR? i have been snowboarding and buying gear for 10 years and never have dealt with a company like this. DON'T BUY FROM TIGHT BOARDS OR ANY OF THEIR OTHER 7 WEBSITES!!