Dear Tiger Airways Singapore (and will you PLEASE!!! tell this to your Thailand Check-in Counter At Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok)
I am so excited today that my girlfriend Buppha Kawee is coming in to visit me from Chiang Mai, for a short period after quite a long time. My intention was to visit her in June this year (please see my bookings above from SG - BKK), however, she had already initiated a visit prior to that and also to get to know my family, which is always a good thing.
I heard about and had read articles about the terrible service by Tiger airways (one of them being : https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/tiger-airways-singapore-c182455.html#comments
) and I thought it will never happen to me, cos hey Tiger is from my country. But to be safe, I booked an early flight with AirAsia for Buppha, so that there are ample time to check into Tiger Airways counter in BKK. I thank GOD that I did this, cos I have never known stupidity to this level at your counter in Suvarnabhumi Airport.
When at 12pm check in time, Buppha we told at the counter, that she DOES NOT have a flight back to BKK from Singapore and they REFUSED to check her in, Your staff at BKK gave the excuse that she will be very thoroughly questioned and interrogated by immigrations on both BKK and SG side.
Buppha showed the check-in lady (whose name was unfortunately not taken down, but I am sure you have a duty roster of who your counter staff is at 12pm-1pm) however, the lady repeatedly REFUSED to check Buppha in and the ONLY reason being is that her booking reference number i1D7CC was a one-way trip and there is no return flight, which is causing suspicion.
I asked to speak with her and she said to me in English " MOMENT PLEASE" and never answered me. It was already 1.00pm THAI, and Buppha's luggage was not checked in.
I proceed to both Tiger airways thailand hotline but someone would pick up, said some thai words and hanged up on me. I recalled I tried 2 to 3 times with no response
I then call Tiger airways hotline Singapore and within 30secs someone picked up the phone and was listening to my plight. She helped me check and reference Buppha's booking number and CONFIRMED it is a return flight on 19 May next month., which Tiger Airways claimed there isn't one for Buppha despite being shown the hard copy as well as the booking reference of i1D7CC.
Later another Thai lady come and spoke with me and I gave her Buppha's reference number again and she ALSO disappeared for 10mins. It was already past the official check-in time needed and I was so angry and pissed off with the VERY LOUSY efficiency in Bangkok Airport.
Buppha was told to go to the cyber cafe and print out a hard-copy of her own booking number and flight reference AGAIN, because the counter staff took hers.
I was like hello? Don't you have a computer CRM and booking system there? How do you guys operate in Thailand? With papers and Pigeons?
Eventually Buppha made copies of the needed document from her email account and then give it back to the counter who eventually checked her in.
By this time, it was already 1 hour 15mins of my time wasted and had I not asked Buppha to fly in earlier on from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, with a 5 hour buffer, I figured that I will have to wait for like perhaps half a year to get a refund and compensation for the time wasted.
Why I am including ICA in this email? Good question. It is because, your TIGER AIRWAYS thailand counter staff said that our SG immigration will be doing thorough interrogations and will be spending alot of time questioning up and down, left and right, to the missing flight information of Buppha, from Singapore back to Thailand...which is very amusing. The booking reference number already is there and the hard copy has been given to the counter staffs, and why in the world is she making up hoax and false claims that our Singapore immigration will be 'punishing' you for the missing information, WHEN IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOUR THAI COUNTER STAFFS are the useless and misinformed people working there???? Why are those people hired to do a job which even Buppha (who is not very highly educated) can comprehend?
You mean they are hired on the merit of their threat and hoax level??? You mean to say, your Thai counter staff have the ability to replace and doctrinised our Singapore Immigration checks and procedures? Why shift the responsibility to the good people of Singapore ICA when your thai counter staffs are the one who could not perform their jobs properly?
Or is it because of their own experience in the past that they themselves did not do their own travel documents properly that they fumble over here in Singapore and therefore are now giving illusions to their fellow citizens like my girlfriend Buppha, that UNCLE AH SAM is watching over you, beware??? This is a case of misinformation and misleading others and pushing away responsibility of your own deficiency!!
• Call me a cheapo or whatever you like, Tiger Airways people, cos when I book a budget airline, I DO NOT expect anything more than the basics.
• No matter how budget deficient Buppha and I are, we are still customers of TIGER AIRWAYS, and to be subjected to threats and nonsense and to even experience appalling stupidity with no knowledge of what a booking reference number is, why am I continuing to be a loyal customer
• I always booked Tiger Airways for my work in Vietnam each and every year and I also lived with the very LOUSY service by your counter staffs. I am fine, cos I am on BUDGET AIRLINE with BUDGET & LIMITED CUSTOMER SERVICE
• Today is the last straw I can swallow in my guts because even a visitation by my girlfriend from Chiang Mai, yields such pathetic working deficiencies, I am not going to let YOUR LOUSY staffs ruin my relationship with Buppha.
• I had asked Tiger airways Singapore (whilst I was on the local hotline earlier on) to help me inform their Thai counter part due to the lack of time given the circumstance, so that the information within the same organisation is sound and proper. The SUPERVISOR on shift REFUSED TO HELP, and told the telephone staff to tell me, I have to call Thailand. Hello? I tot my English was bad, because I had already told local hotline I could not get through to thailand side and therefore had asked for my OWN COUNTRYMEN to help, cos they can be empowered to do so, yet they refused, just because, I AM A BUDGET CUSTOMER. yeah, I know, the phone call cannot justify the cost from which my ticket covers, isn't it, budget TIGER AIRWAYS?
• IF NOT BECAUSE JETSTAR AND AIR ASIA ARE BOOKED UP, I would have gone with them bcos their service over the phone and counter are so way much better than Tiger Airways. The efficiencies of JetStar especially, is very commendable, and their staffs are very knowledgeable and has been empowered to help with most matters. if you make a phone call on hotline to Jetstar, either side of the continents be it Malyasia or Australia, someone will pick up the phone and help you, NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL intelligent and proper CUSTOMER SERVICE
• I do not blame the stupidity of the Thailand side counter staff nor your local hotline lady who was very efficient in answering my questions and tried to help me. This very lousy corporate culture of your AIRLINE is make itself more popular than the news of the recent Iceland volcanic eruption.
last July my mate who went to vietnam with me during mid month told me tiger delayed his flight by 3 to 4 hours and flight itself was so choppy it was frightening. and please dont give me your explanation about air turbulence and such, I have watched and studied Nat Geo channel's Aircrash Investigations too, and I have acquired enough knowledge to tell you what is the problem, if you want know!
So please, for the love of God and for the sake of your fellow customers and countrymen...get your system and attitude right, and please don't hire a jackass who pretend to know but is in no position to even hold her own job position and waste everybody's precious time. Sorry to say my friend, your thai counter staffs may have all the time in the world, but I don't and every minute lost is money lost to me.
CARRY ON AND BUCK UP SERIOUSLY TIGER AIRWAYS!!!