TicketsmywayRun away

1 Review updated:

Bought tickets to the practice round at the Masters. Informed 3 days out that the tickets were not available, but they could get us tickets for an additional cost of $250 per ticket.

I called American Express and cancelled the transaction, then called Tickets My Way and spoke with representative. The rep asked that I remove the complaint with AMX and he'd credit my account. Credit was issued mid April.

Today I received a "Final" demand, plus penalties, to pay for tickets I never received. I never received a first notice of non-payment. Notice stated that if not paid by tomorrow (6/05) they will file suit in Small Claims Court in Las Vegas.

I am not concerned as I have their email cancelling our transaction and AMX has their credit which Tickets My Way issued, but what an annoyance and frankly I consider this a scam!!! I would be glad to take part in class action suit against these guys.

Google the owners name Curtis Mark Gebers and learn more about who he really is.

Comments

•   May 08, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - This is an awful business
    www.ticketsmyway.com

Our tickets were ordered in February and one week prior to the date we contacted them. We were informed each day via the website that they were going to ship the next day. This changed each day. We were never informed there was an issue. 1 day prior to our event after 20 different phone calls, holds, hang-ups we were finally told that our row D tickets were not available. After much time-9 hours and no direct story, one person finally helped us get them the same day-1 hour before via fed-ex but Row S not Row D!! No refund for worse tickets.

•   May 23, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - Ripped off but far from done
    www.ticketsmyway.com

Sorry I am so pissed I forgot to mention that I did check with the Better Business Bureau, Las Vegas and according to their files this company is no longer in business! But their other company is which is Events Tickets with the same web address: ticketsmyway.com. The BBB also states that Events Tickets have an unsatisfactory record. Since they are in cahoots with tickets my way I called the number the BBB has for them and only received their voicemail and demanded a response as I have filed complaints with BBB and Federal Trade Commission. They better get the message! They can hide behind ignoring for only so long, I do not plan on going away. Everyone of you ought to do the same.

• Da
      Jun 03, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - FRAUD
    Event Tickets, LLC
    3131 Meade Ave. Ste C
    Las Vegas

FRAUD!!
    I paid my Eric Clapton tickets $531. I went on line to check the status, and the shipment date was always pushed back. I contacted them at the phone number and I waited 1 hour on line, then I got disconnected.
    I never received my ticket.
    I am filing a complaint with my Credit Card and I will sue the company in the Small Court Claim.
    DON'T BUY ANYTHING from this guys, they are a total scam!!
    I just cannot understand how the can still operate after ripping off so many people...!?!

Ticketsmyway - Bait and switch
    www.ticketsmyway.com

Ordered tickets to a concert for a floor section. Called by a representative the next day and told they were not available but could have nosebleeds for the same price. Requested the transaction be cancelled. After a week notified paypal who cancelled the transaction. Got a threat by fed-ex that they were taking me to small claims court. Contacted the Clark county court who said they had received almost a dozen calls that day and not to pay a dime, they were investigating. Read their terms and conditions. They say they can do outrageous things (substitute any seat, sue you for any chargeback even if they don't get you the tickets promised). It's a scam. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Ticketsmyway - Never sent my tickets
    www.ticketsmyway.com

28 April 08 I unfortunately ordered tickets via Event Tickets LLC Ticketsmyway.com for Eric Clapton at the Ford Ampitheater in Tampa Florida 3 May. On 2 May I received a call stating that they could not furnish the tickets and for me to go to the website, cancel the order and I would get a refund. I followed through and cancelled the purchase. I never received any tickets.

In the following days and weeks, I tried to call ticketsmyway at the phone numbers on the website and could never get through. 12 May I contacted my credit card company and advised them of the situation and entered the disputes process. The credit card company notified master card and they are in disputes. Today, 3 June, I received a Summons and Order by Fed Ex to appear in Clark County Court and they have added another $160 in penalties and are threatening litigation.

I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, The Nevada Attorney General and Consumer Affairs. This has scam all over it.

•   Jun 04, 2008

I purchased 6-tickets to see Eric Clapton 2 months prior to concert, according to them I should have received a tracking email from FedEx within 48-hours. I never received so I checked online daily and watched as the estimated shipping date change for over a month. Mind you that I had paid in full for the tickets on March 1, 2017 and the concert was scheduled on May 5, 2017. The Friday before the concert, I called Ticketsmyway.com and asked how they planned on getting my tickets to me? The way they answered the phone seemed like it was someone's home? Nevertheless, they stated they would call me back. I specifically gave them my cell number to contact me, never got that call. I later checked the status of the tickets and found the order to be cancelled. I did get an email stating they tried calling me and could not reach me to please call them back. On Monday the day of the concert I called them and questioned why the cancellation and where are my tickets. They were very unprofessional and an obvious scam, so I contacted American Express and got credited. They did an investigation and I got full refund. A few days later they sent me a scare type court/collection scam to get me to pay them. What a waist of time. Before I pay them a dime, I'll go to jail for shoving a .45 calibre in their rear.

• Co
      Jun 04, 2008

Same thing happened to me. Although I did get thru to them several times on the phone, my tickets never got sent and then they said they would be at will call. Guess what they were not at will call. When I spoke with them again they said they only had to be there an hour before the show. Waited the hour and the tickets where not there. When I called back they (Ticketsmyway) had already left. No tickets!! When I called the next day, they apologized but told me to request a refund. I got my refund from the credit card company. Five days later I receiced the "Court Summons" from Event Tickets. Scammers!!

Ticketsmyway - Scam
    www.ticketsmyway.com

Tickets my way is the biggest scammer out there. They were NOT able to get tickets for a show we PAID for and never told us! They just kept changing the date on when they would send the tickets. They never pick up the phone and when I finally got thru they said they would refund it. They have HORRID customer service. HORRID! Now - a few months later, they are SUING ME. What pieces of garbage. Makes sense that they keep having to shut down and reopen under different names. NEVER EVER USE THEM! I hope they all rot in ***. Oh and they won't get a DIME of my money. The nerve of these people.

•   Jun 05, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - Don't use them
    www.ticketsmyway.com

I "bought" tickets from com back in early December for a February show (W"Wicked" in Cleveland). A few weeks later they called and confirmed. Then, at the end of January they call to tell me that they don't have those tickets, but they can offer me something else. The "something else" was not remotely as good as what I had already bought. I told them to stick it. Their so-called customer service had no actual explanation, only telling me to read the "fine print", which made me even MORE pissed off. Stay away from these guys!!!

• Do
      Jun 05, 2008

Same thing has happened to me. They still owe me the 45% . I too received the FedX letter. I'm going after them. It's amazing reading all these reports and they are still operating their website and not in jail. They are all over the web with negative feedback. Has anyone tried to see if they can remove them from the search engines (google & yahoo)?

•   Jun 06, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - Ripped me off
    www.ticketsmyway.com

You know the saying Only in America, well today's line should be "Only on the Internet". Caveat Emptor. Just attempt to purchase tickets, enter your credit card information, and click your mouse with TicketsMyWay.com, and you too can experience being violated in a new way.

My experience is like many others you have read about. Click, paid, was promised tickets. Never received anything. Call and no-one answered my calls. I called my bank to stop payment on my credit card and my bank said they would do so after the date of the event occurs, if the tickets have not been delivered. No tickets show. My bank gets my money back from their bank. Then TicketsMyWay.com threatens to sue me for the amount plus interest and penalties.

I will call the Clark County Courthouse myself tomorrow for a confirmation, but from what I am reading, the authorities know these people are ###, so why are they still allowed to fu__ consumers daily???

A Howitzer would solve that, but it's illegal. Ironic, is it not?

Somebody shut these MF's down, please and soon!

•   Jun 10, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - They are crooks
    www.ticketsmyway.com

Ticketsmyway.com is comprised of nasty, scheming, horrible people, who should all be put in jail.

Their business is to rip people off over the internet. And they are pretty good at it! But, they will not be in business that much longer.

So, hopefully they keep using their web page, because the FBI and Attorney General's office are both actively investigating this matter. As is the Clark County Courthouse, whose letterhead they forge and use when they issue false summons to you with the threat of lawsuit.

Bad news. Steer away from them.

Oh and by the way, is it not odd that you read good reviews like "Wow great company" on Pissed Consumer's web site? Who do you think is dumb enough to post such strings? Evidently they do not understand that this is a site to complain and learn of others' complaints, not to post good reviews.

•   Jun 13, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - Credit card charged - still no tickets
    www.ticketsmyway.com

My credit card was charged in April 1st for a May 31st event. When I hadn't received tickets by May 27th I started calling. For two days I called and couldn't get through. I left msgs and was never called back. Finally after repeatedly being on hold and then disconnected for 4 hours, I finally got thru. They told me that they had found out the day before that their "vendor" didn't have tickets to send to them. They told me this doesn't happen very often, but if I had read their "fine print" I would have known this was a possibility. So he told me to go to the website to and hit the cancel/request refund tab. I did that on the 31st...It is June 12th and I have not received a refund to my credit card and they don't respond to my email asking them what is going on. They owe me over $500. I don't see a reason to go through them again!

•   Jun 17, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - They stole from us
    www.ticketsmyway.com

There is a company by the name of Ticketsmyway.com (Event Tickets LLC) that has the scam of the century running. Their operations run like this.

*Advertise tickets slightly cheaper than Stubhub and other sites.

*Consumers place an order online for tickets often months in advance

*Credit cards are charged full amount immediately

*Customers are told to check status of order online

*Orders always show as "processing"

*As date of event gets closer, customer starts calling to find out Status of shipping

*1-2 days before event, customer are told tickets are "no longer available"

*Phone rep says a refund can only be requested online

*Terms of Use online say any refund request is considered a "cancellation" and customer is charged 45% of the purchase price

EVEN THOUGH COMPANY CANNOT PRODUCE TICKETS, CUSTOMER LOSE 45% OF THEIR ENTIRE PURCHASE PRICE.

*After first call that gets through, company notes number and consumer can NEVER AGAIN get through. Calls are automatically forwarded to a voicemail account.

Company has over 200 complaints on BBB and with Nevada Attorney General. Yet, they are allowed to stay in business. These people are scam artist and LITERALLY STEALING FROM CONSUMERS. They should be in jail.

This is huge. This company has stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from innocent consumers.

Just google them or check the BBB. What you will find is unbelievable.

•   Jun 25, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - They are complete rip-off artists
    www.ticketsmyway.com

I tried to buy tickets for the Celtics playoff in Boston. Went online, placed order, and credit card was charged immediately. As the date of game six neared, I had not received the tickets, so I tried to contact them, only to be told that the tickets were not available. So I said I wanted a refund, but they said they would take a 45% restocking fee. What? I am working with the credit card company on a chargeback. If they try to sue me I will countersued because I am a lawyer and what they have done is patently illegal.

•   Jun 27, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - It's a scam
    www.ticketsmyway.com

I ordered tickets to the NFC championship game on Jan 13 2017 from Ticketsmyway and paid with my credit card. The order confirmation stated the tickets would be shipped within 48 hours by FedEx and the status of my order was processing. After 48 hours passed and no tickets and repeated calls to and leaving messages to Ticketsmyway and emails to them I contacted my credit card company and was able to stop the transaction and my account was credited. I left one last message with Ticketsmyway, which was never returned. I filed complaints with the Nevada BBB and the FBI internet crimes division and did not hear from Ticketsmyway until June 2017 when a FedEx packet was delivered to my home from Event Tickets LLC. Inside was a affidavit from Ticketsmyway/Event Tickets LLC from the Clark County Clerk of Courts. The affidavit stated I was being sued for over 2017.00 for tickets that ordered and cancelled, also included was 400.00 of interest that I owed for tickets that were never shipped much less received. There was no seal or signature from a notary public which is required for a valid summons in any state. Upon checking the Clark County Nevada Justice Court Website it is clearly stated that the Justice Court can not be used to sue a party who does not live within Clark County Nevada. I called the BBB of southern Nevada and was directed to the Nevada AG's office where I was told that I was the 154th call that had been received by their office that day regarding the "summons" and was told the summons was not valid. I downloaded the AG's division of consumer affair complaint form and filed the complaint form with the Nevada AG office and with the AG's office in my state. I called the number that was on the summons for Andrew Sims who is listed as the plaintiff informing him that I had received his paperwork and the steps I had taken in response. Within a few hours I got a call from Andrew Sims regarding my "threatening phone call" and if the office that I had mentioned have no authority over Event Tickets LLC/dba Ticketsmyway.com. He informed me that I needed to pay them the money I owed for tickets that were never or ever going to be sent and to stop being a deadbeat. He asked me "one last time before the lawsuit was filed" if I was going to pay my bill and I said NO. He then got even nastier and said he couldn't wait to see me in Las Vegas. I contacted the Nevada AG's office again and was encouraged to file a police report in my town about the situation and about Mr. Andrew Sims comments and I did so. I have not heard anything from Mr. Sims or any representative of Ticketsmyway.com or Event Tickets LLC since that time. During my last conversation with the Nevada AG's office I was told due to the sheer volume of complaints and actions of Ticketsmyway.com and Event Tickets LLC the AG herself was looking into the matter. I hope legal action is taken against this "company" and they are shut down so no one else is swindled like myself and hundreds of others.

•   Jul 02, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - Frauds and liars
    www.ticketsmyway.com

We ordered Bonnaroo tickets through these people a month before the concert with special handling fees for a 2 day delivery. Two days before the concert, the tickets had not arrived.

Turns out, Bonnaroo does not deal with outside ticket agencies and I had to buy new tickets from them direct.

Ticketsmyway told us they would cancel the order ($462) and have a credit in 3-5 days. Another month come and gone, and no credit on my credit card and no one answers the phone at Ticketsmyway only voice mail. What a bunch of liars & cheats. Very bad business practice!

•   Jul 16, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - Horrible experience
    ticketsmyway.com

I've shared my experience with Event Tickets, LLC and TicketsMyWay.com... I'd love for you to do the same...

I purchased my tickets through Paypal and since then it has been a horrible experience... I have been harassed at work and have spent tons of time documenting what was supposed to be a wonderful event with family... Show your support and share your experience... Maybe something can be done. It's not fair that a company thinks they can just bully people into giving them their hard earned money. Go to the blog page and share your experience.

•   Jul 16, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - Do not use them
    ticketsmyway.com

I made the mistake of buying several tickets to a concert using Ticketsmyway. They didn't show up and I received a call from Ticketsmyway to cancel the tickets and that would enable me to get a refund. Similar to the tickets, the refund didn't show up either and no one apparently answers phones or responds to email at Ticketsmyway.

I didn't waste much time as it was obvious what was going on. I contacted my credit card company and cancelled the order. They got the money back from Ticketsmyway bank (45 days) which undoubtedly caused a charge back fee to TMway. A couple of months ago they sent me by Fed Ex a bogus Summons to appear in Clark County Court in Las Vegas with penalty charges tacked on to my original purchase. Included in the papers was a convenient offer for me to wire money to their bank account as a way to settle up my unpaid bill for tickets I never received!!

Ticketsmyway defaulted yet, since I cancelled the order (at their advise/request) they point to the terms and conditions and feel they are due 45% of the charge since the order was cancelled. A total bait and switch.

From what I can tell, I have to be a resident of that county to be sued in small claims and I have written the Nevada Attorney General, Nevada BBB, FBI Internet fraud.

I have received relentless calls from a certain Ticketsmyway employee who claims to be their attorney. And similar to the complaint below, I also received an email today saying that they are getting ready to sue me soon but if I just send them $125 all will be resolved. This is probably the amount of the charge back fee they got nailed with by their bank which resulted from their unsuccessful efforts to screw me.

What shameless thieves and miscreants. Major league dirt bags. I feel badly for the many people who paid these thugs with money orders and wires as they will probably never recover their losses unless maybe the Nevada Attorney General gets off her butt.

Do not use them for any reason. Ticketsmyway.com--run far, run fast.

• St
      Jul 20, 2008

For piece of mind.Just know that the owner of this company is under investigation for several things.SO karma will be hitting him so fast.He will enjoy his last good meal very shortly.GoD doesn't allow non humans such as him to get away with this type of behavior.I pray for the worst Gebers.

•   Jul 22, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - Avoid them
    ticketsmyway.com

They will lie to you that all is fine with your tickets until the last minute when it is too late for you to get tickets and then they will stop retuning all calls.

They will never contact you with an apology or information or a refund. You will never get your tickets and they have had the use of your money for months - 3 in my case. I purchased tickets on line on 5/07/08 for an event 7/16/08 and paid for fed ex shipping to boot. This company is actually eventtickets llc based in Las Vegas Nevada. Why they are still in business I will never know.

Jul 30, 2008

WARNING!!
    The same scam artist is at it again! Read below, don’t use onthegotickets.com either!!!
    Dennis Dunning
    View full profile | Contact Dennis Dunning
    Currently: Customer Service Coordinator at onthegotickets.com
    Past: Customer Service at Skymall

Jul 31, 2008

Same experience as all the rest, order tickets, wait, no delivery, call no answer, finally get thru and "sorry our broker could not get the tickets", promised refund, called American Express, they contacted the company and resolved the credit card charge was invalid since no tickets were delivered. Month later, get threat of a lawsuit for canceling payment, fine print says they can get all their money even if they delivery nothing if you cancel the payment, now get weekly letters from their credit collection agency stating pay us $125 or we will ruin your credit, and take you to small claims court (which they can't due since I don't live in Nevada. Don't believe me, check with BBB, or google them, you will find the same story. I'm sure somebody must be getting tickets, but it's not worth the risk if you don't. Worst experience ever.

Aug 01, 2008

Same thing as all the rest, no tickets showed up, so two days after the event I charged back the credit card. They threatened to sue in Vegas (small claims says you have to live in Veges in order to be sued) now they are calling and harassing me and threatening me with sending it to a collection agency. I filed a complaint with the Nevada Attorney General and received a form letter back. So I filed with the FBI fraud department. I suggest all of you who have been ripped off file also, the more complaints they get the more likely they'll do something.

Here's a form letter, just add to it or change it for your experience:

I ordered tickets from TicketsMyWay.com, the tickets never came so I charged back on my credit card. Now they sent me paperwork saying they are suing me because I signed an agreement stating that I agreed to pay them regardless of me receiving tickets! I filed a complaint with the Attorney General of Nevada and received only a blanket letter back. Now they are calling me and harassing me about paying my bills. They just sent me an email saying they will give this debt to a debt collector and then onto the credit companies. After researching them I have found they do this all the time with no intention of sending tickets and counting on intimidation to extort monies from people. https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/please-do-not-buy-from-them-c77478.html

Before you read this!!!
    Beware!!! The same people are running onthegotickets.com also!!! Dennis H. Dunning!!!

• Mu
      Aug 06, 2008
    Ticketsmyway - Threatening lawsuit and credit damage
    TicketsMyWay/Event Tickets, LLC
    Las Vegas
    Phone: [protected]
    ticketsmyway.com

A few months ago, I ordered concert tickets on-line from Event Tickets LLC (aka TicketsMyWay). They never delivered the tickets, but had already charged my credit card $387. They told me they would refund my money. I waited a few weeks, and when attempts to contact them failed, I disputed the charge on my credit card.
    My credit card company refunded my money, but now I am getting threatening e-mails and voice mails from Event Tickets saying they will sue me. However I can "settle" with them for $125.
    However, last week, they sent me an e-mail stating that if I don't pay them $125 by August 1st, they will report me to the 3 credit bureaus, which will effectively damage my credit.
    Has anyone actually been reported to a credit bureau by them?
    When do they finally leave you alone?

• Fr
      Aug 08, 2008

Last August a coworker of mine bought 2 Redskins tickets for the 8/25 game against the Ravens through “TicketsMyWay” (TMW), which were immediately paid for via Credit card/Paypal Pro on 8/14 for $198. The whole week prior to the game, she called TMW every day asking where her tickets were because they were supposed to be shipped overnight to her after payment. We share a 15’x20’ office so I was a witness and heard her calling everyday asking how and when she will be receiving her tickets. Finally on Friday, the day before the game, and still no tickets, she was on the phone asking again if they had sent her tickets yet because the game was the next day and if they hadn’t she didn’t think that there was any way she would receive them before she would have to leave her house for the game. Well, of course no tickets EVER arrived, not even after the game. So, she immediately called her CC company to put a dispute the transaction. A few weeks later, after the CC Company investigated, she was refunded her money by TMW.

Skip to May 2017, she receives a FedEx suing her for the price she agreed to pay for the tickets plus a fee. She called them again and again and finally after getting someone on the phone, they said that she never paid. Not the case. After more and more phone calls and faxes of her proving that she paid and was then refunded because they NEVER sent her the tickets, it goes away for a while until someone else calls her from TMW with the same story. She resends the faxes she sent the other person, calls and gets put on hold for over half an hour until she gets fed up. This happens a few times until she receives another FedEx with a “Settlement Offer” for now $125. They say it’s for the fee the CC company charged them to refund her money. They are claiming that they have been trying to reach her, when in fact she calls them constantly, and then when someone does pick up, they just put her on hold forever.

Just to show you how professional they are, in their “Settlement Offer” they are threatening to report her to other ticket places and she will be “Blacklisted” from ever being able to order tickets online again. And in their follow up email to their “Settlement Offer” to which they said she had one day to pay or she would be sued, they said:

“Just wanted to make sure you received and sent in your settlement payment. If you have already sent your settlement payment in then please disreagrd (their typo, not mine) this message.

If you have no intentions of settling then please start making reservations as we will be seeing you in sunny Las Vegas come early September. We can’t wait!”

I don’t know about you, but to me that is not professional at all and is sarcastic, antagonistic, and offensive in tone.

They don’t think that she will go to LV in order to fight because it will cost her way more than their “settlement offer, ” but little do they know that both of us will go and fight it for the principle of the matter! I have 480 hours of PTO burning a hole in my pocket and I could use a vacation to LV, so why not!